IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday February 6th

markjazzbassist

Newcastle showed us the blueprint i guess.  Pray for a draw I'm not confident on this match.  Maybe have Gana man mark Bernardo Silva or whomever they have creating in the middle.  

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Bernard      Gylfi       Richarlison

DCL

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Newcastle showed us the blueprint i guess.  Pray for a draw I'm not confident on this match.  Maybe have Gana man mark Bernardo Silva or whomever they have creating in the middle.  

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana   Gomes

Bernard      Gylfi       Richarlison

DCL

They all create in the middle!

This is a hide behind the couch job.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

App just offered discounted tickets.  I’m guessing no one wants to go to this and see us get killed

Midweek game so a lot of parents give it a miss as the kids won't get to bed until 11pm. Similar situation for those who have to travel far. 

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Going to get twatted, if we do silva has two more games for me. He is the favourite with the bookies for the sack. We aren’t a team simple as 

Pointless letting him go before the end of this season. It wasn't two weeks ago I was calling for patience and suggesting keeping him until the end of next season, but it's not looking good is it. 

I don't actually know how you go about beating City. If they want to win enough, they generally will do.

They absolutely took apart Arsenal in the second half, it wasn't even a contest. I can't see us trying to shut up shop like Newcastle did and if we are open in any way of make the type of mistakes we have been then we will get battered. If we are going to beat City then we will have to play through their press which is easier said than done. Hopefully Gana is back and we can sit him behind two of Siggy, Gomes or Davies. 

Up front, I am torn between the pace and energy of DCL to stretch them and generally be a pain in the arse and the better link up play that Cenk can offer. Whoever does play up top will need the ball to stick to them because if it keeps coming back too quickly we will be fucked. I would be looking to play Bernard as he is better in possession than the other wide players. I would start Lookman on the bench because I think it would be too risky to start him but if the game is tight in the second half then I think he could be a real threat on the counter.

I can't say that its a game I am looking forward to.

I hope Kenny starts over Coleman. Think Siggy could use a break here 

Pickford

kenny         Keane           Zouma          Digne 

Gomes       Gana/Davies

Walcott              Bernard          Richarlison 

Tosun 

would like McCarthy in midfield but he probably isn’t ready. 

On 02/02/2019 at 12:38, pete0 said:

Midweek game so a lot of parents give it a miss as the kids won't get to bed until 11pm. Similar situation for those who have to travel far. 

Spot on. I won’t be going as as I wouldnt get back until the early hours on a good run. Also I’d have to drive and not get the train meaning I can’t even numb the pain with a number of pints  😂

18 hours ago, aaron said:

Scenario 1 - We win and get 3 points. Hooray!

Scenario 2 - We draw, benefits us more than City, god knows we need points. Hooray!

Scenario 3 -They win and go top of the league above them. Hooray?

Scenario 1 for me please Jeff.

50/50 with 1and 3 🤷‍♂️😀

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

The shouts for us to lose are ridiculous. We still have to play the 2nd derby. Win both these games and it’s all even between City and the shite. 

No - hopefully we lose tonight, beat Liverpool and City win the league by 1 point. It wont happen but that’s what I hope happens.

4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

The shouts for us to lose are ridiculous. We still have to play the 2nd derby. Win both these games and it’s all even between City and the shite. 

It won’t be all even if we win both games. City will still be 3 points behind (assuming they both match each other results in between fixtures).