IGNORED

The Kit Supplier Thread

EVERTON FC kit supplier if Umbro contract runs out after 2018-19 season  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who will be EVERTON FC kit supplier for 2019-2020 season?

• Keep Umbro
    • Kappa
    • Joma
    • Asics
    • Nike
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Hummel

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Parents buy what their kids want for them. A kid is far more likely to want Nike and Adidas than Umbro, and you know it. If my mum had bought me something I didn't like when I was a kid then I wouldn't have put it on. Simple.

I always like what i liked as a kid, brands meant nothing to me then and still don’t now. Plus, I got given what I got given.  Purely depends on the kid I guess. 

Haha walk through Liverpool One and tell me brand loyalty is dead!! The kids in Liverpool (probably our immediate target audience for merchandise) are wearing nothing but brands. By kids I’m talking teenagers here.

On a hot summers day you’ll still see kids out in £600 winter coats, it’s all about brands to them. 

I know fellas in Liverpool who can barely cover their rent from their salary but they are wearing Kenzo jumpers and McQueen trainers to the match at the weekend. 

• 1 month later...

We’ve been doing great commercially lately I’m baffled how we are leaving it so late for the kit again. It’s like the bad old days. We should be wearing it for the last game and should be launched for the summer so the kids can actually wear it when it’s warm. I’m gonna look at West Ham’s site see if their kit has been leaked then visualise ours 

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We’ve been doing great commercially lately I’m baffled how we are leaving it so late for the kit again. It’s like the bad old days. We should be wearing it for the last game and should be launched for the summer so the kids can actually wear it when it’s warm. I’m gonna look at West Ham’s site see if their kit has been leaked then visualise ours 

It’s probably due to us only recently renewing the contract with Umbro. 

Shame we didn’t have the new kit on Friday night and pre orders available too. 

18 hours ago, badaids said:

Bukta or Spalding kit please.  And Hi-tec Silver Shadow official trainers please.

You can joke, but we've worn Bukta in the past...

"Everton had tended get their kit, sometimes Bukta-made, supplied via Jack Sharp Sports until Umbro came on the scene just in time for the championship success of 1962/63."

....and Umbro's founder worked for them before setting up with his "bro" (clever eh?)...

"With its links to the textiles trade, the Manchester region already dominated the fledgling sportswear industry through Stockport's Messrs Bucks. It was whilst working as a travelling salesman for the company, eventually better known as Bukta, that Harold had an insight into the clothing and sports supplies business. In 1922 he started his own cottage industry out of a cupboard at the Bulls Head, importing clothing items from Manchester for resale to neighbours, this trade soon focussed on sports supplies for the moneyed Cheshire-set.

By 1924, 22 year-old Harold took the plunge and, with brother Wallace, formed Humphreys Brothers Ltd. (abbreviated to Umbro) on Green Lane in Wilmslow."

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/comment/editorial/28121.html

On 04/05/2019 at 11:03, Matt said:

No leaks yet, but it’s confirmed that Umbro is the manufacturer again, so I’m quite happy. 

This year's home shirt is my favorite since 08-09. Absolutely loved this one and will miss it. I have faith in Umbro to produce another good one. They've done a good to great job these last 5 years. 

25 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This year's home shirt is my favorite since 08-09. Absolutely loved this one and will miss it. I have faith in Umbro to produce another good one. They've done a good to great job these last 5 years. 

2014/15 is the one for me, favour of all time. Maybe because it reminded me of the 1995 FA Cup final shirt, without the full collar. 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I just the fact the kids ones look shite without the sponser on. They should put angry birds or something in its place 

That’s a really good idea, I always wondered when we had Chang why they didn’t put Chang Soda on the shirts like the youth team had. Angry Birds would be a great one on the kids shirt instead of on the arm.