IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

Man this has been poor after a promising start. Can’t keep hold of possession, can’t create anything, clumsy careless tackles. Worst thing about watching Everton these days is how boring it is. We don’t make any chances and I can never work out where a goal is going to come from. There’s just no self belief about this team. 

Not a bad performance first half.

Think Gana is really struggling. Maybe get Gomes on. We need something different in the middle.

Not overly impressed with Walcott. Give Richarlison a go.

DCL doing all he can but we are missing a bit of quality in the middle.

COYB.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

i think we are doing well.  in the game and not being outplayed we just need a litte more in the middle of the park.  i'd pull off schneiderlin for gomes or pull walcott for richarlison

I'd go with that, always worth remembering that Liverpool will have to go for it at some point if they want to win and they NEED to win.

BBC are saying that walcott had 28% pass completion in that half.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think we are doing well.  in the game and not being outplayed we just need a litte more in the middle of the park.  i'd pull off schneiderlin for gomes or pull walcott for richarlison

This for me.

DCL is battling well uptop for me, might not win against VVD but we are getting second balls as he can’t clear comfortably.

Gomes on, give Walcott 10 then bring richarlison on. Bernard is playing well, covering a lot of ground.

We're frustrating them but we're not threatening to hurt them either. Constantly chafing the ball and closing down is taking a lot of energy. At this rate we'll run out of steam before they do.

Pickfords distribution need to be better, far too many going straight out of bounds or in winnable.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

This for me.

DCL is battling well uptop for me, might not win against VVD but we are getting second balls as he can’t clear comfortably.

Gomes on, give Walcott 10 then bring richarlison on. Bernard is playing well, covering a lot of ground.

yeah bernard is doing really well, i would like to see him start more

The positive is that it is 0-0 and we have been pretty solid defensively. Digne has been the weakest link against Salah. Twisted in and out from the throw in and then he was getting forward way too early yet again for the big chance. 

In terms of going forward we have been terrible. We are suffering from the same lack of quality as we did against Cardiff. Zouma is trying to play through the lines and Siggy is doing what he can to take the game to Liverpool. DCL has shown loads of heart with some quality too but he is almost always working on shit ball. Digne, Keane, Schneiderlin, Walcott and Bernard have all been terrible when the ball comes near them whether it be their touch, the anticipation, their passing or their bottle. Gana and Coleman have had mixed success, the latter trying to get us forward and the former playing some nice passes early before becoming more negative as the half has gone on. Too often Schneiderlin and Gana are parallel to each other when we have the ball, then the ball is going back to the CBs or Pickford who are lumping it long. They both look scared to take the ball, or to find space for the ball.

This then takes me onto Walcott, who deserves a special mention for his lack of bottle. Weak, timid, playing for himself and not his teammates. Even his one good piece of play when he got goal side of Robertson, you could see he was shitting himself and looking to get the shot off as soon as possible rather than being clinical. On that point, I would stick Richarlison up against Robertson and get him to use his strength against him.

Just now, Elston Gunnn said:

Can Bernard play on the right?  If yes, Richarlison on for Walcott by 60’ at latest.  Ditto for Gomes subbing Schneiderlin.

Might see no changes, if Silva hopes for 0-0 and rejects any changes until it’s 0-1 or 1-0.

The talent differential is obvious, all over the pitch.

You mean how liverpool can go more than 3 passes without losing the ball? I noticed that!

Not to be negative, but I don't know how that half could be considered a success unless the game plan is to scrap out a 0-0 draw just for the pleasure of dropping them points? Can't win games if you don't create chances, can't create chances if you can't pass the ball or lose it every 5 seconds. Frustrating!

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

... the draws no good to them, let them make changes first then counterattack there move they will start chasing the win, let’s just keep our heads were in this. 

This is a good point.  They must be desperate not to fall behind City.  Still, based on the first half,  there’s no reason for them to feel desperate.