IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

I'd be happy with a draw, obviously would love a win but think taking any points from the shite would be nice and keep the momentum.  Give Richarlison a rest and have him come on as an impact sub.  Start Lookman and Bernard since they will defend and work hard and help with link up play.  Keep DCL up top.

Pickford

Coleman   Keane   Zouma  Digne

Gana    Gomes

Lookman        Gylfi         Bernard

DCL

Pickford

Coleman   Jags   Zouma  Digne

Gana   Schneiderlin

Bernard        Gylfi         Richarlison

DCL

I was reading about Uniteds game plan and ole was saying they struggle if they can’t counter attack and haven’t got a playmaker so they just rely on that way of playing and if they don’t go ahead early they struggle which I tend to agree with that. Don’t know if jags can play two matches in a week after so long out but you can’t argue with a clean sheet away from home. I’ve been an advocate of playing one holding midfielder for a while 

coleman       Jags/Zouma Keane.   Digne

Gana

bernard     Gomes   Gilfi     Charly 

Dcl 

20 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Alexander-Arnold is destroying Watford right now.  Will need to prevent him from having the space to just pick out balls into the box.

Salah and Arnold are able to double team the left back. Liverpool are playing very very well against Watford.

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I was reading about Uniteds game plan and ole was saying they struggle if they can’t counter attack and haven’t got a playmaker so they just rely on that way of playing and if they don’t go ahead early they struggle which I tend to agree with that. Don’t know if jags can play two matches in a week after so long out but you can’t argue with a clean sheet away from home. I’ve been an advocate of playing one holding midfielder for a while 

coleman       Jags/Zouma Keane.   Digne

Gana

bernard     Gomes   Gilfi     Charly 

Dcl 

Its definitely the best way to play against them. Their most creative player is probably Shaqiri and he barely starts. Firminho is probably the most difficult to deal with and will cause problems for a deep defence but Mane and Salah need space and then the midfield is full of workers who will cause problems in the transition but shouldnt do against deep banks of defenders. 

From our point of view, our success will come down to how well we counter attack them. West Ham and United showed that they can be vulnerable in that way. I doubt we will get that many chances but we should create some high quality chances and then it comes down to whether the player on the ball can put it in the net or find a teammate in front of goal.

Torn between Gomes or Morgan.

Cant drop Gylfi after scoring 2 but I think a compact 3 man midfield is our best bet.

If we can lock down the left side Alexander-Arnold will leave space behind is that’s the channel DCL needs to run.

morgan      Gylfi       Gana 

bernard                       Richarlison 

DCL

I really don't care what happens to Liverpool, I only care about us putting in a good performance and getting 1 or hopefully 3 points. 

My Wife brother, and dad, all Pool fans, will give me abuse if they win and if they win the title, but to be honest if they win the league then they deserve it.

I only care about us progressing and challenging them in a few years time.

20 hours ago, London Blue said:

I really don't care what happens to Liverpool, I only care about us putting in a good performance and getting 1 or hopefully 3 points. 

My Wife brother, and dad, all Pool fans, will give me abuse if they win and if they win the title, but to be honest if they win the league then they deserve it.

I only care about us progressing and challenging them in a few years time.

I hate them and want them to suffer.

8 minutes ago, London Blue said:

There are very few people or things I hate, I mean really hate not just dislike. Its a destructive emotion for all parties.

I want us to be the best, if we do that it does not matter what others do.

I don’t hate them or dislike them to be honest I don’t acknowledge them but then I don’t live in Liverpool so that’s easy to do. 

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

With a brother, father and Mrs as Reds and my father in law, son (not that he knows too much about it yet being 8 months) and me are Blues, the if I hated the RS it would make for some very awkward weekends!!

Plus the banter is good.

I can imagine the banter is good hopefully your have the upper hand come Sunday, if not don’t let them in the house and change your phone number. 

I'm moving house this weekend and brother is helping, we are stopping to watch the match!!

I have already dubbed it the "Miracle of Goodison" so if we win  its the spirit of the team, and a great step in our transition to challenge.

If we draw then its a its the spirit of the team, and a good step in our transition to challenge.

If we lose then , well it was always a long shot and we so nearly pulled it off, we are still a team in transition.

16 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I'm moving house this weekend and brother is helping, we are stopping to watch the match!!

Match aside I feel for you, moving house is about the most stressful thing ever; doing it over a derby game is heart attack territory. If you don't come back I'll lead the eulogies :unsure:.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I don’t hate them or dislike them to be honest I don’t acknowledge them but then I don’t live in Liverpool so that’s easy to do. 

Me neither , I absolutely despise everything about them.

I live amongst them and I’m sorry to say I have close family who ‘support them’ including my wife and farther. I want to win first and foremost for Everton but anything that derails their hopes of winning the title is an added bonus 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No body seems to want Davies in the team for me he's one of us home grown he gets what these games are about I'd have him into lead by example.

Don't mind the idea, just not sure on structure.  Don't think he deserved dropping, but Morgan doesn't either.  Think we probably need to sit back a bit in this one.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Match aside I feel for you, moving house is about the most stressful thing ever; doing it over a derby game is heart attack territory. If you don't come back I'll lead the eulogies :unsure:.

Supporting Everton is one of the most stressful things ever.

I feel more sorry that he has to stop to watch the match! Moving house is like a fresh breeze after watching us haha.

I hate them. I hate derby day in the pubs when they all come out of the woodwork, half of them have never seen Anfield. Summed it up for me the other week in Wetherspoons. There was a guy with a classic retro red shite shirt on half an hour before the match. Thought wonder where’s  he gonna go to watch them as whetherspoons doesn’t put the prem on. He just sat there and never went to another pub to watch it!! If we somehow managed to beat them tommorow it’s double bubble to see their faces