IGNORED

Jose Mourinho our next manager?

Kev627

23 minutes ago, Makis said:

There's no guarantee we would win something under Mourinho. Not only that, he's not exactly a youth manager so he would not be the best fit for our new model.

New model being over paying for reasonable/average players?

i don’t think Moshiri is interested in developing youth but I’m hoping Brands will persuade him

Bollocks. Mourinho is the type of manager who likes to play the best players at his disposal. Usually these are experienced players. PL is not a place to learn youth how to play at the highest level. We also don't have young players ready to play at the highest level so I'm not worried that Davis or DCL won't be getting much time on the pitch. If we want to win something we should be doing just that no matter who's the manager.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he has won a trophy at every club he's ever been at. i'm not talking the league, FA cup, league Cup, europa, i'll take any of em.

Don't want short term gratification, I want long term growth; and he doesn't do that.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Don't want short term gratification, I want long term growth; and he doesn't do that.

i'm not convinced they will fire marco to be honest, furthermore i don't think mou is a brands type of guy.  so i think it's HIGHLY unlikely, more likely that the bet companies are trying to make some money by slashing odds.

Don't think we'll need a new manager this/beginning of next season. We are going to be mid-table and I guess we and the powers that be have to deal with that, unpalatable as it is. Personally don't think Jose would be the answer to our needs and it seems that Brands/Silva are being given a chance to right the sinking ship.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

I’ve mentioned it before, but 2 years of “short term gratification” before he melts down and buggers off has a world of benefits. Pretty sure we’ve got another thread for José, will have to look later because I explained myself better there

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

Can't deny that he's a winner, but he's also an ass, and I don't think he'd represent the Everton ethos.

He also plays some boring football. 

Replace winner with loser and the rest applies to appointing the previous manager. Moshiri sees a business (that he doesn’t understand). Ethos seems to mean nothing to him. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Replace winner with loser and the rest applies to appointing the previous manager. Moshiri sees a business (that he doesn’t understand). Ethos seems to mean nothing to him. 

So because we made a bad judgment call before justifies future bad judgment calls? I really don't understand your point. I'm not talking about Allardyce. He was a disgrace. I'm talking about Mourinho. 

7 minutes ago, sibdane said:

So because we made a bad judgment call before justifies future bad judgment calls? I really don't understand your point. I'm not talking about Allardyce. He was a disgrace. I'm talking about Mourinho. 

his point is that under moshiri the "club ethos" is not important (to moshiri), he just wants to win and spend money to do so.  if bill was still majority owner i believe your comments about not fitting the club and so forth would be true, but i would agree with matt here.  moshiri treats it like a business (rightly or wrongly) not a family club.

3 hours ago, sibdane said:

I’m saying it’s been done before regarding ethos. This time it would be for a proven winner, that’s all