IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Saturday February 2nd

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

keane foul, coleman goes missing on the set piece.  how many set piece goals have we conceded?  surely we lead the league in them.

Apparently Silvas goals conceded from set pieces is 30% in this league. If you can’t learn from that, you’ll never fulfill your potential 

Terrible defending all half. We were lucky to still be in at when Gomes scored. 

Davies had put us into terrible but has also been driving us forward. Gomes also a mix of great and very sloppy.

Gilfy trying to get involved but not making much happen.

Theo totally anonymous.

Zouma started with some great challenges but much quieter since the yellow.

Tosun doing reasonably well but still needs to find another gear.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have to admit, i was wrong.  @Bailey said Marco was basically martinez mk II and i balked at that, i thought he was better defensively.  i was wrong.  he really is the same thing.  same issues.  very sad day.

Defending from open play is better than Martinez. He just absolutely needs to change our defensive set piece tactics.

We need three quarters of a back four. Digne can stay, rest can fuck off. Don't care how bad Silva is setting them up, do you think you'd have ever seen Martin Keown allow forwards such an easy time whatever the coaches were telling him? Defending is all about mentality, preferably with the physical attributes to back it up. Our centre backs and sadly now Coleman lack the former. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

We need three quarters of a back four. Digne can stay, rest can fuck off. Don't care how bad Silva is setting them up, do you think you'd have ever seen Martin Keown allow forwards such an easy time whatever the coaches were telling him? Defending is all about mentality, preferably with the physical attributes to back it up. Our centre backs and sadly now Coleman lack the former. 

Far too many individual mistakes. Three times in the first 25 minutes or so, Keane and Zouma caught napping. It really is horrible to watch. On the set piece, who Coleman is marking is absolutely beyond me.

12 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Defending from open play is better than Martinez. He just absolutely needs to change our defensive set piece tactics.

One of two things he needs to change. But I fear he’s as stubborn as all the managers we’ve had in the last 15 years