• Michael Keane
    • Lucas Digne
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • André Gomes
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Richarlison
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Bernard Duarte

Current player of the season positions....
Lucas Digne...96
André Gomes...91
Jordan Pickford...91
Richarlison...89
Gylfi Sigurðsson...69
Idrissa Gana Gueye...68
Michael Keane...45
Kurt Zouma...45
Tom Davies...39
Bernard Duarte...28
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...24
Jonjoe Kenny...22
Leighton Baines...20
Ademola Lookman...18
Theo Walcott...10
Seamus Coleman...8
Jonjoe Kenny...9
Yerry Mina...5
Cenk Tosun...2
Mason Holgate...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Newcastle (A)...Bad dream, it never really happened
Liverpool (H)...Michael Keane
Watford (A)...Tom Davies
Manchester City (H)...Tom Davies
Wolves (H)...Jonjoe Kenny
Huddersfield (A)...Jordan Pickford
Millwall (A)...Seamus Coleman
Southampton (A)...Jordan Pickford
Lincoln City (H)...Leighton Baines
Leicester (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Brighton (A)...Michael Keane
Burnley (A)...Lucas Digne
Tottenham (H)...Lucas Digne
Manchester City (A)...Ademola Lookman
Watford (H)...Lucas Digne
Newcastle (H)...André Gomes
Liverpool (A)...André Gomes
Cardiff (H)...André Gomes
Chelsea (A)...Jordan Pickford
Brighton (H)...Richarlison
Manchester United (A)...Jordan Pickford
Crystal Palace (H)...Jordan Pickford
Leicester City (A)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Southampton (H-LC)...Bernard Duarte
Fulham (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Arsenal (A)...Richarlison
West Ham (H)...Lucas Digne 
Huddersfield (H)...Kurt Zouma
Rotherham (H)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Bournemouth (A)...Michael Keane
Southampton (H)...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Wolves (A)...Richarlison

Tough one. Pickford, mina, Coleman, richarlison for the 2nd half, DCL. But Gana for me.

We needed players to get stuck in and they followed his lead.

All this bullshit about marking space, jockying players and not running to the ball..... we did that all first half and should have been 3 down.   As Tim Cahill said.... second half players were getting at the ball. Making challenges and Gana set that tone. 

Might be a bit out there, but I’m going for Keane today.

A professional performance from him. Made it very simple. Just did a defenders job, and it worked. 

Also going to say I was impressed with Mina. Not rated him at all, but today he looked a good player, and he was also a threat up top.

DCL continues to learn. Few duh moments, coupled with moments of brilliance. Best part was his hold up play. Cheating the ball, dropping to the floor and coming or with it.... just what we need when under pressure.

Maybe a nod to Marco? Whatever he said at half time, completely turned the team around.

Went for Gomes. He was the only one to take the game by the scruff of the neck carrying the ball forward 40 yards battling off three or four Chelsea players and then had shot which led to the crowd picking up the atmosphere and sucking the ball into the net from the resulting corners. That moment changed a very poor game in which the majority of his teammates were scared of the ball. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Went for Gomes. He was the only one to take the game by the scruff of the neck carrying the ball forward 40 yards battling off three or four Chelsea players and then had shot which led to the crowd picking up the atmosphere and sucking the ball into the net from the resulting corners. That moment changed a very poor game in which the majority of his teammates were scared of the ball. 

I do like moments like that where a player shows strength and determination.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

DCL We could have a good player here, improving with every game. How well he played as a lone ranger, certainly let the big defenders know what he was all about and was a good out ball, Chesting and heading to hold the ball up.  Mention for Gana And Keane but DCL definitely earned his wages today, well done.

Two games and he's caused havoc for Liverpools and Chelseas defence. Not an easy task, even if he doesn't always get on the score sheet at least he's starting to worry centre halfs.

I have noticed recently he's started to use his chest a lot more. I don't know if this is because of how isolated he can be or what, but he's added something to his game which IMO is invaluable. Fellaini used to do it for us and was unbelievable, if he can get to his level with his chest control we will have a real player on our hands! 

59 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do like moments like that where a player shows strength and determination.

It was a weird one, wasn't even that great a shot but the crowd were desperate for something and he was the first one to deliver. But unlike our manager I know football is all about small moments, doesn't matter that Chelsea bossed us for every minute before the goal as Gomes stood up and him and his teammates got that first goal and it was game over. Shame he was subbed, I really struggle to follow Silva's logic with the subs.

Won't be as iconic as Neville's tackle on Ronaldo but definitely the biggest switch I've seen this season. Before that moment I was ready to fuck the game off and join my mates in the pub. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

It was a weird one, wasn't even that great a shot but the crowd were desperate for something and he was the first one to deliver. But unlike our manager I know football is all about small moments, doesn't matter that Chelsea bossed us for every minute before the goal as Gomes stood up and him and his teammates got that first goal and it was game over. Shame he was subbed, I really struggle to follow Silva's logic with the subs.

Won't be as iconic as Neville's tackle on Ronaldo but definitely the biggest switch I've seen this season. Before that moment I was ready to fuck the game off and join my mates in the pub. 

Fuck me if Gomes got a second yellow you’d be the first to complain Silva should have subbed him. Is this an actual piss take?