Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Cardiff (Away) Tuesday February 26th

Cardiff are at home so they can't just park the bus they will have to at least try and do a little attacking.  I think Gomes needs a rest.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana

Lookman Davies Bernard Richarlison

DCL

Oh mark. Unfortunately this is not an international break at all. It's yet another reminder this season isn'tt where we want it to be. This weekend is the FA Cup, where we would be drawn away to Wimbledon and surely could have advanced. We don't play the following weekend because City and Chelsea play for the Carabao Cup, a competition we lost to Southampton at home in the 3rd round. Which brings us to Cardiff away, 17 days after our last match. 

35 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Oh mark. Unfortunately this is not an international break at all. It's yet another reminder this season isn'ttt where we want it to be. This weekend is the FA Cup, where we would be drawn away to Wimbledon and surely could have advanced. We don't play the following weekend because City and Chelsea play for the Carabao Cup, a competition we lost to Southampton at home in the 3rd round. Which brings us to Cardiff away, 17 days after our last match. 

hahahah, wow.  i saw a large hole in the fixture list and just figured international break.  wow.  lol...............also this is very sad we have to wait this long.  i'm hoping for a big reaction from Marco and the players.

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

Nope. It's a PL rule that a player on loan can't play against their parent club.

Ah.  I was thinking of that Patrick Roberts vs City example but forgot that was Celtic and UCL.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I’d go 4-5-1 and try make us difficult to beat. 

Gana

bernard     Gomes   Davies    Charly

Cenk 

Don’t you find it crazy that after all the money spent we are going to Cardiff and advocating being defensive because the reality is we have more chance of getting beat than winning, fuck me it’s Cardiff where’s it all gone wrong. 

On 19/02/2019 at 20:49, Palfy said:

Don’t you find it crazy that after all the money spent we are going to Cardiff and advocating being defensive because the reality is we have more chance of getting beat than winning, fuck me it’s Cardiff where’s it all gone wrong. 

I’m not advocating being defensive. We don’t have the defence to go there to successfully defend. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well if Defulufeu  that ex player of ours can score a hat-tick there it should be a walk in the park:unsure:.

This is because I just took him out of my fantasy team..

1 hour ago, barryj said:

If you could wait until after the Cardiff match please and save it for the derby. 

I’ll take Digne out and surely he will pot another free kick.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

One change for me

I would love to see DCL get six matches on the trot with those two either side. He is a clever player and can work well with those two. Add to that Digne firing crosses in. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I would love to see DCL get six matches on the trot with those two either side. He is a clever player and can work well with those two. Add to that Digne firing crosses in. 

That's how I feel about Tosun, I feel although he isn'tt as athletic he is a bit more rounded. 

Pickford 

Kenny Keane Mina Digne

Walcott Davies Gomes Richarlison 

Bernard 

DCL

If the centre mids keep shape to stop Arter from picking a pass and we double up on Paterson on their right then we'll have nothing to worry about from them... Other than set pieces but that's a fragility we have against any opposition at the moment. 

Richarlison on the left as he's more physical. Walcott on the right to help Kenny. Bernard behind the striker to show Sigurdssen he's got competition for his place. 

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That's how I feel about Tosun, I feel although he isn'ttt as athletic he is a bit more rounded. 

I really like Tosun, but having Richarlison and Lookman on the wings requires someone who can win the ball in the air as well as hold it up,

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Cardiff have never won a PL midweek game.......... 

You bastard :shakingfist:

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really like Tosun, but having Richarlison and Lookman on the wings requires someone who can win the ball in the air as well as hold it up,

You bastard :shakingfist:

He can win the ball in the air but I don't think any of our CFs can hold the ball up 😂

16 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pickford

Kenny Keane Mina Digne

Davies Gana Gomes 

Lookman Tosun Richarlison

Like it. Don't care much whether it's Tosun or DCL. The issue is Mina isn'tt fit. Keane and Jags are the only fit senior CBs. If Jags doesn't play it's someone from the u23s or someone out of position. 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mina not fit so it looks like JAG's for his first game, there's a chance of a clear sheet tonight.

He’s better suited to this anyway. He knows how to deal with their, presumably, physical and long ball threat

I’m pretty worried about this one if Jags is to cover for Zouma I’m not concerned about his ability more his match fitness, and if we can’t take control of the midfield and take some pressure off the CBs Jags could be blowing out his arse after an hour, also there be looking to reverse the kicking they received from Watford so this is going to be a tough game and we’ve got a soft center. 

And also Aidan has upset the omen gods with his Cardiff have never won a PL midweek game. We’re doomed I’m telling ya man we’re doomed.