IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Saturday March 30th

markjazzbassist

Coming off the epic Newcastle collapse away and then a big win at home against Chelsea we need to show the players have the fortitude to play well away.  West ham have been doing well lately and are above us in the standings.  A win would be nice I would take a draw honestly if we play well like the second half of Chelsea and first half of Newcastle.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina digne

Gana gomes

richarlison          Gylfi         Bernard

DCL

Like many others I hope its the same as won 2-0 against Chelsea. I can't see Marco making any changes either, but the most important player at this moment in time to me is Mina. If Keane and him can have a decent run together and a few clean sheets, that takes a bit of pressure off next season, if Zouma decides he does not wish to sign.

WHU have a great record at home, and haven't lost in their last 7 there (including a point against the shite, and 3 against Arsenal). We do not have a great record on the road, so this is going to be a tough game and I'd be surprised if we take 3 points.

Consistency is key now.

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Like many others I hope its the same as won 2-0 against Chelsea. I can't see Marco making any changes either, but the most important player at this moment in time to me is Mina. If Keane and him can have a decent run together and a few clean sheets, that takes a bit of pressure off next season, if Zouma decides he does not wish to sign.

WHU have a great record at home, and haven't lost in their last 7 there (including a point against the shite, and 3 against Arsenal). We do not have a great record on the road, so this is going to be a tough game and I'd be surprised if we take 3 points.

Consistency is key now.

agreed, with the transfer band i think chelsea will want zouma back, he is very solid, and a decent manager would see the use in playing him over Luiz.  I don't think he will sign with us to be honest.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, with the transfer band i think chelsea will want zouma back, he is very solid, and a decent manager would see the use in playing him over Luiz.  I don't think he will sign with us to be honest.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't see much playing time at Chelsea and decides to move, as we would hopefully be in pole position.

21 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Fingers crossed that he doesn't see much playing time at Chelsea and decides to move, as we would hopefully be in pole position.

honestly with the holes in our lineup i would rather we spend the money elsewhere.  i don't want to have a stud CB on the bench each week while we don't have a solid CM next year (if gomes/gana leave).  

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2019 at 20:40, markjazzbassist said:

honestly with the holes in our lineup i would rather we spend the money elsewhere.  i don't want to have a stud CB on the bench each week while we don't have a solid CM next year (if gomes/gana leave).  

If Mina or Keane gets injured we are in trouble, don't think Holgate is that good at CB and Jags is coming up to his 400th birthday. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why Tom and not Gomes? Just curious 

Three reasons all with varying degrees of validity :) 

Gomes has been off the pace recently.

Generally speaking, I like Tom away and Gomes at home. Davies provides a little more defensive cover which tends to help away from home.

Lastly, Davies is our player. It's basically April and we don't have much to play for - until we're certain we will be buying Gomes he shouldn't play. Brands and Silva must have seen enough by now to know. We need to develop what we have. Feel similarly with Mina and Zouma - though Mina isn'tt fit right now. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Generally speaking, I like Tom away and Gomes at home. Davies provides a little more defensive cover which tends to help away from home.

Lastly, Davies is our player. It's basically April and we don't have much to play for - until we're certain we will be buying Gomes he shouldn't play. Brands and Silva must have seen enough by now to know. We need to develop what we have. Feel similarly with Mina and Zouma - though Mina isn'ttt fit right now. 

I’ve said a few times Mina should be a head of Zouma for the same reason 

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Lastly, Davies is our player. It's basically April and we don't have much to play for - until we're certain we will be buying Gomes he shouldn't play. Brands and Silva must have seen enough by now to know. We need to develop what we have. Feel similarly with Mina and Zouma - though Mina isn'ttt fit right now. 

Thought Gomes has picked up after a bad period. 

Agree with developing our own in principle, but Gomes is a better player and the best way to want him to stay is to play him. The 

cant argue with your logic though