IGNORED

Marco Silva

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Does it though? I think we need evidence here. I honestly don’t feel like it does, but happy to see if it’s true. 

First five games last season, played Wolves, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, West Ham. Wolves had just come up and Huddersfield went down, I think its an easier start  this season.

D W D D L L

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

First five games last season, played Wolves, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, West Ham. Wolves had just come up and Huddersfield went down, I think its an easier start  this season.

D W D D L L

Put a few more seasons together if you’ve got time. I don’t think this is a habit we’ve got. If it is then it could be due to all the changes over the summer causing a bit of inconsistency. 

I,m not digging back through past stats Steve you can do that for yourself, you asked for proof and I gave it to you, its common knowledge that we are shite against teams we should beat, that's the reason we will struggle to get anywhere near the top 6 again.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

I,m not digging back through past stats Steve you can do that for yourself, you asked for proof and I gave it to you, its common knowledge that we are shite against teams we should beat, that's the reason we will struggle to get anywhere near the top 6 again.

Being lazy and choosing a tiny portion of facts? Come on Bill. If you’ve got the time to provide a 5 game sample, 6 months shouldn’t be hard to do. Facts for not conceding at home since when? Conceded less in 2019 than who? 

Man City. The previous champions. Who may end the day on the same number of points. 

Context is for king’s...

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Well Aidan said the same thing happens every season. You showed last season, I don’t think we do the same thing every season but that’s not even enough to make any sort of comparison. 

Love your optimism though.

Fergie won with a worse side.

How much did Jose spend to achieve 2nd - plus with the olayers already at his disposal.

Jose needs bucket loads of cash and a summer transfer window to do anything - not what we can provide. Plus I believe the whole off the field PR work we are good at will suffer and our youth development.

I honestly think Jose is cooked in England now. Cant see him going to or suceeding at any team now. He needs to go to France or Germany now for his next job. Chase that dream of extra league titles across diffeeent nations

19 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Fergie won with a worse side.

How much did Jose spend to achieve 2nd - plus with the olayers already at his disposal.

Jose needs bucket loads of cash and a summer transfer window to do anything - not what we can provide. Plus I believe the whole off the field PR work we are good at will suffer and our youth development.

I honestly think Jose is cooked in England now. Cant see him going to or suceeding at any team now. He needs to go to France or Germany now for his next job. Chase that dream of extra league titles across diffeeent nations

I'd give more 'credit' to the referees that year. 

Mourinho didn't pick most the signings, he excels when given more control. Woodward is still chucking money about trying to fix the squad. 

Mourinho was giving minutes to loads of kids at United as the signings were poor. Silva didn't give a single debut to a kid last year and all our youth players played less minutes than the season before bar Lookman. 

2nd two seasons ago and a Europa. Hardly say he's past it. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Looking at that United team I doubt any other manager would've got them second. 

De Gea

Valencia Smalling Jones Young

Lingard Matic Pogba Rashford 

Mata

Lukaku 

Yeah gave loads of minutes to kids in that team. He’s a dinosaur and for all his legacy  he created at Porto he equally ruined it for his self confessed inabilities to manage young millionaire footballers. He bought off the peg 28 -30 year old players. No interest in coaching a de Bruyne 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Yeah gave loads of minutes to kids in that team. He’s a dinosaur and for all his legacy  he created at Porto he equally ruined it for his self confessed inabilities to manage young millionaire footballers. He bought off the peg 28 -30 year old players. No interest in coaching a de Bruyne 

Mourinho started KDB first game of the season over Mata who was the player of the year for the club the year previous. Must have had a reason not to trust him yet. Not many players get in to title challenging teams as a teen. 

Chelseas model has been to use youth as a business. They don't bring the players through to play for them and are only using them now due to their transfer ban. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Mourinho started KDB first game of the season over Mata who was the player of the year for the club the year previous. Must have had a reason not to trust him yet. Not many players get in to title challenging teams as a teen. 

Chelseas model has been to use youth as a business. They don't bring the players through to play for them and are only using them now due to their transfer ban. 

🥳 wow u must have took a while to unearth that gem. He played kdb once over a player he then sold to united?  So u berate silva for not playing kids but defend Jose because that’s not in the model of the club? 

11 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

🥳 wow u must have took a while to unearth that gem. He played kdb once over a player he then sold to united?  So u berate silva for not playing kids but defend Jose because that’s not in the model of the club? 

I remember watching it and thinking he'd be a special player. 

Their last youth player to come through was John Terry unless you count Robert Huth. Silva should have gave more minutes to our own, we had large parts were the players didn't deserve to keep their spot yet Silva persisted. Funny how people used to give Alladyce stick for using Bolasie over Lookman yet defend Silva who gave half as many minutes to the young players already here. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/jugendarbeit/verein/631

On 24/08/2019 at 16:25, Bill said:

Come on Bill, it’s just a simple task of going back say… fifteen seasons, using the first five games from each season to prove your point. Of course you’ll also be expected to provide detailed information about the playing style and tactics used for each game, and what the weather conditions were like and how they helped or hindered our style of play. Don't forget to get hold of a copy of the squad menu for each matchday and cross reference what food the players ate with the times during the day that they ate it, just to see if there was a positive, negative, or any impact on their individual performances that could, in turn, have influenced the results. I do believe that will do it. Oh wait… if you could also provide a few graphs… hmmm… pie-charts are always popular.

Yes… yes, I think posting this information would definitely prove your point. Unless of course you’ve forgotten to factor in the make of boots, and type of studs, used by individual players for each match. I apologise… I’m obviously just being stupid. I mean, who the hell forgets to factor in the make of boots and and type of studs used by each player? Anyway, once you've collated and cross referenced all the information, you will then have the evidence needed to prove your point. Ok… if you could maybe do a poll as well, that would be fantastic.

8 hours ago, Heath said:

Come on Bill, it’s just a simple task of going back say… fifteen seasons, using the first five games from each season to prove your point. Of course you’ll also be expected to provide detailed information about the playing style and tactics used for each game, and what the weather conditions were like and how they helped or hindered our style of play. Don't forget to get hold of a copy of the squad menu for each matchday and cross reference what food the players ate with the times during the day that they ate it, just to see if there was a positive, negative, or any impact on their individual performances that could, in turn, have influenced the results. I do believe that will do it. Oh wait… if you could also provide a few graphs… hmmm… pie-charts are always popular.

Yes… yes, I think posting this information would definitely prove your point. Unless of course you’ve forgotten to factor in the make of boots, and type of studs, used by individual players for each match. I apologise… I’m obviously just being stupid. I mean, who the hell forgets to factor in the make of boots and and type of studs used by each player? Anyway, once you've collated and cross referenced all the information, you will then have the evidence needed to prove your point. Ok… if you could maybe do a poll as well, that would be fantastic.

Classic 😁 😁 😁 😂