IGNORED

Marco Silva

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Mourinho... Remind me how he 'inspired' a bunch of underperforming wannabes at Man Utd? Would be utterly the wrong direction for us to go in, more throwing big money around hoping to buy quick success. We need a hungry manager who understands the way the game is being played nowadays. Mourinho is 10 years out of date. 

He won the Europa in 2017 and also got a very poor squad second in 2018.

Mourinho does not:

1) Give youth a chance.

2) Select teams that play attacking football.

3) Work well with a director of football.

4) Change his ways i.e; adapt.

Mourinho does:

1) Throw his toys out of the pram when he cant get his own way.

2) Spend vast fortunes on players in their prime.

3) Believe that nothing is ever his fault.

4) Ultimately create a poisoned atmosphere in every club he works at.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Mourinho does not:

1) Give youth a chance.

2) Select teams that play attacking football.

3) Work well with a director of football.

4) Change his ways i.e; adapt.

Mourinho does:

1) Throw his toys out of the pram when he cant get his own way.

2) Spend vast fortunes on players in their prime.

3) Believe that nothing is ever his fault.

4) Ultimately create a poised atmosphere in every club he works at.

But you know we will end up with him don't you? 

I have no pleasure in saying I told you so. This fella is dreadful. Someone needs to tell him that the object of the game is to score and not just get it to the full backs and cross it.

If that was the object of the game, wed be top by about 50 points. Worst pattern of play ever. It doesnt matter what system or personnel you play. Under SIlva, it will always be dreadful. Easy to play against, so predictable and how boring.....................

Not saying 'get him out now', but I'd definitely move on after the season. I've seen enough to know he's not a manager that makes a positive difference. He's perfectly replaceable, so I'd rather move on and try to get in someone who's not just a replacement level manager. 

I'd seriously consider seeing what Arteta's made of as manager.

14 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

Not saying 'get him out now', but I'd definitely move on after the season. I've seen enough to know he's not a manager that makes a positive difference. He's perfectly replaceable, so I'd rather move on and try to get in someone who's not just a replacement level manager. 

I'd seriously consider seeing what Arteta's made of as manager.

We need to get him out now. We are just delaying the inevitable. There is zero progression. This is Allardyce revisited with worse defending. Who we get I don't know. If it was my full time job though, I would know. We would have to take a punt on someone or pay a lot of money for a proven manager. Arteta is an obvious choice. He surely couldnt be any worse We could honestly go down with this fella in charge. We havent even played anyone good yet.

I think we all need to relax a bit guys.

This is a million miles away from Fat Sam football.

We do look the better team in these matches. We’re just conceding and not scoring.

Our team is young with new players.

Weve just lost our best player.

Were not the only team to lose a few matches so far. Let’s all relax a bit, and let the emotions settle. Then we can look at the situation a little more objectively.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think we all need to relax a bit guys.

This is a million miles away from Fat Sam football.

We do look the better team in these matches. We’re just conceding and not scoring.

Our team is young with new players.

Weve just lost our best player.

Were not the only team to lose a few matches so far. Let’s all relax a bit, and let the emotions settle. Then we can look at the situation a little more objectively.

We do not look the better team. What game are you watching? We're just conceding and not scoring.. That's a bad combo you're right. We could still be playing now and we wouldnt have scored. We just played a newly promoted team who have been used to physically demanding games in the championship. Our tactic was to just get crosses in....again, the same as every other game. It's so easy to play against why can't people see it. 

OK then. Lets just win the odd game here and there, finish around 12th.

Let's stop with the Mourinho calls. If Brands decides to pull the trigger there are other interesting choices to look at. Marcelino and Gallardo have been suggested elsewhere and would be more interesting choices. Gallardo might actually be in Brands' radar already considering he knows the South American market. Marcelino did a great job at Valencia and was basically sacked over backroom stuff.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/marcelino-valencia-tactical-analysis

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

If we change the manager would Pickford, Keane etc suddenly stop making school boy errors?

Of course they would its all the managers fault!

45 minutes ago, Makis said:

Let's stop with the Mourinho calls. If Brands decides to pull the trigger there are other interesting choices to look at. Marcelino and Gallardo have been

100% don't want Mourinho, not really sure who I would like, but maybe we need to take off our Blue tinted glasses and consider Rafa, and as much I dislike him as a person, Brendan Rodgers is doing an excellent job at Leicester, they are playing excellent football and getting the results. We've had e players from over the park, why not a manager?

53 minutes ago, Makis said:

Let's stop with the Mourinho calls. If Brands decides to pull the trigger there are other interesting choices to look at. Marcelino and Gallardo have been suggested elsewhere and would be more interesting choices. Gallardo might actually be in Brands' radar already considering he knows the South American market. Marcelino did a great job at Valencia and was basically sacked over backroom stuff.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/marcelino-valencia-tactical-analysis

Yeah Marcelino is a good manager, but I’m not sure we’ll he would do here with the physicality of the league a lot different.  

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

That scares me.  Moshiri has shown he’s been pretty bad when it’s up to him.  He’s better when trusting professionals.

I don’t think he’s got enough of a track record of trusting professionals to make an informed opinion to be honest. Even though he brought in Marcel he still picked the manager himself. 

I don’t know enough about foreign managers. We would be linked with the same old names. Obviously the sentimental side would be arteta but I think he will takeover at city eventually. I defiantly don’t wank Jose and nor would he come. There is not many managers that have actually won trophies. I like the young manager with the really long name in Germany that bought lookman. Apart from him there is only one guy who has won things isn’t a players player but players respect him. That’s Benitez. 

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

He won the Europa in 2017 and also got a very poor squad second in 2018.

Both of which are counted as under achievement at Man Utd. Every club he has been successful at, he has walked into dressing rooms full of big players, big personalities. He has been very successful on the psychology of getting top players performing well... Until Utd with Pogba, Sanchez et al. He has never taken a young team and improved them through the quality of his coaching. That's what we need. 

15 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t know enough about foreign managers. We would be linked with the same old names. Obviously the sentimental side would be arteta but I think he will takeover at city eventually. I defiantly don’t wank Jose and nor would he come. There is not many managers that have actually won trophies. I like the young manager with the really long name in Germany that bought lookman. Apart from him there is only one guy who has won things isn’t a players player but players respect him. That’s Benitez. 

Your typo in this post has been the best part of being an Evertonian this weekend. 
😂

Sadly Marco Silva appeared to be at a loss against Sheffield Utd, but I still hope he gets until the end of the year to sort it out and get his 'system' working for us. If he does get the sack though, I'm not sure who could come in and do a decent job. Rafa Benitez was my choice the last time around when we were hell-bent on bringing in Silva. He does have the experience we'd be looking for and he has won trophies. Not sure about José Mourinho at all to be honest. It's bad enough when you have one or two toxic players in a squad, so having someone who can be has toxic and abrasive as Mourinho could really screw us up. Obviously I'm hoping that Marco can do the business, but I'm starting to think that it's unlikely 😒