Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Matt said:

bar some 10 game losing streak i think that means Marco is here till the summer.  like i said Brands knows we need stability and firing a manger every couple months make the job less attractive to future suitors and is a waste of company money that should be spent on players.

 

well done on the richarlison extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

bar some 10 game losing streak i think that means Marco is here till the summer.  like i said Brands knows we need stability and firing a manger every couple months make the job less attractive to future suitors and is a waste of company money that should be spent on players.

 

well done on the richarlison extension.

He's going to have to beat some of the top 6 in December then. I can see us bottom 3 by Xmas, his job will be untenable if so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s in a job until after the derby, and right now he should be. The next two games in just a few days, I’m sure we’ll lose both, then he’ll be gone. The board have bought themselves a week to sort the replacement out, I hope they use it sensibly. They could go as far as the Chelsea game, but I don’t think they will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note for those screaming for kids to play - the 23s got pumped by Fleetwood town. Granted there’s a couple that could perhaps make the step, it’s reminder of the gulf from 23’s to men’s let alone premier league.

I’ll stick my neck out and say it - I support Silva still. I believe this season was planned to transition into a 4-3-3 but injuries have hampered that. I don’t believe he was entirely happy with what he started the season with but is trying to make do. He is 100% not without fault or flaws but no manager is. I’d sooner see the more experienced members of the squad moved on that are constantly letting us down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Btay said:

Just a note for those screaming for kids to play - the 23s got pumped by Fleetwood town. Granted there’s a couple that could perhaps make the step, it’s reminder of the gulf from 23’s to men’s let alone premier league.

I’ll stick my neck out and say it - I support Silva still. I believe this season was planned to transition into a 4-3-3 but injuries have hampered that. I don’t believe he was entirely happy with what he started the season with but is trying to make do. He is 100% not without fault or flaws but no manager is. I’d sooner see the more experienced members of the squad moved on that are constantly letting us down.

Injuries had nothing to do with the first 6 games of the season, the easiest start to a season in years, he basically had a full squad to choose from. 
Why wouldn’t he be happy with what  he had to start the season with, he had 10 players he brought into the club to choose from, for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Palfy said:

for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

With the form of Mina I don't think Silva can even hide behind that one. Zouma hasn't been missed. For me it's not the players that aren't good enough, it's the tactics they just don't cause enough problems. Teams are happy to sit and let us have the ball as they know we're not gonna cause their keeper too much trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nogs said:

He's going to have to beat some of the top 6 in December then. I can see us bottom 3 by Xmas, his job will be untenable if so. 

He doesn’t have to beat the top 6.  Draws are fine and honestly a better result than most would expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Injuries had nothing to do with the first 6 games of the season, the easiest start to a season in years, he basically had a full squad to choose from. 
Why wouldn’t he be happy with what  he had to start the season with, he had 10 players he brought into the club to choose from, for me the only position I can see where he missed out on a signing was CH, but that was in part his own fault for not highlighting enough targets with Brands, because they felt so sure they were going to get Zouma. 

Morgan’s soft red card in the first game.

Bournemouth was a disgrace from VAR but I also agree to an extent with comments you’ve made that we need to take results out of the hands of refs. 

Villa was a shit show I will grant you that but is it solely on the manager - no for me.

Not sure how you know transfers work at the club so I can’t really see how you lay blame at Marco for the amount of targets identified - actually bemused by that comment.  

Would you expect some cohesion time to take place at the start? We had just sold our best player in Gana and broke up our CM pairing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll look back at this guy with fond memories. I’ll remember him for making some of the worst subs I’ve ever seen. I’ll also think “remember how we never came back from a goal down over 18 months!”

then I’ll think of how many goals we concede from set plays and wonder how he kept his job for so long....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lose against Leicester and he's gone. Simple as that. Whatever happens we are delaying the inevitable. The lad is pure crap of a manager. Even if we win the next 5 games with him still in charge, that won't change my opinion. His understanding of the game is way too basic for a manager in the toughest league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2019 at 08:52, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be very happy if we did.

I  would not  Romey  as a win  may  make  Moshiri pause  0when  we  do   need to  win  and we get beaten ….  So  I hope you guys  will forgive  me if we  have  a minor loss.( I think this  could be the best outcome for  everyone  concerned )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's in Silvas own hands now. Tough run of fixtures. Show us what you've got. It's never too late to win footy fans over, as much as we like to deny it, we are as fickle as they come.

The table doesn't lie. So as much as it doesn't look pretty, we are as far from the relegation zone as we are from the too 6 - weird season so far with a few teams wobbling below expectation.

Get battered by Leicester, it's over. Do well, you buy time. Do well against the Shite, you buy more time.

Over to you Marco!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

It's a good point. We've been struggling up top for a few seasons, with Big Dunc surely covering that area in coaching. He seems to get a stay of execution each time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

great point @Shukes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

That may well be true so it’s up to the manager to change that, not just put up with it. 
The reality is he’s the manager there his coaching staff whether they were here before him or not, he has had full control over the coaches to hire and fire. 
He’s the Captain of this ship and if it’s sinking like all good Captain’s he has to go down with it, and not blame the crew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That may well be true so it’s up to the manager to change that, not just put up with it. 
The reality is he’s the manager there his coaching staff whether they were here before him or not, he has had full control over the coaches to hire and fire. 
He’s the Captain of this ship and if it’s sinking like all good Captain’s he has to go down with it, and not blame the crew. 

Ahh didn’t realise he hires and fires the coaching staff as well. Thought the DOF would do that like in other teams. 
 

But the point still stands, we need to look at the whole set-up and not just the manager, as the bigger problems may lie elsewhere. This is where I’m expecting Brands to step up and earn his wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ahh didn’t realise he hires and fires the coaching staff as well. Thought the DOF would do that like in other teams. 
 

But the point still stands, we need to look at the whole set-up and not just the manager, as the bigger problems may lie elsewhere. This is where I’m expecting Brands to step up and earn his wage.

I don’t think the DOF would hire coaches, they work under the manager so surely they would pick their own staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StevO said:

Maybe Duncan doesn’t just coach the forwards. Yes he was a forward as a player, but he’s been learning to coach and won’t just be sticking to one area. 

Of course. But I doubt a player who's played as forward all his life will be the main Defensive coach. Or Goalkeeper coach. Pretty sure his main area will be the strikers. Who would you have training an Electrician? A time served Electrician or a Plumber?

Pretty sure DCL gave an interview a couple of years ago regarding Dunc and his forward coaching.

It's a small thing at the end of the day, but I'm unsure of his credentials in stepping in as Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Many fans are asking for a man manager, but when you read players comments, tabloid reports, and fellow senior people in the football industry, try ye are all saying that Silva is a man manager and that’s his greatest strength. He seems well regarded in that sense.

Maybe it’s the coaching staff that needs a overhaul. Positioning seems non existent at times. Attacking play is always non existent. Surely the is where coaching NG staff need to be held accountable as well.

The coaching staff bar Dunc have been changed regularly over the last few seasons. I don't think it will make a difference.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's a good point. We've been struggling up top for a few seasons, with Big Dunc surely covering that area in coaching. He seems to get a stay of execution each time?

I think that's a bit harsh. Lukaku improved loads during his time here, DCL has come through the ranks and become a Premier League striker. Obviously we don't know how hands on he has been with them both, but on the face of it he has done alright with those two.

Whilst its clear we don't have an elite striker, I would say the problems lie a lot further back that the striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Of course. But I doubt a player who's played as forward all his life will be the main Defensive coach. Or Goalkeeper coach. Pretty sure his main area will be the strikers. Who would you have training an Electrician? A time served Electrician or a Plumber?

Pretty sure DCL gave an interview a couple of years ago regarding Dunc and his forward coaching.

It's a small thing at the end of the day, but I'm unsure of his credentials in stepping in as Manager.

I don’t think we have coaches who are just attacking or defensive coaches. They will all have things they are better at than others, but I’d be surprised if they were that specific all day every day other than the goalkeeping coach as that’s massively specific. 
 

By logic someone who can coach a forward can also coach a defender how to counter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ahh didn’t realise he hires and fires the coaching staff as well. Thought the DOF would do that like in other teams. 
 

But the point still stands, we need to look at the whole set-up and not just the manager, as the bigger problems may lie elsewhere. This is where I’m expecting Brands to step up and earn his wage.

Managers do that always have, haven’t you heard it said the manager brings in his coaching staff, or the manager and his coaching staff get sacked, some managers might go to a club and retain some of the coaching staff left by the outgoing manager, but that is generally their choice, Brands didn’t appoint Boa Morte Silva did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think the DOF would hire coaches, they work under the manager so surely they would pick their own staff?

When reading about DOFs, they are managers, and manage the everything to do with the club, while the “Football manager” usually looks after the coaching of the football team. 
 

Really I’m using the City model as an example, but don’t know if this is the usual, or the exception. At Everton it could be a totally different system than anyone has ever heard of haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think the DOF would hire coaches, they work under the manager so surely they would pick their own staff?

I think the manager would select the coaching staff but the DoF would sort the contracts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Managers do that always have, haven’t you heard it said the manager brings in his coaching staff, or the manager and his coaching staff get sacked, some managers might go to a club and retain some of the coaching staff left by the outgoing manager, but that is generally their choice, Brands didn’t appoint Boa Morte Silva did. 

No I haven’t heard that. I have heard the opposite to be fair. I have read that the manager sorts the team out, while the DOF  manages everything to do with football, the staff, transfer targets, PR, everything else.

But I defer to your knowledge in this one. Like I say, I’m going off the City model as I read a lot into that one to find out what a DOF is. Doesn’t mean we follow the same model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bailey said:

I think the manager would select the coaching staff but the DoF would sort the contracts out.

Yes could be this. Or even the manager saying what model he wants, and the DOF finding staff that suits that model, like transfer targets.

But again... we are Everton, it could be anything 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shukes said:

Yes could be this. Or even the manager saying what model he wants, and the DOF finding staff that suits that model, like transfer targets.

But again... we are Everton, it could be anything 😉

Seriously mate it’s the manager in every club, successful managers take their staff with them from one team to the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Seriously mate it’s the manager in every club, successful managers take their staff with them from one team to the next. 

No it’s not mate. Some DOFs manage the staff from a profile given to them by the manager. Managers have even came out and said themselves. 

No disrespect, but I trust thier words before yours 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shukes said:

No it’s not mate. Some DOFs manage the staff from a profile given to them by the manager. Managers have even came out and said themselves. 

No disrespect, but I trust thier words before yours 😉

You can be so hurtful sometimes 😉👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think we have coaches who are just attacking or defensive coaches. They will all have things they are better at than others, but I’d be surprised if they were that specific all day every day other than the goalkeeping coach as that’s massively specific. 
 

By logic someone who can coach a forward can also coach a defender how to counter. 

Yeah, 'Spose so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked stunned at the end there. Almost like 'What the fuck do I have to do?!'

The coin just ain't dropping in his favour when he most needs it to. I actually feel for him a bit, we've had so many bad luck moments this season, from VAR to marginals to injuries. But it's a results game and he has to pick himself up and battle on like he's never battled before if he wants to keep this job. Lose this, and it's a long road back to the top for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Felt for him today, his game plan and tactics were spot on but was badly let down by Tom Davies doing his best Mike Milligan impression 

Mike Milligan what a gem he was. He and Stefan rehn were a formidable combo. I do often wonder when it all went wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you do for the best. He’s going to look like a shitting dog on the touchline on Wednesday or so you think Bill is hoping for a “Kevin Brock” moment that saves him? I would expect news tonight or in the morning that he is gone and joe Royle and Unsworth will be in for the derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If he goes tomorrow he at least went down fighting, and the players trying for him for once. 
Although having said that I think Davies has been struck off his Christmas card list 😀

He won't go tomorrow we played average at best against an in form mid table team which means he's brought him self another season or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can blame injuries, VAR, or whatever else but his game management is so poor. Every match at the end, usually when in the balance, he likes to turn it into a basketball game, and we lose every time. There's just no composure. We need someone to put their foot on the ball and take the sting out of it. Instead, we are lumping balls to our outlets trying to hit them on the counter. It's just back and forth. It's not the players, it's his instructions and how we play every single week. It's no coincidence, or luck that we concede and lose games late on so often.

He is out of his depth as a premier league manager. The best managers get the luck and the worst managers don't seem to get any. It's how it works and Marco Silva already has a relegation on his resume. I do believe that in the end, Hull were a tad unlucky to go down that year after a great revival. He just has that knack and we need him out asap.

Nice bloke though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Look at what Rodgers did during the game though went to a back three and played childwell as one of them, brought inacheo on alongside vardy. Really good management. 

Silva’s tactics were spot on today , if not for two brain farts from Davies we would have walked away with all 3 points, all be it the injuries probably played a part in him changing the formation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Silva’s tactics were spot on today , if not for two brain farts from Davies we would have walked away with all 3 points, all be it the injuries probably played a part in him changing the formation 

Today they might have been but generally they are meh. To never come back from a goal down to win says it all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...