IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

Good derby that. I thought we really took it to them and just that little bit more luck would have got all 3 points.

Gana stepped up 2nd half. Richarlison made a big difference. Bernard never stopped, nor did Sigi or DCL.

Plenty to build on there. 2 clean sheets on the bounce...when was the last Time?!

And the Goodison faithful sounded immense.

COYB.

Proud of all of them today, a few shakey moments but that was for both teams. 

DCL ran his heart out today, it was a really mature performance for him up front, caused havoc and made VVD uncomfortable all throughout. 

Richarlison looked good and causes problems too, wouldn't mind him taking that spot on the right because Walcott has done nothing all season. 

Just now, nyblue23 said:

VVD really was immense. He is by far the best defender in the league, and has to be in the conversation for most important player overall. Wish we had gotten him when we were rumored to be in for him.

He really was. 

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Proud of all of them today, a few shakey moments but that was for both teams. 

DCL ran his heart out today, it was a really mature performance for him up front, caused havoc and made VVD uncomfortable all throughout. 

Richarlison looked good and causes problems too, wouldn't mind him taking that spot on the right because Walcott has done nothing all season. 

Entirely

surely it has to be Bernard left and Charley right

That was a much better second half but lets just say that its lucky I dont have a cat to kick.

We played with a bit more quality, we took a little bit more risk and Richarlison made a massive difference on the right. Its a point I am happy with for both how it affects us and Liverpool but it felt like they were there for the taking in that second half. Saying that they had some good chances we scrambled away. Big effort from everyone in the shirt though.

Pickford - Great save but his kicking was crap and he should have been out to collect one of the deep balls into the box. It is definitely becoming more rooted to his line.

Digne - I thought he was crap. He made 2 crucial clearances (one of which I think was his fault anyway) but he was weak, his passing was shite, he yet again was trying to break forward when we dont have control of the ball.

Zouma - Played very well in the first half, but he got a bit scatty in the second. He needs someone to manage him through the game more.

Keane - Was the opposite of Zouma in that he got better as the game went on, with one crucial tackle. He made a customary fuck up later in the game but fortunately for him he was able to recover.

Coleman - Definitely seems sharper since the break. Quality on the ball is still hit and miss but he defended really well.

Schneiderlin seemed back to his usual self. At one stage early in the second half he played really well, he was making a difference in their half and showing quality on the ball but then he gave a shit ball away and shat himself after that. He just stopped altogether. Maybe its fatigue but that drives me insane.

Gueye went about his business as usual. OK on the ball, he did get more negative but defensively he got better.

Siggy was the only one who was going to do something. He never stopped and he showed quality all the time. I have no idea why he didnt take that late free kick, he has to demand the ball in those situations. My MOTM.

Bernard had a couple of moments but he wasnt anywhere near involved enough and when he was he largely gave the ball back to Liverpool.

Walcott was poor. He did get himself into some good positions but it means nothing when you are as timid as he is.

DCL was excellent. Always going and the most important thing was that he showed quality with his touches and passing. He ran himself into the ground and needed to come off when he did.

Richarlison showed Walcott how it was done and he was a constant threat. He linked well with Coleman too. He was a big reason as to why we started to get up the pitch and threaten. Robertson was scared of him.

Gomes came on and showed his class. He even brushed VVD aside for the Cenk chance.

Cenk didnt really have a lot to go on but he worked hard and the one chance he had just showed that he lacks that half a yard.

Hopefully these last two performances are the start of a better end to the season.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Klopp is a bottler. They could have played a ball player in the middle and been ok. 

Your right I thought he should have brought Shiqiri on I’m happy he didn’t he would have given us a bigger problem than Milner. 

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

Freya got you Mike!

Hate it that we're giving storms names now:mad:. Having said that it was serious stuff, driving home earlier into the wind I only got 40mpg on the motorway for a trip I'd normally expect 60 from, Freya costing me money as well as risking heart failure.