IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday February 6th

markjazzbassist

Davies and Kenny leading by example out there. 

Walcott and DCL have done some good but all round they lack in any conviction or intent. 

Once again we concede a set piece and the players all look at each other, clueless to whose job is whose. 

These set pieces will cost Silva his job a hell of a lot sooner than he should do. 

Fuckin knew that was going in. As did all of you I guess. Fuck sake.

Other than that. I was pleased.

Enjoying the middle 3 of Davies, Gana and Gomes. Davies and Gana ate the terriers, Gomes that bit if assured class.

Good battling performances. Plenty to be happy about so far. Except the score.

Sane is an absolute nightmare for us!

Just now, nyblue23 said:

I started reading text messages once Gana committed the foul because I knew what was coming. It’s truly pathetic.

You must have knew that was coming though.

I blame Pickford, if he hadn’t kicked the ball five minutes earlier, that passage of play wouldnt have happened.

To be fair it was a needless foul, but far enough out that it should have been defended. Zouma is the real culprit there. 

Just now, Shukes said:

I blame Pickford, if he hadn’t kicked the ball five minutes earlier, that passage of play wouldnt have happened.

To be fair it was a needless foul, but far enough out that it should have been defended. Zouma is the real culprit there. 

Yep I don’t know what Zouma was going, just deal with it or at the very very least - challenge with your man and make it contest. That one moment is the complete opposite of that battling performance we’ve put in so far.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Fuckin knew that was going in. As did all of you I guess. Fuck sake.

Other than that. I was pleased.

Enjoying the middle 3 of Davies, Gana and Gomes. Davies and Gana ate the terriers, Gomes that bit if assured class.

Good battling performances. Plenty to be happy about so far. Except the score.

Sane is an absolute nightmare for us!

Only saw the last fifteen, but agree with you completely. Some good defending as well to be fair.

The three in the middle are working very well. Yes we’re not very creative, but I think that’s more down to the opposition, rather than the set up. 

But as always, weak in the set play areas is our undoing.

Frustrating, best half I've seen us play in a long time, great commitment, some good attacking play and all round top effort but as soon as gueye made that tackle i knew we were going in 1 down.

Very good header and made space for himself well to be fair but still another predictable set piece goal.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Yep I don’t know what Zouma was going, just deal with it or at the very very least - challenge with your man and make it contest. That one moment is the complete opposite of that battling performance we’ve put in so far.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He gets done by the player faking the free kick. All of them go in too deep before the ball is played and that gives the City players all the space they need. It just happens to be Zouma but the truth is that it could have been anyone. Their heads are all over the place at set plays and City were smart enough to just add in that small layer of confusion. 

Weirdly I read an article on that very tactic this morning in respect of this game. 

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

It was so clear in the set up what was happening though in that the players are all defending a space and not a player. Zouma was going to defend the space where he thought he was assigned to defend. He’s not even really paying attention to where the man closest to him ends up.

9 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Does that make a difference?

Did you celebrate the City goal then haf? 

So that's a no then? Thought as much.

Listen... let's not get all pious. I love Everton more than enough to understand the misery and mockery that will be cast on our club from their gobshites fans who will treat a league win as a memory washing exercise that eradicates 29 years of them  not winning a title to us being 25 years without a trophy.

And yes being local does make a difference. A huge difference. 

It will just be another loss to add to the many... we aren't gonna get relegated.  Those pricks were hiring out function rooms to celebrate if Everton got relegated in the 2 games we had against Wimbledon and coverlntry in the 90s

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He gets done by the player faking the free kick. All of them go in too deep before the ball is played and that gives the City players all the space they need. It just happens to be Zouma but the truth is that it could have been anyone. Their heads are all over the place at set plays and City were smart enough to just add in that small layer of confusion. 

Weirdly I read an article on that very tactic this morning in respect of this game. 

That’s also true. Hadn’t really noticed but he starts his run way too early.

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I was an advocate of walcott at first but I get the feeling football is just a job for him 

Hes more arsed about being the next jermaine jenas.... retire young without achieving fuck all and make out he was a top player sat on his arse in a studio talking all lovely. 

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

It was so clear in the set up what was happening though in that the players are all defending a space and not a player. Zouma was going to defend the space where he thought he was assigned to defend. He’s not even really paying attention to where the man closest to him ends up.

Been saying that for ages even commentators said done by zonal marking.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

So that's a no then? Thought as much.

Listen... let's not get all pious. I love Everton more than enough to understand the misery and mockery that will be cast on our club from their gobshites fans who will treat a league win as a memory washing exercise that eradicates 29 years of them  not winning a title to us being 25 years without a trophy.

And yes being local does make a difference. A huge difference. 

It will just be another loss to add to the many... we aren't gonna get relegated.  Those pricks were hiring out function rooms to celebrate if Everton got relegated in the 2 games we had against Wimbledon and coverlntry in the 90s

😂😂😂 I live in Halewood you mook. 

All I see is a fan that's happy to see us lose so that he doesn't get mocked in the street, and another that wants us to win in order to kick start OUR season. Have a word with yourself Haf. 

Don't ever try to make out like my support is any less worth than yours, especially when you're aiming for us to lose. 

Its good to see these 3 in midfield working well, its not like I have been asking for it for a while!  Towards the end Davies was staying ahead of the ball too often but Im not sure if that was tactical or fatigue setting in.  Bernard coming in has given us better balance as well as he is better at linking the play and DCL is doing what he can up front but he does have a largely thankless task. Zouma was having a great game up until the goal when he just got hoodwinked because for all of his physical ability he just isnt the smartest. Digne has been quiet but on the other side Kenny has been given a working over and he is standing up to it well. Walcott may as well not be playing. He is there for that breakaway goalscoring moment but bar one decnet ball he is adding no quality at all. I expect him to be hooked first and then maybe Siggy for Gomes but to play the same way.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Because of zonal marking they all rushed to get to a zone if they were man marking they would have reacted to the man they were marking and not the player taking the kick.