IGNORED

Marco Silva

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

If we are in a proper relegation battle with 6 matches left to play we would have left it to late to sack him, that would be giving the new manager no time to turn it round if we lose to Cardiff he has to go immediately to give someone a chance of turning it around, to expect someone to come in with 6 games to play and save us from relegation is folly.

We have the players to be 7th or at least fighting for it we don't have the manager to take them there.

And who would replace him?

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

And who would replace him?

Why ask me that that’s what Brands gets paid to find out and if he is as respected in the game as much as we all think he is he shouldn’t have much of a problem finding the right candidate for the job. 

To do nothing to stop the slide into what could quite easily become a relegation spot on the basis you don’t think there’s a manager out there to replace him is crazy, let’s see what happens against Cardiff first we should win comfortably to be honest, but if we lose we will be a very difficult situation with the games coming up, and if we don’t change how do we turn it round because it’s very big and unanimous of people saying give him more time but the club are running out of time to get this right. 

For me lose against Cardiff and he has to go and I think if that does happen a majority of supporters will feel the same way, the risk of hoping he can turn it round will be to great to take on. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-identity-crisis-prompted-david-15853422.amp

Moyes no

Would Mikel be up for it and do we have any idea if he'd be any good?

He's worked under 2 great managers but never been in charge himself.

I agree that we need to give Silva more time but would be interested in Arteta if he was interested and could impress in interview.  

4 hours ago, Matt said:

And what would it achieve if we did?

Hopefully give us that jolt that having a new manager tends to give in order to win a few points towards the end of the season. I’m not advocating for his sacking, but we’d pretty much have to lose out through March to be in that position, and if we can’t win a match before April, I’d be pretty worried we wouldn’t win anything in the last six, either without a major change.

Relegation is far from likely at this point, but if it becomes more likely, we’ll need to do everything in our power to stave it off.

50 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Hopefully give us that jolt that having a new manager tends to give in order to win a few points towards the end of the season. I’m not advocating for his sacking, but we’d pretty much have to lose out through March to be in that position, and if we can’t win a match before April, I’d be pretty worried we wouldn’t win anything in the last six, either without a major change.

Relegation is far from likely at this point, but if it becomes more likely, we’ll need to do everything in our power to stave it off.

I know what you mean but I don’t see any other manager going to either take on a sinking ship low on morale. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know what you mean but I don’t see any other manager going to either take on a sinking ship low on morale. 

I don’t know Matt we are big club in my eyes with a lot of potential and  the right ingredients to massively improve where we are at right now, we need to find the right man and I think there will be plenty wanting the opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I don’t know Matt we are big club in my eyes with a lot of potential and  the right ingredients to massively improve where we are at right now, we need to find the right man and I think there will be plenty wanting the opportunity. 

We were a big club, we are a big name and there’s great things ahead off field. But for a manager to come in to a club that’s started rotating managers with the wind, a team that’s dereft of confidence and potentially could find themselves in a struggle going on the end of the season, name me one serious candidate that would take this on. 

We need to get out of the mindset that new managers are put off by the sackings of recent managers. All the top clubs sack managers regularly. Just look at Real....and they can have whoever they want. Im not comparing us to them but for the managers that we can attract, it would always be a good proposition due to the clubs following and finances right now. Money talks, always has and always will.....when Marco Silva got the job Im sure we all agreed that he was a lucky guy to get such a good job and great opportunity.....there's not much difference one season later. 

3 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

We need to get out of the mindset that new managers are put off by the sackings of recent managers. All the top clubs sack managers regularly. Just look at Real....and they can have whoever they want. Im not comparing us to them but for the managers that we can attract, it would always be a good proposition due to the clubs following and finances right now. Money talks, always has and always will.....when Marco Silva got the job Im sure we all agreed that he was a lucky guy to get such a good job and great opportunity.....there's not much difference one season later. 

Real, Chelsea... they’re already established and stable for the most part, have much bigger coffers and massively better players. Not to mention competing for titles domestic and European. 

We need stablity. Once that’s established we can start the merry go round tactics of managers. But we are at least 5 years away from that. 

18 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

If managers just keep coming here for the money like Koeman and Allardyce did then we aren't going anywhere fast.

I also wouldnt want to be anything like Chelsea either. Their players used to at least turn up for one season but they cant even do that now. I am fed up with this spineless shower of shit as it is, I wouldnt want to see us paying some of the best players in the league to do exactly the same thing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/22/everton-agree-pay-watford-compensation-4m-avoid-premier-league/

Everton have finally resolved the long-running dispute with Watford over hiring Marco Silva as their manager after agreeing to pay compensation which is understood to be around £4million.

The deal will head off the need for a full independent QC-led inquiry being launched by the Premier League with the organisation having insisted that it wanted the issue sorted out.

Watford made a formal complaint to the Premier League last year believing Silva had been ‘tapped up’ by Everton. The Premier League employed a law firm to interview all the parties involved in the case to establish what should happen next with the hope that a resolution would be reached.

The range of possible sanctions, if the case went to an inquiry and it found against Everton, included a points deduction but the hope was always that it would be settled through a financial arrangement. That has now happened.

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Wonder whether we'd have risked the investigation if we had already secured enough points for it not to be a problem. 

The cost of pursuing/hiring Silva is sickening considering the job he's done so far. We've paid extra for Richarlison (£10m I think Brands said), gave fat Sam an extra years wages (£6m) to convince him to stand in, and now £4m on top to avoid the investigation into tapping up Silva. Add an extra £2m for every place dropped from 7th (the expected amount the club would/should have been forecasting). 

It'll be another £6m if we sack him. 

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Make that money back alone on Richarlison when he goes

I hope I’m wrong but morishi is not very good at this football lark is he? 

Looks like he's finally got it right with Brands but Koeman, Walsh and Silva all seem to have been on his decision and cost an absolute fortune. 

Good thing it's his own money he's throwing away otherwise we'd have been another Portsmouth. 

34 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Everton have finally resolved the long-running dispute with Watford over hiring Marco Silva as their manager after agreeing to pay compensation which is understood to be around £4million.

How much can we counter-sue for under the Consumer Rights Act?

As with the Sale of Goods Act, under the Consumer Rights Act all products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.  

The rules also include digital content in this definition. So all products - whether physical or digital - must meet the following standards:  

• Satisfactory quality  Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question. For example, bargain-bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods. 
  • Fit for purpose  The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods. 
  • As described  The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

55 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Yes, let's be poor, have to sell our best players every year, and have no chance of a new stadium. That sounds much better to me...

No let’s not be poor let’s hope he realises he’s out of his depth as an owner and sells up to someone who has a modicum of knowledge, money’s not the end and be all if you haven’t got a clue what your doing with it, an owner with money who’s clueless is worse than an owner who is frugal with his money but makes sure every pound spent is spent wisely, ask Villa fans with this dick we could be easily in the same position. 

Most of us were getting excited to get the DoF who brought in the likes of Drogba, Zola, Mahrez and Kante. Moshiri invested in him, like he promised, and things didn't materialise. 

People slamming him saying he's not very good at running a club, but not many complained when he came in and threw money at Walsh and Koeman. 

He wouldn't have known if the risk would have paid off or not, much like anyone else. However, at least we have an owner who is at least trying to make the right decisions and putting his money where his mouth is. 

His heart is in the right place, and he will seemingly keep trying until he gets it right - which he deserves credit for. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No let’s not be poor let’s hope he realises he’s out of his depth as an owner and sells up to someone who has a modicum of knowledge, money’s not the end and be all if you haven’t got a clue what your doing with it, an owner with money who’s clueless is worse than an owner who is frugal with his money but makes sure every pound spent is spent wisely, ask Villa fans with this dick we could be easily in the same position. 

I disagree Palf....  if he was picking players, tactics, buying and selling them I would agree.  He isn'tt though.... yeah he made a couple of poor appointments managerwise which is his fault but he has bought in brands and from that point I believe manager hiring will be his bag. 

Under kenwright we were nothing.... a team selling our best players, having failed stadium moves, failed investments,  his mate phillip green fleecing us......it take moshiri any day over all that. 

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

anyone like that already owns a team.  not like some big football guy with billions is sitting out there wondering when some team with court him.  FFS you daft

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

anyone like that already owns a team.  not like some big football guy with billions is sitting out there wondering when some team with court him.  FFS you daft

Usmanov is one and there will be others, when Kenwright was looking for a buyer he said he had numerous offers but turned them down until he felt comfortable that who ever he sold too was the right person for the club, fuck me he got that wrong. 

Of course there are big players out there who want to be part of the PL if clubs like ours come available and that’s not daft Mark far from it. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Usmanov is one and there will be others, when Kenwright was looking for a buyer he said he had numerous offers but turned them down until he felt comfortable that who ever he sold too was the right person for the club, fuck me he got that wrong. 

Of course there are big players out there who want to be part of the PL if clubs like ours come available and that’s not daft Mark far from it. 

Usmanov doesn’t know shit, he never did anything with arsenal, he is the same as moshiri was there.  Kroenke kept them on the outs and off the board.  he would be learning on the job just like farhad, no difference.

next

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Usmanov doesn’t know shit, he never did anything with arsenal, he is the same as moshiri was there.  Kroenke kept them on the outs and off the board.  he would be learning on the job just like farhad, no difference.

next

They don't need to know anything. Do you think Mansour knows how to run a club? These stupid Arab cheikhs can't manage a newspaper kiosk if there isn'tt someone who do it for them.