IGNORED

Marco Silva

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is more chance to win the league or fa cup than getting 7th and trying to win the europa.  teams in our position win the league or fa cup all the time, no one has won the europa from a qualifying round.  i am about trophies as well, i just don't care about europa anymore (i used to love it) because i think the domestic competitions are more important for us at this point.  win one of those break the duck and then move onto trying to get a CL spot.  Europa derails the season, and matches in Azjerbaijan are not increasing our credibility.

You keep stating that no one has won the Europa League from the qualifying rounds even though I’ve proven that to be wrong

You then state teams like us win the FA Cup , we never take the League Cup seriously, all the time, when the fact is only 2 teams outside of the Sky 6 have won it in the past 23 years

We haven’t won a single trophy during that time so we should be going all out for any chance we get in any competition 

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You keep stating that no one has won the Europa League from the qualifying rounds even though I’ve proven that to be wrong

You then state teams like us win the FA Cup , we never take the League Cup seriously, all the time, when the fact is only 2 teams outside of the Sky 6 have won it in the past 23 years

We haven’t won a single trophy during that time so we should be going all out for any chance we get in any competition 

liverpool went in via the group stage not the qualifying round (they got 5th in the league not 6th or 7th), man united same thing 5th place.  qualifying round is 6th and 7th place in our league.  when we went in with koeman that stat was always mentioned on many broadcast of our games i watched, teams that enter that early have never even made the final.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

liverpool went in via the group stage not the qualifying round (they got 5th in the league not 6th or 7th), man united same thing 5th place.  qualifying round is 6th and 7th place in our league.  when we went in with koeman that stat was always mentioned on many broadcast of our games i watched, teams that enter that early have never even made the final.  

Sorry I was meaning the group stages, point still stands though that we should be going all out to win any trophy

The club needs to be competing regularly in Europe (Europa league qualifying or otherwise) if it wants to be a big player and break into the league’s current top 6 teams. Playing regularly in the Europa league is how we’re going to expand our squad, lure bigger names to our team and actually become a league contender again.

If you want us to finish 8th this year to avoid playing in Europe you may as well starting hoping for 8th place finishes every season. 

A previous comment suggested Europa qualifiers as a pre-season friendly and fringe players should play. It still means an earlier report back, extra games and given our history going out in that stage. Have to say I agree with MJB that it might not be worth it. IMO better take the League Cup seriously, something which our managers don't do.

I want us in the europa league because there is absolutely nothing better than being on an away trip in Europe. A bar full of blues all day, everyone having a laugh together, non stop singing at the match and a boring trip home but with a load of memories. Don’t care about the money the club will get. 

Been very patient with him and I can stand struggling up to a point where we find form but I cant stand absolutely crumbling under complacency against a team that bad. 

Finishing 9th or 10th this season is nowhere near good enough and we need a proper manager in now to take us forward. 

If gomes can't be arsed stepping up when it counts, he can fuck off - we don't need another luxury player. 

If calvert lewin can't put the ball in the net he can fuck off, he's a striker and unless he's Firminho that's his job and he needs to contribute. 

Zouma isn'ttt out player and doesn't really care if we win as long as he can get to where he wants to be. 

Sigurdsson scores goals and works hard. I wish I could say much more about him. Clearly he is not a number 10 who is going to unlock a defence for us. 

Marco Silva. Deery me. I could see 10 minutes in the system we had wasn't working. It took him 74 minutes today to make a substitute, despite having only 1 shot on target. 

And worst of all Pickford. I'm not saying he had a bad game but he had one moment in the first half where he made a mistake and starting laughing again. GET HIM DROPPED. His attitude absolutely stinks. If De gea does that, then so what? If Neur does that, then so what? He is far from being able to laugh at his mistakes like he is the big 'I am'. Disgusting attitude and nobody in the club has had the guts to bring the hrrible little shit back down to earth. 

This result has pissed me off more than any other this season. 

I'm sick of this team, I'm sick of the manager, I'm sick of this owner. 

I'm sick of being an Everton fan. 

I apologise for the hot headed rant, and I know a lot of people will disagree with a lot of my points, I just wanted to vent. 

20 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Sympathise with you completely. Doesn't even feel like an Everton team. 

I miss the dogs of war attitude, a team with pride that fights for the shirt and the fans. At the moment we have too many people here for the pay cheque. Need a while new spine CB, CM, AM. Leaders, winners, heart on their sleeve types.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Been very patient with him and I can stand struggling up to a point where we find form but I cant stand absolutely crumbling under complacency against a team that bad. 

Finishing 9th or 10th this season is nowhere near good enough and we need a proper manager in now to take us forward. 

If gomes can't be arsed stepping up when it counts, he can fuck off - we don't need another luxury player. 

If calvert lewin can't put the ball in the net he can fuck off, he's a striker and unless he's Firminho that's his job and he needs to contribute. 

Zouma isn'tttt out player and doesn't really care if we win as long as he can get to where he wants to be. 

Sigurdsson scores goals and works hard. I wish I could say much more about him. Clearly he is not a number 10 who is going to unlock a defence for us. 

Marco Silva. Deery me. I could see 10 minutes in the system we had wasn't working. It took him 74 minutes today to make a substitute, despite having only 1 shot on target. 

And worst of all Pickford. I'm not saying he had a bad game but he had one moment in the first half where he made a mistake and starting laughing again. GET HIM DROPPED. His attitude absolutely stinks. If De gea does that, then so what? If Neur does that, then so what? He is far from being able to laugh at his mistakes like he is the big 'I am'. Disgusting attitude and nobody in the club has had the guts to bring the hrrible little shit back down to earth. 

This result has pissed me off more than any other this season. 

I apologise for the hot headed rant, and I know a lot of people will disagree with a lot of my points, I just wanted to vent. 

Aidan mate the bet was only for £120 something calm down your blood pressure  won’t be able to cope 😀

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Was that performance more the players attitude than the managers, I think so next game will give a better indication if they’ve had the kick they deserve. 

One way or another the buck stops with the manager and I expect him to kick arse.

I'd have them in for training tomorrow. 

It wouldn't be TT if there wasn't a major overreaction to a defeat :lol: 

We're not going to play well every game, and we're going to have games when we face a team that we should comfortably beat but we just don't show up. It's no reason to call for the manager's head, or say players need shipping out etc etc. We just have to learn how to still manage to get some sort of result from the game. Failing that we learn how to brush it off and bounce back in the next game and not let it impact on us for the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It wouldn't be TT if there wasn't a major overreaction to a defeat :lol: 

We're not going to play well every game, and we're going to have games when we face a team that we should comfortably beat but we just don't show up. It's no reason to call for the manager's head, or say players need shipping out etc etc. We just have to learn how to still manage to get some sort of result from the game. Failing that we learn how to brush it off and bounce back in the next game and not let it impact on us for the next few weeks.

Yes, we need to bounce back and get a win against Utd next weekend, put yesterday behind us.

It's never going to be a smooth ride guys! Just as you think we've sussed it....uuuuuuurgh!!!! Haha.

A pals accumulator was on for a £500 (ish) return from a £1.50 bet. The one let down? Everton!!! Haha. It's why I don't gamble. Fuck that. could have had a bag of crisps and a curly wurly with that £1.50.

All will be forgiven if we get at Man Utd.

As for Europe etc, absolutely I want us to be in Europe. Even via the awful qualifiers. Of course it extends the season, but it gets our club out there. Back on the European map.

It's going to be a tight battle for 7th. I thought we'd finish 7th anyway, as did many others. But if we get it, does that make it a good season? Not really. We shouldn't really be battling for 7th, ideally it should be ours. We should be battling for 6th and so on.

And the cup runs should be longer.

It's been a real rollercoaster season, as many of us thought it would be, plenty to build on. Good to get through the season with the same manager, and then next season there's a bit more pressure. Look forward to seeing more sorting out of the squad this pre season.