IGNORED

Marco Silva

1 hour ago, Btay said:

We have serious problems and most of them are coming from seasoned pro’s. Simply put - experienced players are not performing remotely close to required levels.

#1 Gylfi

Price has nothing to do with it - absolutely poor all season and hasn’t made an effect at all. 

#2 Morgan 

Most games he plays he is 6/10 for 89 minutes and has 1 howler of a moment. 

#3 Strikers 

Cant score goals - not getting chances but also poor finishing. Silva has tried nearly every option ( everyone screamed for Tosun to start and he was terrible ). I actually don’t blame Silva here because he’s trying every option to make something click but no one wants to take up the mantle.

#4 - 4-2-3-1

Gana leaving and Gbamin’s injury have really left us short for this formation. Morgan isn’t up to it.

Confidence must be shot and I think Marco is seriously struggling and is in a damned if you, damned if you don’t. Anything he does right now with be met with ridicule “if” it doesn’t work. 

Good post. One thing I would say though is he isn't being brave, he's sticking with 4-2-3-1 and fielding players who just aren't up to it. If Gomes, Bernard, Delph etc were fit we'd probably have beaten Norwich, but I wouldn't put money on the XI he put out beating anyone in the PL. 

If it was me in charge I'd be playing 4-3-3 with Beni, Davies and Iwobi in midfield and Richarlison, DCL and Kean/Walcott up front. At the very least we'd have more mobility and hopefully more intent getting the ball into the front 3. I think Kean should be given a go in a front 3, his movement looks decent and he could work well off DCL who is the best target man we've got. I also think it is amazing that in Kean and Iwobi we have 60m in new signings warming the bench while Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin serve up exactly what everyone knows they will serve up, opponents included. That in itself should be setting alarm bells ringing - Silva knows his job is on the line, yet he's still fielding the flops the manager two before him signed instead of his most recent buys. Wtf is going on?? 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

We have serious problems and most of them are coming from seasoned pro’s. Simply put - experienced players are not performing remotely close to required levels.

#1 Gylfi

Price has nothing to do with it - absolutely poor all season and hasn’t made an effect at all. 

#2 Morgan 

#3 Strikers 

Cant score goals - not getting chances but also poor finishing. Silva has tried nearly every option ( everyone screamed for Tosun to start and he was terrible ). I actually don’t blame Silva here because he’s trying every option to make something click but no one wants to take up the mantle.

#4 - 4-2-3-1

Gana leaving and Gbamin’s injury have really left us short for this formation. Morgan isn’t up to it.

Confidence must be shot and I think Marco is seriously struggling and is in a damned if you, damned if you don’t. Anything he does right now with be met with ridicule “if” it doesn’t work. 

Needs to play the best 11 players in the position they play in, sometimes he’s guilty of playing what he considers the best 11 players in any position. 
He keeps chopping and changing two of the most vital roles in the team week in week out, which is DCL with Tosun and Gylfi with Iwobi. 
We need to try as much as possible to send the same players out to try and get something to gel, at the moment we look like a team of strangers no one knows where they should be or what they should be doing, to be fair to call us a team is a rich at the moment. 
But going back to the strikers decide who you feel is your best striker, and stick with it, give that person a decent run and chance to find there opportunities, stop dragging them in and out, possibly most  on here would go at this moment in time with DCL, and some possibly Kean, but he goes with Tosun Doh! 
Then he reverts back to Gylfi who we all know is no where near good enough at the moment, he been a complete liability to the team all the games he’s played in this season, and drops Iwobi who when he’s played in that position has been heads and shoulders above Gylfi, I just don’t understand why he would do that, not play your 2 best options in favour for your 2 worst options?  
With Schneiderlin, in all fairness he  doesn’t have a great choice with the injuries to other midfielders, but if you have to play Schneiderlin you play to his weaknesses, which is knowing  he can’t defend so you set out to defend at the top of the pitch, so to do that you put up top your most mobile players, Richarlison yes Walcott yes Tosun no Gylfi no DCL yes Iwobi yes. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

#1 Gylfi

#2 Morgan 

#3 Strikers 

#4 - 4-2-3-1

I do blame him for poor finishing. He's not playing to his strikers' strengths. DC-L plus a poacher up-front (Kean if he gets the chance?) would lead to a dramatic increase in goals. In most positions, actually, we have decent players. To use an analogy another member often turns to... We're like a sports car that's chugging along because the timing etc. is out. Someone who knows their stuff would tune it up right away and get us flying.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Silva can go but the problem is moshiri and I don’t know if that will get fixed.  As I’ve mentioned koeman Walsh Allardyce Silva brands.  So far only brands looks alright, the rest were not.  Not a great track record farhad.

I don't think it was his fault. A very few questioned Koeman & Walsh, Silva & Brands prior to their appointment. It just didn't worked out as it was expected. Putting all the blame on Moshiri isn't right. We may sign Pochettino as our next manager and he could fail too.

54 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I don't think it was his fault. A very few questioned Koeman & Walsh, Silva & Brands prior to their appointment. It just didn't worked out as it was expected. Putting all the blame on Moshiri isn't right. We may sign Pochettino as our next manager and he could fail too.

Agreed. I did hate the Allardyce appointment, but realistically who else was there at the time? 

On the other appointments, he picked reputable names in the business. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

#1 Gylfi

#2 Morgan 

#3 Strikers 

#4 - 4-2-3-1

Brilliant post. No doubt we are where we are because we don't have anyone on form as a 9 or 10 this year. You won't win a lot of games without those two positions contributing to the team. 

Looking at the names being touted around, Moyes surely thats a step backwards, he was never that good when he was here and glad to see the back of him when he went to man u ( he was a great servant to the club but last few seasons the football was stale and boring) , unsworth and arteta no proven experience, hughes shit at stoke will be just as shit here, eddie howe resonably well at bournemouth but i would like to think we are a bigger club with higher aspirations,  the club has moved on, moshri is backing us now with cash, new ground , we should be aiming higher for a manager and surely 15-20m a year to bring in a top manager is not unrealistic, we spent miliions on donkeys over tha last two season and expected second rate managers to make them class, never a fan of silva had a very poor track record before he joined us and even poorer now! 

I think we are all being more than a little naive if we think a tweak here and a tweak there will suddenly work the oracle. You can chuck DCL, Tosun, Kean in but the balls going into them just isn't good enough. I thought Tosun probably did as well as could be expected and he is definitely the best footballer of the 3 from what I have seen but none of those guys will score many goals with the dross behind them. 

Despite what I have said above a player like Bernard, and to an extent Iwobi, would have helped instead of having to "inside forwards" in Richarlison and Walcott but we aren't going to win many games of our FB's keep getting caught ahead of the ball, we can't play simple passes into the striker (Digne x2 and Coleman spring to mind), we can't win our individual duels (Holgate), we don't get tight enough into the tackle (most) and we don't play as a team rather than looking out for individual glory (Walcott and Richarlison). 

I'm on my phone so I can't get into it fully but I actually had a little sympathy for Marco after watching the highlights back. I dont necessarily agree with his tactics but football is a simple game and you expect professional footballers to do a much better job than they are at the moment.

Even if you look at Siggy's performance, he wasn't hiding as I thought and felt at the time and he was probably the best player on the pitch when he dropped deeper. There were a number of times when he was available and the player with the ball didn't want any of it. I lost count of the number of times Schneiderlin and Davies were happy to sit alongside each other in possession rather than impose themselves in the space and push the team forward. 

We have gone for up and coming young managers for the  15 or so years DM did really well  with very little cash.

RM had a good 18 months, then he was dire tactically.

RC great prospect, filled the squad with midfielders all the same. ran out of ideas very quickly.

Unssy not given a chance, and not sure i wanted him long term any way.

Fat Sam nothing good to say, bored me to death but will always keep you up, not enough for me or EFC

MS i did think he would be good for us, i have just lost the faith with him.

Also we have a new owner, new money new ideas? but nothing has changed. 

People say RM has done well with Belgium, I think he has been a disaster for them, best team by far in the last world cup, only got as far as a very average England who never beat anyone the were not supposed to.

RC have you watched Holland very boring and predictable, but solid.

I suppose my point is we have changed everything at our club, but not moved forward one bit, the answer lies deeper than just at Marcos door. 

39 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

I suppose my point is we have changed everything at our club, but not moved forward one bit, the answer lies deeper than just at Marcos door. 

Absolutely! At some point we need to look in the mirror and ask much more difficult questions than who should our manager be. Martinez is a good manager. Koeman is a good manager. I'm still saying Silva is a good manager. They all should have been successful here. We have failed as a club and we're using the stadium as some sort of golden nugget. Think you're disappointed now? Wait until we watch this shite on the banks of the Mersey. At the end of the day who are we...what is our identity? What do we want our identity to be? Does the answer to either of those questions mesh with our ambitions? Identity and ambition are two separate things. 

14 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Brilliant post. No doubt we are where we are because we don't have anyone on form as a 9 or 10 this year. You won't win a lot of games without those two positions contributing to the team. 

That and we’ve sold our best midfielder and had crucial injuries to that position.  I’ve no issue that we replaced him with the young, potential of Gbamin as I can see a real player in there, Gbamin & Gomes injuries can’t be controlled - Delph kind of to be expected but still out of our control. That’s our first 3 picks gone. 

Digne is a shadow of himself. Micheal Keane is just that hot and cold and shows how badly we needed another CB regardless of Holgate performances.

Tosun should be our experienced, international level, go to striker - there’s absolutely no reason that he couldn’t have a purple patch like Pukki as they are similar players but he’s just so far off form.

Glyfi is pretty much a 45 million Ross Barkley, anonymous but scores the odd worldie.

Coleman is a shadow of himself and we’ve signed a back up that really isn’t much better. 

People are shouting for kids to start games, we could have had a spine of Holgate, baginime/Davies, Kean - had we lost a game with those kids Marco would have been ridiculed by the same lot that are screaming for kids to start.

We have cleared a lot of deadwood but our squad is still riddled with incompetent players.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not even going into my full opinion of us hiring Benitez, I just don't think it would work. Can you imagine it if we lose a few under him? You'd have the agent Rafa shouts instantly. The atmosphere would be unlike anything that's come before.

So as fans should we just keep holding grudges even if it means cutting our noses off to spite our face? It's a professional game. Look at The job Rodgers is doing at Leicester - forget that he managed the shite, he's a cut above any manger we've had donkeys years, and I'd include Moyes in that despite being a Moyes fan. I know he's not a realistic option now but would we exclude him from our list too on principle? 

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

So as fans should we just keep holding grudges even if it means cutting our noses off to spite our face? It's a professional game. Look at The job Rodgers is doing at Leicester - forget that he managed the shite, he's a cut above any manger we've had donkeys years, and I'd include Moyes in that despite being a Moyes fan. I know he's not a realistic option now but would we exclude him from our list too on principle? 

I haven’t said we should exclude him, I’m just saying that’s the reality - there would be a lot of pushback and toxicity at the first sign of trouble, more than has come from any of our other managers, including the gravy guzzler. 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I haven’t said we should exclude him, I’m just saying that’s the reality - there would be a lot of pushback and toxicity at the first sign of trouble, more than has come from any of our other managers, including the gravy guzzler. 

Not a great assessment of our fans then. Benitez is a better manager than fatty five chins could ever dream of being. 

14 minutes ago, nogs said:

Not a great assessment of our fans then. Benitez is a better manager than fatty five chins could ever dream of being. 

It’s a reflection of fans in general, not just our fans. We’re tribal, idiotic, passionate, blinded. 

The dissenters may be a small amount, or they may be a big amount, but they will be loud and unrelenting when they smell blood and that’s not going to help us. So I don’t think it would work. That’s my reason why I don’t want it to happen, not because of where he’s been or what he’s said.