IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Sunday March 17th

markjazzbassist

I fully expect us to get smoked again.  Could be 3 or 4 to nil. I think Silva has lost it and the players aren’t up for a big match like this.

Pickford

Coleman keane zouma digne

Gana gomes

Richarlison    Gylfi   Bernard

Dcl

Come on Mark after Liverpool you said- “Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

I’d be tempted to drop Pickford tbh. 

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Mina Digne 

Schneiderlin 

Walcott Davies Gomes Bernard 

DCL

Coleman for his experience. Walcott for his pace. If we're playing counter attacking football drop Sigurdssen as he doesn't suit and bring in an extra centre midfielder to try and get hold of the ball in the middle and spread it to the wings. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Come on Mark after Liverpool you said- “Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

I’d be tempted to drop Pickford tbh. 

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room, I don’t think  he is able to put forth tactics for each match, seems like if he really goes all out (Liverpool) he gets it, then next week switches off (the subs ruined the Newcastle match when victory was in hand, we were running riot).

i mean to say the players aren’t up for this match after the Newcastle thrashing.  More about them being soft and their character, I don’t think the dressing room is lost.  They got up for the Liverpool game  but when they went 2-1 they fell apart against a championship side in Newcastle.  Neither Marco nor the players showed they have what it takes to hold that victory or even a draw.  Chelsea is a machine and they have so much skill they will run rampart through our defense and know Pickford is a loose cannon and will be after him.  All the positivity of derby was destroyed by that shithouse Newcastle performance and we don’t get a Cardiff to make things right we get a hungry Chelsea side trying not to end up an also ran.  Sarri coaching for his career I just see their manager and players being up for it and ours languishing in 11th place seeing a skilled side come to town sadly I think we will wilt.

you know me I’ve backed Silva since this week but I’m sorry that Newcastle was so demoralizing and the subs and way the game changed it was pathetic.  I just feel it in my bones that Brands will not be ok with 11th place and getting players like Richarlison digne Gomes etc and seeing his manager bottom half.  

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room, I don’t think  he is able to put forth tactics for each match, seems like if he really goes all out (Liverpool) he gets it, then next week switches off (the subs ruined the Newcastle match when victory was in hand, we were running riot).

i mean to say the players aren’t up for this match after the Newcastle thrashing.  More about them being soft and their character, I don’t think the dressing room is lost.  They got up for the Liverpool game  but when they went 2-1 they fell apart against a championship side in Newcastle.  Neither Marco nor the players showed they have what it takes to hold that victory or even a draw.  Chelsea is a machine and they have so much skill they will run rampart through our defense and know Pickford is a loose cannon and will be after him.  All the positivity of derby was destroyed by that shithouse Newcastle performance and we don’t get a Cardiff to make things right we get a hungry Chelsea side trying not to end up an also ran.  Sarri coaching for his career I just see their manager and players being up for it and ours languishing in 11th place seeing a skilled side come to town sadly I think we will wilt.

you know me I’ve backed Silva since this week but I’m sorry that Newcastle was so demoralizing and the subs and way the game changed it was pathetic.  I just feel it in my bones that Brands will not be ok with 11th place and getting players like Richarlison digne Gomes etc and seeing his manager bottom half.  

Honestly for us to come out and be 0-2 at half time says to me Marco got it spot on.

Pickford putting his ego first against the crowd over our team is what cost us in my opinion. 2 mistakes that show a clear lack of concentration.

I actually have no issue with the Mina sub to try and shore things up. If he brings on another striker and we concede he gets slammed for getting it wrong. 

10 hours ago, Btay said:

Honestly for us to come out and be 0-2 at half time says to me Marco got it spot on.

Pickford putting his ego first against the crowd over our team is what cost us in my opinion. 2 mistakes that show a clear lack of concentration.

I actually have no issue with the Mina sub to try and shore things up. If he brings on another striker and we concede he gets slammed for getting it wrong. 

The sub should have come a lot earlier. Start of the second half we couldn't get a foothold in the game and their goal was only a matter of time. We needed a midfielder on, someone like Davies to come on and keep hold of the ball in their half, slow the tempo and try and control the game. At two nil you either keep possession or let them have it and hold your shape, we did neither and Silva just sat and watched us implode. 

Newcastle had only scored 3 in a game once before us this season and that was against Cardiff. They don't create much, they shouldn't be getting 3 chances against us to force the keeper into mistakes. The midfield and defence should be embarrassed more than the keeper. But the most embarrassing thing was the manager, failed to see the obvious and then failed to take responsibility. Blaming the players and ref for not getting a third to kill it off. You shouldn't need 3 goals to win a game and in the previous 365 matches we'd only lost one after leading 2 nil at half time. Absolutely sick of his we played well half a game bollocks as well, or in this case he claims 60 but I doubt any other person would say we looked comfortable those first 15 minutes of the second half. He's another fraud, blinder than Martinez and more clueless than Koeman and we paid an extra £4m compensation for the privilege. 

Stek

Coleman Keane Jags (if fit) Digne 

Gomes Gana

Richy Siggy Bernard 

DCL

Get that idiot in goal dropped, thinking he can act the big man and concede 3. You're not good enough to act like that mate. Pathetic. 

If we don't concede at least 3 goals against Chelsea with Mina at CB i'd be elated. Was he signed under Brands or Walsh? I can't seem to remember... 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

The sub should have come a lot earlier. Start of the second half we couldn't get a foothold in the game and their goal was only a matter of time. We needed a midfielder on, someone like Davies to come on and keep hold of the ball in their half, slow the tempo and try and control the game. At two nil you either keep possession or let them have it and hold your shape, we did neither and Silva just sat and watched us implode. 

Newcastle had only scored 3 in a game once before us this season and that was against Cardiff. They don't create much, they shouldn't be getting 3 chances against us to force the keeper into mistakes. The midfield and defence should be embarrassed more than the keeper. But the most embarrassing thing was the manager, failed to see the obvious and then failed to take responsibility. Blaming the players and ref for not getting a third to kill it off. You shouldn't need 3 goals to win a game and in the previous 365 matches we'd only lost one after leading 2 nil at half time. Absolutely sick of his we played well half a game bollocks as well, or in this case he claims 60 but I doubt any other person would say we looked comfortable those first 15 minutes of the second half. He's another fraud, blinder than Martinez and more clueless than Koeman and we paid an extra £4m compensation for the privilege. 

They have scored 2 in their last 3 or so home games before us. Including a 2-1 over man city so I don’t think they are as toothless as you make out.

13 hours ago, Aidan said:

Stek

Coleman Keane Jags (if fit) Digne 

Gomes Gana

Richy Siggy Bernard 

DCL

Get that idiot in goal dropped, thinking he can act the big man and concede 3. You're not good enough to act like that mate. Pathetic. 

If we don't concede at least 3 goals against Chelsea with Mina at CB i'd be elated. Was he signed under Brands or Walsh? I can't seem to remember... 

stek in goal is a bold move, would be a big message to pickford.  i'm not sure marco has that in him.

33 minutes ago, Btay said:

Also tells the boys leading the prem 2 that their performances are being noted.

Exactly. If the kid took Jordans spot, others would be looking at the u23s for their potential replacement too and might motivate some of them to do better...

9 hours ago, Btay said:

They have scored 2 in their last 3 or so home games before us. Including a 2-1 over man city so I don’t think they are as toothless as you make out.

Against City they only had two shots on target and one of them was a pen. Point is, before last weekend they'd only managed 3 once all season and now we're in the same piss poor company as Cardiff. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

stek in goal is a bold move, would be a big message to pickford.  i'm not sure marco has that in him.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

If he wants to send a message to Pickford, putting Virginia in would send a clearer message - there’s a young player who is pushing. 

Anyone but pickford, just to bring him back down to earth. Even if it's just for a game, a la Kepa for Chelsea. 

On 11/03/2019 at 17:10, pete0 said:

I agree with the first bit. The subs were all wrong. I hate seeing an extra CB,it should always be for a midfielder, and like you say, sit in your shape and pick them off. The problem is we didnt have a shape all game, we were soft in midfield and even in the first half they had big moments. 

United are a good example. They pull it off because they have enough quality to launch instant and direct counter attacks but we have that pace up front and we have the passers in Gomes and Gylfi but there are gaps all over the place. 

There are points about the 2nd paragraph I do agree with but as I said before the game, Newcastle shouldnt be underrated. They create good chances, not loads, but they should score more than they do, probably because they dont have the most quality. I have watched them a few times this year and they are a good side. They defend well and they create good chances and opportunities. Its just typical that we handed the chances to them on a plate and they took the opportunity to finish them.

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

Let's see who will keep Hazard quiet automatically you would think that would be Gana's role being as is stats for that role are best in the league

And he’s done it before remember when in the after match presser he was being interviews and David luiz was behind him joking “where is hazard? Eden where are you” and Gana had a laugh.  Probably missed that match though I’m guessing.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

And he’s done it before remember when in the after match presser he was being interviews and David luiz was behind him joking “where is hazard? Eden where are you” and Gana had a laugh.  Probably missed that match though I’m guessing.

No I did watch that game memories not as good as it used to be.

Wolves have just scored.

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wasn't Gana at fault for losing Hazard in that match for the goal? Harassed him all game but I'm sure Hazard won't mind playing against him again as he knows he'll get that opportunity to create/get a goal. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Wasn't Gana at fault for losing Hazard in that match for the goal? Harassed him all game but I'm sure Hazard won't mind playing against him again as he knows he'll get that opportunity to create/get a goal. 

Pretty hard to not lose hazard at some point Pete 

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

I think your right Gana never gave him a minutes peace Hazard was trying to be the play maker and started in a more central role and Gana hassled him constantly forcing him back and wide, and then Hazard gives him the slip and they score, oh well shit happens.