IGNORED

Marco Silva

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

It’s a bit worrying we’ve never won a game under Marco coming from behind in the league 

Yet he's managed to be the only the second guy to lose a 2 nil half time lead for us. 

Without checking his Watford were probs the last team we came back from two down against. 

Weak manager, poor game management and some baffling subs. 

Just ridiculous! 
I know we didn’t win yesterday, but if we did and we went 3rd and level on points with City would people still complain?

Its early doors yet. We needed a centre back, but it didn’t happen. We need to be right behind him, he’s not getting fired. The club can’t afford to drop another manager, we need consistency. 

25 minutes ago, StevO said:

Just ridiculous! 
I know we didn’t win yesterday, but if we did and we went 3rd and level on points with City would people still complain?

Its early doors yet. We needed a centre back, but it didn’t happen. We need to be right behind him, he’s not getting fired. The club can’t afford to drop another manager, we need consistency. 

Even in the purple patch last year the warning signs were there. We're not creating much but most fans put their fingers in their ears because we scored a few bangs and the opposition missed their chances. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Even in the purple patch last year the warning signs were there. We're not creating much but most fans put their fingers in their ears because we scored a few bangs and the opposition missed their chances. 

Maybe “most fans” just disagree with your opinion on the guy. 

he needs more time.  the players love him (unlike end martinez and koeman eras) so he still has the dressing room.  we have sold our best cm and his replacement (gbamin) is injured.  he has 2 young strikers he's trying to get going and some new recruits in the advanced areas (iwobi).  it is still very early in the season, let's have patience and be thinking evertonians for once

I would really love to agree with you Mike and Steve but I just don't see it. We weren't even good against Wolves. We scraped that win and Watford. We have had a dreadful start and I haven't been impressed with us in any game. We knew we were losing Gana in January and Zouma was always on loan and unlikely to be signed given Chelsea's situation. What did we do about it? I just don't like the pattern of play. Personnel is one thing but I have no idea how we are trying to score?

Slow build up play, passing it across the midfield before it eventually ends up with one of our full backs and they try to get a cross in. It's easy to play against when teams are fit and compact. Why do you think Digne has so many chances created, assists etc....he can put in a decent delivery but Coleman can't. If the opposing team can attack Digne and try and make him weary of getting forward (Traore) or just get closer to him and block as many crosses as they can (against Bournemouth) then it stops 70% of our goal threat. When was the last time we put someone through for a one on one through speed of passing, dragging people out of position, etc. The only time we ever get an opportunity like this is when the opposing defence give it away a la DCL the other day when the pass was just over run.

Its boring and predictable.

We struggle when we go behind first.

Frustrating start to the season, 2 away wins and we are sitting second and that’s what we should have aimed for with our tougher run of fixtures coming soon. 

Need to sharpen up and quick, it’s going to be a season of close margins in the table.

15 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Away from home teams have found us out. We are too slow breaking. We do good work pressing and winning the ball back but then we give it straight back to them. We did it times and again on Sunday and it was maddening. 

I agree -- this is a problem we've always had at Everton though (beating teams away from home). Something has to give at some point, or we'll never break top 6.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I agree -- this is a problem we've always had at Everton though (beating teams away from home). Something has to give at some point, or we'll never break top 6.

I remember the 1971/72 season when we won one away game all season (at Southampton 1-0 who we also beat 8-0 at home) and only scored nine goals in twenty-one games; and we only lost four at home. So not a new problem.

We had (on paper) a decent side as well eg starters v Southampton...

1. Gordon West; 2. Tommy Wright; 3. John McLaughlin; 4. Howard Kendall; 5. Roger Kenyon; 6. Peter Scott; 7. David Johnson; 8. Alan Ball; 9. Joe Royle; 10. John Hurst; 11. Alan Whittle.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I remember the 1971/72 season when we won one away game all season (at Southampton 1-0 who we also beat 8-0 at home) and only scored nine goals in twenty-one games; and we only lost four at home. So not a new problem.

We had (on paper) a decent side as well eg starters v Southampton...

1. Gordon West; 2. Tommy Wright; 3. John McLaughlin; 4. Howard Kendall; 5. Roger Kenyon; 6. Peter Scott; 7. David Johnson; 8. Alan Ball; 9. Joe Royle; 10. John Hurst; 11. Alan Whittle.

It definitely feels way that. Since I've been watching Everton we've seem to struggle away from home. I always have that fear in the back of my mind that we'll lose to a team that we should be beating on paper.

There's an obvious difference between away and home results but I think our home results are masking the performances. It's not like we've been fantastic at home The two sides we've beaten are currently the two bottom sides in the league and they could have easily been a draw.

I don't think it helps that when we go a goal down or when it's tough out there, you look to your manager on the bench and all you see is Silva looking completely dejected. He should be rallying them all together and instructing off his feet. His body language is awful and that has to reflect on the players. No wonder the team has no fight when we go behind....

You could say he didn’t have to change kean for DCl or play Morgan? Throwing his arms up then slumping in his seat didn’t really fill me with confidence either. I like Marco and want him to succeed but his away form with hull and Watford were awful and so is ours. Don’t get me wrong he was managing poor players for Hull but our away fans deserve more. Apart from the Burnley game last season I’ve not seen    Him take the shackles off and go for teams throats. 

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s a problem that we’ve had well before Silva, so I’m not sure why it’s something that’s being held against him so strongly. 

Because he’s the manager? I’m not sure it’s any stronger than the last mangers who had the same criticism. Can someone tell me what Marcos away record was last year? That’s like saying my ex doesn’t take it up the arse and my missus doesn’t either. At the end of the day I’m still not happy 😫

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

What can Silva really do about the weekends game? You could argue the first but that can happen to any team in any system but the 2nd and 3rd? You can't lay that on him, it's silly mistakes. 

I can see the frustrations about us going forward but we again created enough to win the game (if we hadn't conceded 3). We are never going to create chance after chance under Silva, but we will create enough to win games if we stop the fuck ups at the back.  

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s a problem that we’ve had well before Silva, so I’m not sure why it’s something that’s being held against him so strongly. 

Silva's job is to instil confidence and form into players. It's such an easy and naive thing to say its the players who make the mistakes and they're on the field so they are the ones to blame. Do you think that Liverpool's team would play with such confidence and attacking threat without Klopp's training methods and man management skills? That team would be completely different if they played under a manager with different ideas. Yes the odd howler from a defender/keeper can not be down to a manager but these are consistent issues due to how the team is instructed to play and what they have been doing on the training pitch all week. He has had 12 months now. I can't see improvement. Simple.

The away form prior to Silva is nothing to do with Silva. The form under him is. The fact that it was poor before he came along is just because we've been poor generally for a long time except the one season under Martinez.

The home form this season has just papered over the cracks anyhow with two average performances against the two worst sides in the premier league so far. Lets not mask it as anything else. This man will never get us into the top 6. I was very hopeful and optimistic when we got him. Getting a manager who was young, ambitious with no apparent ceiling gets you excited. I was wrong.