IGNORED

Che Adams

Watched him a few times. He’s a Beckford.  I can’t see a premier team coming in for him. He’s been on a purple run, but I haven’t witnessed any premier league quality’s in him.

Sounds harsh I guess, but I just haven’t been impressed. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watched him a few times. He’s a Beckford.  I can’t see a premier team coming in for him. He’s been on a purple run, but I haven’t witnessed any premier league quality’s in him.

Sounds harsh I guess, but I just haven’t been impressed. 

Was weirdly about to make the same comparison!

40 minutes ago, rubecula said:

does he score goals?

can he hold the ball up? 

have we any body who can do this?  

he would do for at least a stopgap  don't you think?

There is a massive gap between the Championship and Premier League.

How many goals would DCL / Tosun score in the Championship? 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There is a massive gap between the Championship and Premier League.

How many goals would DCL / Tosun score in the Championship? 

I know there is a difference between the prem and the champs  more so between the prem and none league wonder we=here Vaedy came to Leicester from/.  I have no idea how many goals would be scored

10 hours ago, rubecula said:

I know there is a difference between the prem and the champs  more so between the prem and none league wonder we=here Vaedy came to Leicester from/.  I have no idea how many goals would be scored

Vardy is a great example of the fact that anything is possible however there are many others for a reason. The truth is if Vardy was at a club which needed him to hold the ball up then he wouldnt have got a game. Leicester at that time were perfect for him. Now that they are trying to change the way they play he isnt a guarenteed starter anymore. The other point is that Vardy had only played at a lower level but had scored at almost a goal a game in those leagues. 

Adams isnt someone who has just burst onto the scene. He has been around the block enough to have done this before but it just happens to be that this season has worked out for him. I dont know if you saw his 2 goals yesterday but he just simply wouldnt score those in the premier league. The defending for the first was shocking and the keeping for the second was u14 level.

Been enjoying a warm weather midwinter break away from the forum... As @markjazzbassist says, very happy at this rumour! Exactly where we should be investing, young talent with bags of potential to get better.

As for the 'it's only the Championship' naysayers... I saw him score twice off the bench against Spurs in the League Cup when Sheff Utd were still in League 1 and he was about 19. He terrified the Spurs defence, fast, direct and clinical in front of goal. 

On 24/02/2019 at 10:21, Bailey said:

Vardy is a great example of the fact that anything is possible however there are many others for a reason. The truth is if Vardy was at a club which needed him to hold the ball up then he wouldnt have got a game. Leicester at that time were perfect for him. Now that they are trying to change the way they play he isnt a guarenteed starter anymore. The other point is that Vardy had only played at a lower level but had scored at almost a goal a game in those leagues. 

Adams isnt someone who has just burst onto the scene. He has been around the block enough to have done this before but it just happens to be that this season has worked out for him. I dont know if you saw his 2 goals yesterday but he just simply wouldnt score those in the premier league. The defending for the first was shocking and the keeping for the second was u14 level.

ok

• 4 months later...

Guess that makes one of Austin or Long surplus or they're about to lose Ings. Wouldn't mind Long here as back up to DCL, he's got good movement but doesn't score enough to be first choice. Don't like Austin but I guess he'd still be an upgrade on Tosun. Shame Ings is a kopite and a bit of a nob, could've been a decent option here. 

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I don't have  a problem with Che Adams coming in. Would have much preferred him over Maupy last season.  He actually has some decent attributes, with pace being one and battling qualities another. Can see him costing the earth fee or wages wise.  I would swap him for Grey in our squad - that might work out fairly cost neutral, or not massively different.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Would love Sulemana, absolutely rapid with game changing attributes.   Needs to be coached and get some discipline. Apparently he destroyed Liverpool in last game of the season. 

I get that and developing Chermiti but we need signings to come straight in and play so we get a good start. Young and hopefully Danjuma can do that. And a striker would be nice.