Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Marco Silva

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Well no, as you said further down your post it depends on the payment plan whether it's a single payment or spread in installments over 2-3-4 years, but once you bought that player it doesn't matter when you sell him, you owe the money accordingly to the payment plan even when the player is no longer at your club. I think we still owe money to Ajax for Klaassen.

When you buy the player his cost is spread over the length of his contract, when you sell a player the income is spread as per the payment plan. I didn’t mention what happens if you sell a player while he still has some outstanding expense.

When we sold Klassen we would have either kept paying the instalments and they would be acrued that way, or we would have paid off the remaining money and it would be acrued that way. You can declare the flow of cash as you pay it, therefore spreading the expense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

 

From memory you can choose whether to declare the full amount in the accounts or spread it.

Think it was highlighted in the past when we put Fellaini's fee as just the first installment but had used the full fee we would eventually get for whatever player we sold that year to balance the books. 

Exactly Pete, you can choose to do either. But it makes no sense to put the full amount it, a capital expenditure of such large sums would always be better spread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

When you buy the player his cost is spread over the length of his contract, when you sell a player the income is spread as per the payment plan. I didn’t mention what happens if you sell a player while he still has some outstanding expense.

When we sold Klassen we would have either kept paying the instalments and they would be acrued that way, or we would have paid off the remaining money and it would be acrued that way. You can declare the flow of cash as you pay it, therefore spreading the expense. 

Oh yeah I agree. Apparently I didn't understand what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

But it makes no sense to put the full amount it.

It makes sense when the club generated a lot of money over the past season and want to cut taxable profit. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, StevO said:

What are you talking about? 🤷🏼‍♀️

In 2007 City was worth $200m, now its worth $2.5b. I'm not saying ego plays no part but there's plenty of money being made. Billionaires didn't get to be billionaires because they like wasting money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chach said:

In 2007 City was worth $200m, now its worth $2.5b. I'm not saying ego plays no part but there's plenty of money being made. Billionaires didn't get to be billionaires because they like wasting money.

You don’t think their owners have spent billions either? 

You think if Abramovic sold Chelsea tomorrow he would get his money back? He will sell the club for more than he bought it but he won’t get back the few billion he put in. 

Clubs don’t make them kind of profits, they put it all back in to compete. Ego!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

You don’t think their owners have spent billions either? 

You think if Abramovic sold Chelsea tomorrow he would get his money back? He will sell the club for more than he bought it but he won’t get back the few billion he put in. 

Clubs don’t make them kind of profits, they put it all back in to compete. Ego!

They’ve spent no where near what they are worth now, and Moshiri will have spent no where near what we will be worth once the new stadium is built, to think he’s here on a ego trip is pie in the sky he’s here for the money, I dare say if there wasn’t a new stadium in the offering he wouldn’t have been interested it’s all about the money not his love 💕 for the club.

And any money bar what he has been paying for his shares which doesn’t go to the club is on a loan basis which will be returned to him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Palfy said:

They’ve spent no where near what they are worth now, and Moshiri will have spent no where near what we will be worth once the new stadium is built, to think he’s here on a ego trip is pie in the sky he’s here for the money, I dare say if there wasn’t a new stadium in the offering he wouldn’t have been interested it’s all about the money not his love 💕 for the club.

And any money bar what he has been paying for his shares which doesn’t go to the club is on a loan basis which will be returned to him 

It’s not though mate, Chelsea is worth a lot but no where near the money that has been put in by the owner. The same with City, they have put billions in but the club won’t be worth billions if they sold it. It’s dead investments, yeah they eventually turn an annual profit but the expense to get to that level flies out of the window.

These guys have that much money it’s about prestige and ego, I’ve never thought is about love for any club and they could be just any club, it’s another trophy. Not like the FA cup or champions league, but like the Hotel in Manhattan, the yacht in Monaco or the F1 team. 

Usmanov is an Arsenal fan, but he can’t be the owner so he eventually sold up. The other kid in the play ground wouldn’t sell his favourite toy to him. He actually loves that club, but if he can’t have all of it he doesn’t want any. He’s left with a bruised ego there, he’s happy to have made a profit on his shares, but then he’s not pumped any money in, but he really wanted the keys to the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, StevO said:

You don’t think their owners have spent billions either? 

You think if Abramovic sold Chelsea tomorrow he would get his money back? He will sell the club for more than he bought it but he won’t get back the few billion he put in. 

Clubs don’t make them kind of profits, they put it all back in to compete. Ego!

Abramovic paid just over 200m for Chelsea and the loan through a parent company is just over 1.1b. Club is worth way more than that.

We're not talking about profit from revenues, we're talking about increase in market cap through investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StevO said:

The same with City, they have put billions in but the club won’t be worth billions if they sold it. It’s dead investments

City literally sold a 13% stake in the club for 265m in 2015 to a Chinese consortium which valued the club then at about 3b. This is public record.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chach said:

Abramovic paid just over 200m for Chelsea and the loan through a parent company is just over 1.1b. Club is worth way more than that.

We're not talking about profit from revenues, we're talking about increase in market cap through investment.

Abromovic wipes that off on just transfers alone though. He’s runoured to have put billions into Chelsea to get them where they are. He will never get it back.... but I don’t think he cares.

He knows that he is part of Chelsea’s legacy and that’s all he cares about. He must be one of the most well known owners in world football. That’s worth billions to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to believe in rumours because Chelsea's accounts tell exactly how much he has put into the club. Which is, IIRC, just short of a billion. You can't put money into a club without it showing somewhere. Abrahimovic has loaned the club all that money on a zero percentage interest rate because giving  money outright isn'tt quite as simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Abromovic wipes that off on just transfers alone though. He’s runoured to have put billions into Chelsea to get them where they are. He will never get it back.... but I don’t think he cares.

He knows that he is part of Chelsea’s legacy and that’s all he cares about. He must be one of the most well known owners in world football. That’s worth billions to him.

The loan is the investment, that's his net contribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love us to beat them and put a huge dint in their title hopes.

Marco defended Klopp for his celebrations when others could have criticised and called for Moreno punishment ect - now Klopp has disrespected us and deserves every bit that comes his way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anfield game was a big turning point for us, after we'd played the best we'd done there for many years; hopeful we can do the same to them. 95th minute winner would have me needing to be peeled off the ceiling.

I think it was a bigger disappointment for the fans than most of the players based on the magnitude of the game,  the rivalry and what it means to the City isn'tt in the hearts of a lot of players, and until they've been here and for a while and played in a couple and get a feel for the atmosphere I don't think the foreign players quite understand that its life or death and not just another game, to be fair it's exactly the same for them I suppose.

The more local home grown players with the ability we can put in the team like Baines Davies Kenny and some of the longer serving players we have who have the understanding to know what it means, then the greater the passion and intensity and will to win will be, or is that just the domain of the fans from now on and lost on the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anfield game was a big turning point for us, after we'd played the best we'd done there for many years; hopeful we can do the same to them. 95th minute winner would have me needing to be peeled off the ceiling.

It was a huge momentum turner and I struggled with pickford after it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt his Sky interview really focused on the fans being the 12th man, team playing for the fans so get them behind you. Maybe today is a game changer for positivity going forward? Can but hope seeing as this season is going to be at the best average for our expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

 

very happy.

We got lucky today. Another day and they'd have been 2 up in the first half. Second half sub Richarlison was a good move, moved the game in our favour but the following subs left a lot wanting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We got lucky today. Another day and they'd have been 2 up in the first half. Second half sub Richarlison was a good move, moved the game in our favour but the following subs left a lot wanting. 

Really? I watched the match with a load of Liverpool supporters, and funnily enough, they didn’t see it like that.

They thought they were shit and that we scared the shit out of them. Funny how people see things so differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We got lucky today. Another day and they'd have been 2 up in the first half. Second half sub Richarlison was a good move, moved the game in our favour but the following subs left a lot wanting. 

Gomes for Schneiderlin “left a lot wanting?” I didn’t understand the Tosun sub and still think DCL might have done better with Tosun’s single opportunity, but that was the only negative I can possibly take from Silva today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

 

very happy.

I’d go a long with that Mark the last 2 games have shown a big improvement, but it has to continue before I can say I trust him. 

Without trying to be negative we should have been expected to beat Cardiff even though I thought we might lose, and I would expect players to be up for the Liverpool game if players can’t raise their game for that then there’s no hope. 

Still pleased that things are looking more positive for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

 

very happy.

He isn’t justified that doubters to be wrong just yet. Although I voice my support of him the results caused that response from fans. 2 wins doesn’t change 3 months of shit - however, he deserves credit as we appear to much more organised defsenively. Much more confident. Albeit that Morgan didn’t have his greatest game today, starting him sends a clear message that you only start if you work hard off the pitch. 

 

Keep this momentum going for the rest of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good test coming up here. 2 tricky away games and 2 tough home games. Confidence should be back after matching Liverpool. I really hope we turn a corner here and pick up a good tally of points from tricky games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2019 at 22:56, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s why the strap line is ‘ for the thinking Evertonian‘..., you have to keep thinking what fucking thread am I in?

Hahaha. True that. So many threads you're happily reading away at, then notice the title is for something totally different!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Makis said:

Jesus, that's embarrassing. Seriously, was that written by a an adult?

I think it was tongue in cheek, don’t think they actually sent it to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was an open letter so probably they didn't. But it does not look like it was written tongue in cheek. It reads more like fuming from someone who thinks he knows football better than people who are actually paid to think about tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 19:24, rubecula said:

a bit brutal imho.

Thats  a bit tame compared to this one Rubes, you and a few long standing members may have seen this before but for any new members, although it a long one its well worth a read.

 When Poojah a Grimsby Town fan, could no longer contain his anger at the team's poor performance he decided to write his feelings in an open letter and post it online.

Best moment: "Use your imagination, guys – strangle yourselves or cover yourself in tinfoil and take a fork to a nearby plug socket"

I am writing with regard to my absolute astonishment and disbelief as to the sheer magnitude of your complete lack of talent and failure to carry out the job for which you are paid to do. I am not aware of any swear word or other derogatory phrase in my current vocabulary which comes close to a description of your ‘performance’ (and I use that term loosely) this afternoon, but let me just say that you have collectively reached a level of inadequacy and ineptitude that neither I nor modern science had previously considered possible.

In fact I recall a time, in my youth, when I decided to call in sick at work and instead spent the entire day in my one bedroom flat wearing nothing but my underpants, eating toast and w**king furiously over second-rate Scandinavian porn. Yet somehow, I still managed to contribute more to my employer in that one Andrex-filled day than you complete bunch of toss-baskets have contributed to this club in your entire time here.

I would genuinely like to know how you pathetic little arsewipes sleep at night, knowing full well that you have taken my money and that of several thousand others and delivered precisely f**k all in return. I run a business myself, and I believe I could take any 4,000 of my customers at random; burn down their houses, impregnate their wives and then dismember their children before systematically sending them back in the post, limb-by-limb, and still ensure a level of customer satisfaction which exceeds that which I have experienced at Blundell Park at any time so far this season.

You are a total disgrace, not only to your profession, not only to the human race, but to nature itself. This may sound like an exaggeration, but believe me when I say that I have passed kidney stones which have brought me a greater level of pleasure and entertainment than watching each of you worthless excuses for professional footballers attempt to play a game you are clearly incapable of playing, week-in, week-out.

I considered, for a second, that I was perhaps being a little too harsh. But then I recalled that I have blindly given you all the benefit of the doubt for too long now. Yes, for too long you have failed to earn the air you’ve been breathing by offering any kind of tangible quality either as footballers or as people in general. As such, I feel it’s only fair that your supply runs out forthwith.

I trust, at this precise moment in time, that Mr Fenty is in his office tapping away on the Easyjet web site booking you all one-way flights to Zurich, complete with an overnight stay with our cheese eating friends at Dignitas. Don’t bother packing your toothbrush – you won’t need it.

In the event that our beloved chairman can’t afford the expense (understandable given that he’s soon going to have to assemble a new squad from scratch), then I am prepared to sell my family (including my unborn child) to a dubious consortium of Middle Eastern businessmen in order to pay for the flights. Christ, I’ll drive you there myself, one-by one, without sleep, if I have to.

Failing that, understanding that most dubious Middle Eastern businessmen are tied-up purchasing Premier League football clubs, I ask you to please take matters into your hands. Use your imagination, guys – strangle yourselves or cover yourself in tinfoil and take a fork to a nearby plug socket, or something. Just put yourselves and us fans out of our collective misery.

So, in summary, you pack of repugnant, sputum-filled, invertebrate b**tards; leave this club now and don’t you f**king dare look back. You’ve consistently demonstrated less passion and desire than can commonly be found within the contents of a sloth’s scrotum, so frankly you can just all f**k off – don’t pass go, don’t collect your wages, don’t ever come back to this town again.

I look forward to you serving me at my local McDonald’s drive-thru in the near future.

 Yours sincerely, A very disillusioned Mariner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill said:

Thats  a bit tame compared to this one Rubes, you and a few long standing members may have seen this before but for any new members, although it a long one its well worth a read.

 When Poojah a Grimsby Town fan, could no longer contain his anger at the team's poor performance he decided to write his feelings in an open letter and post it online.

Best moment: "Use your imagination, guys – strangle yourselves or cover yourself in tinfoil and take a fork to a nearby plug socket"

I am writing with regard to my absolute astonishment and disbelief as to the sheer magnitude of your complete lack of talent and failure to carry out the job for which you are paid to do. I am not aware of any swear word or other derogatory phrase in my current vocabulary which comes close to a description of your ‘performance’ (and I use that term loosely) this afternoon, but let me just say that you have collectively reached a level of inadequacy and ineptitude that neither I nor modern science had previously considered possible.

In fact I recall a time, in my youth, when I decided to call in sick at work and instead spent the entire day in my one bedroom flat wearing nothing but my underpants, eating toast and w**king furiously over second-rate Scandinavian porn. Yet somehow, I still managed to contribute more to my employer in that one Andrex-filled day than you complete bunch of toss-baskets have contributed to this club in your entire time here.

I would genuinely like to know how you pathetic little arsewipes sleep at night, knowing full well that you have taken my money and that of several thousand others and delivered precisely f**k all in return. I run a business myself, and I believe I could take any 4,000 of my customers at random; burn down their houses, impregnate their wives and then dismember their children before systematically sending them back in the post, limb-by-limb, and still ensure a level of customer satisfaction which exceeds that which I have experienced at Blundell Park at any time so far this season.

You are a total disgrace, not only to your profession, not only to the human race, but to nature itself. This may sound like an exaggeration, but believe me when I say that I have passed kidney stones which have brought me a greater level of pleasure and entertainment than watching each of you worthless excuses for professional footballers attempt to play a game you are clearly incapable of playing, week-in, week-out.

I considered, for a second, that I was perhaps being a little too harsh. But then I recalled that I have blindly given you all the benefit of the doubt for too long now. Yes, for too long you have failed to earn the air you’ve been breathing by offering any kind of tangible quality either as footballers or as people in general. As such, I feel it’s only fair that your supply runs out forthwith.

I trust, at this precise moment in time, that Mr Fenty is in his office tapping away on the Easyjet web site booking you all one-way flights to Zurich, complete with an overnight stay with our cheese eating friends at Dignitas. Don’t bother packing your toothbrush – you won’t need it.

In the event that our beloved chairman can’t afford the expense (understandable given that he’s soon going to have to assemble a new squad from scratch), then I am prepared to sell my family (including my unborn child) to a dubious consortium of Middle Eastern businessmen in order to pay for the flights. Christ, I’ll drive you there myself, one-by one, without sleep, if I have to.

Failing that, understanding that most dubious Middle Eastern businessmen are tied-up purchasing Premier League football clubs, I ask you to please take matters into your hands. Use your imagination, guys – strangle yourselves or cover yourself in tinfoil and take a fork to a nearby plug socket, or something. Just put yourselves and us fans out of our collective misery.

So, in summary, you pack of repugnant, sputum-filled, invertebrate b**tards; leave this club now and don’t you f**king dare look back. You’ve consistently demonstrated less passion and desire than can commonly be found within the contents of a sloth’s scrotum, so frankly you can just all f**k off – don’t pass go, don’t collect your wages, don’t ever come back to this town again.

I look forward to you serving me at my local McDonald’s drive-thru in the near future.

 Yours sincerely, A very disillusioned Mariner

kinell that had me crying with laughter,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rubecula said:

kinell that had me crying with laughter,

Went absolutely mental on the 'web that, the forum he posted it on was absolutely flooded with people from other clubs patting the guy on the back, very funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Went absolutely mental on the 'web that, the forum he posted it on was absolutely flooded with people from other clubs patting the guy on the back, very funny.

I am not surprised lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserves credit for today. Second half is how I envision he wants us playing. Challenge is for him to build the consistency and get us playing that style of football for 90 mins. Given there’s not a lot for us to play for bar pride whilst Chelsea are chasing champs league makes the result all the more impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Btay said:

Deserves credit for today. Second half is how I envision he wants us playing. Challenge is for him to build the consistency and get us playing that style of football for 90 mins. Given there’s not a lot for us to play for bar pride whilst Chelsea are chasing champs league makes the result all the more impressive. 

Care to expand as I can't see what the manager done to change the game. How I saw it was Gomes went on a romp up field, we won a couple of corners, scored, and then Chelsea imploded much like we did at Newcastle last week. Imo we won thanks to Sarri being out of favour and him panicking taking off Barkley and Higuain. 

Without that moment from Gomes I fear that could've been another performance on par with Spurs (worst home game I can think of, although I did miss Leicester this new years). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Care to expand as I can't see what the manager done to change the game. How I saw it was Gomes went on a romp up field, we won a couple of corners, scored, and then Chelsea imploded much like we did at Newcastle last week. Imo we won thanks to Sarri being out of favour and him panicking taking off Barkley and Higuain. 

Without that moment from Gomes I fear that could've been another performance on par with Spurs (worst home game I can think of, although I did miss Leicester this new years). 

Came out a different team, players have indicated he tore into them at half time and got the response he needed. Made good subs. Job done Marco 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was definitely a game of contrasting halves, if a the 2nd half was the result of him firing some fucks into them then it's long overdue, he needs to be hard and forceful more often and hopefully they will learn the message and it will become second nature to them.

I was discussing this in the Mina thread that we were weak as a team due to weak management it would seem Silva grew some Sunday and they reacted in a positive way and showed the fight he had in the dressing room on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without the collapse at Newcastle, lets not go into the reasons again,  we would have been in a good place right now with 3 wins out of 4 and a draw against Liverpool.

If we can beat West Ham though, things will be looking up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...