Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Fulham (Away) Saturday April 13th

Recommended Posts

Just now, Finn balor said:

Fulham are playing with no fear. They are down now so they can play more freely however a good team should be able to overcome that. They’ve been relegated for a reason 

True - happens very often once a relegation is confirmed. Also, if you lose 9 games in a row, statistically, you have to win one eventually.

Shouldn't detract from the fact we have been bollocks though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Haiku said:

Mourinho in the stands, does that mean he's watching his friend failing or he's looking at his next job?

If he ever had desires on coming I think Moshiri will be getting an email saying thanks but no thanks your having a laugh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gomes and Gana today have both been dreadful. Not really helped any of the attackers at all. 

Nobody taken any ownership today, I thought jagielka was a wise choice but he's been bullied and is clearly past it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aidan said:

Gomes and Gana today have both been dreadful. Not really helped any of the attackers at all. 

Nobody taken any ownership today, I thought jagielka was a wise choice but he's been bullied and is clearly past it. 

Would agree with that entirely. Twitter fans slating DCL.... fuckin joke... he isn'tt gonna get a chance is he?    They want us to sign Fabian Del Greecio who scored 18 goals in 25 games in serie A for £85m.....  he doesn't exist but you get my point.   We shouldn't have home grown players..  fans wanna ruin them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Would agree with that entirely. Twitter fans slating DCL.... fuckin joke... he isn'tttt gonna get a chance is he?    They want us to sign Fabian Del Greecio who scored 18 goals in 25 games in serie A for £85m.....  he doesn't exist but you get my point.   We shouldn't have home grown players..  fans wanna ruin them. 

He had a good phase of play in the first half once when he was looked for, ever since then I can hardly recall him touching the ball besides flinging his head in here and there. 

No creativity, no plan to break them down, no physicality. Pathetic performance and the players don't want to work hard enough to break down this awful team. Complacent after a small string of wins. A Marco silva team. 

These lot need bringing back down to earth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Wouldn’t mind a stream if any can find a good one. Pm if you have anything please... struggling here.

You never missed much if you didn't find a stream. Any how if you have an android phone the potato streams app Bill mentioned is good. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

 

 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

System isn'tttt working. 

Siggy, DCL and Richarlison have hardly touched the ball, the latter has looks determined when he has though. 

Get Davies on for Siggy at half time and put in a proper press against them. 

It's the same system we've used all season. If Silva owned a restaurant they'd only be one thing on the menu, people would still give him a chance thinking it must be good, and it would probably look good when it first comes to your table but ultimately you'll be left disappointed and unsatisfied. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What a difference 6 days make, gutted with the effort you can’t just be up for the big games you need to want it in the bread and butter games. 

Poor very poor think I’ll go in the garden and do a bit of weeding while the suns out 

We've been no different. We played exactly the same last week, only thing that's changed is the opposition, they had players who had a set formation and players with pride. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very poor showing that. 

No sign of the pressing of the past few games. Our defence getting the run around and looking dodgy from corners again. Richarlison, DCL and Sigurdsson may as well not be on the pitch. And we’ve got no creativity. 

Our players done nothing different from last week. Fulham just never sat back and let them tickle their belly like the disorganised West Ham or the lackluste/lack-ability Arsenal reserves. 

50 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I don't know how long I can look at Silva and take him seriously. 

It's all well and good getting a streak of form against 2 good teams but how can he come to a game like this and the team perform so badly? 

How are we 70 minute in, 1 shot on target and no substitutes against the worst defensive team in the league? It should have happened at half time. 

Time for him to go. Should have sacked him months ago. 

48 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Mourinho in the stands, does that mean he's watching his friend failing or he's looking at his next job?

Fingers crossed. He done similar before going to United. Not a fan of him crowing, should be more respectful but fuck me I hope he's taking the seat. 

46 minutes ago, Aidan said:

74 minutes in. 74 minutes it's taken silva to realise that the system isn'tttt working with sigurdsson at number 10.

What the fuck. 

All season his subs have been questionable. No idea what Davies has to do to get in the side. Midfield is crying out for his mettle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

with DCL only getting one decent chance in about three games his misses are highlighted and stand out 

I agree with that to a degree but we have dominated in 2 of them games and created 30 something chances, doesn’t that make you think why isn’t he filling his boots it does me, and my conclusion is he is not a striker for all his hard work and huffing and puffing he’s not doing the business he’s not even getting in the right areas to take advantage of our domination in some of the games. 

I know he’s come up from U23s and we all want him to succeed but he’s miles off of what it takes to be a success in the PL , I wish it wasn’t so but the reality is there for all to see and we need to stop our hearts ruling our heads, he simply doesn’t score goals. 

Maybe give him a shot at Gylfi’s position but we need to get a striker in urgently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Keith B said:

I feel almost overconfident about this match, which suggests doom. That means we should win 0-3 but will lose 1-0 on a set piece goal.

Hate that I was right about this. Miserable performance today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I agree with that to a degree but we have dominated in 2 of them games and created 30 something chances, doesn’t that make you think why isn’t he filling his boots it does me, and my conclusion is he is not a striker for all his hard work and huffing and puffing he’s not doing the business he’s not even getting in the right areas to take advantage of our domination in some of the games. 

I know he’s come up from U23s and we all want him to succeed but he’s miles off of what it takes to be a success in the PL , I wish it wasn’t so but the reality is there for all to see and we need to stop our hearts ruling our heads, he simply doesn’t score goals. 

Maybe give him a shot at Gylfi’s position but we need to get a striker in urgently. 

This, exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In those games when we dominated name me a clear cut chance he had? We may have had all those chances due to his performance. I agree we need a striker but maybe if DCL would have gone out on loan somewhere he could have honed his craft. Like Defoe or Kane? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

In those games when we dominated name me a clear cut chance he had? We may have had all those chances due to his performance. I agree we need a striker but maybe if DCL would have gone out on loan somewhere he could have honed his craft. Like Defoe or Kane? 

Again I agree he should have gone out on loan and got himself some goals in the championship and the confidence and instinct all strikers need, but he has some fantastic qualities so could he give Gylfi the competition he doesn’t have in the team I think he could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well... isn’t he a first teamer in a PL team, in the top half of the table?

Isnt that the definition of being a PL player?

honesty he’s there because of a lack of competition, or do you believe he’s there because he’s a good striker and he’s keeping another good striker out the team. 

I don’t want this to turn into Gana fest who by the way was more PG tips than PSG today, because I think DCL has made a big contribution to the team he is strong can hold the ball good in the air loads of pace with a desire and engine to take him were he wants, but he is not a striker it doesn’t come natural to him we need to try him in Gylfi’s place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Extremely slow internet here in the middle of nowhere so streaming won't be an option for me. Didn't realise you can get connected in the air now @Matt, where are you flying from/to?

Just landed in Washington, on our way to Orlando. Looks like it’s just as well I couldn’t get a stream to work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, barryj said:

One word summed up the match. Complacency. The team and the fans. Everyone thought we’d turn up and put 2-3 goals on them. Everyone round me before ko was expecting a decent win. On the flip side the Fulham fans in the pub beforehand thought they’d get absolutely nothing but a sizeable defeat. We never got going and no one stepped up. Very little energy and no high press. Two sucker punches, losing a goal straight from the second half ko throws the plan out the window. Then the killer blow Fulhams second on the break when arguably we were starting to get foot hold. Also it must be said that this was a the most stop start game you are ever likely to see. Deserved nothing, got nothing, move on. 

Well put. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Palfy said:

honesty he’s there because of a lack of competition, or do you believe he’s there because he’s a good striker and he’s keeping another good striker out the team. 

I don’t want this to turn into Gana fest who by the way was more PG tips than PSG today, because I think DCL has made a big contribution to the team he is strong can hold the ball good in the air loads of pace with a desire and engine to take him were he wants, but he is not a striker it doesn’t come natural to him we need to try him in Gylfi’s place. 

I honestly think as a club we have a vision, and that vision is to invest in young players. And that’s what we’re doing.

Dominic is a World Cup winner at U20 level and scored the winning goal. He is also very highly regarded in the professional football world. 

Do I think he is the finished product? No of course not. He will also be fighting against a new signing next year I expect. But I also think the club will keep hold of him and give him every chance to succeed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I honestly think as a club we have a vision, and that vision is to invest in young players. And that’s what we’re doing.

Dominic is a World Cup winner at U20 level and scored the winning goal. He is also very highly regarded in the professional football world. 

Do I think he is the finished product? No of course not. He will also be fighting against a new signing next year I expect. But I also think the club will keep hold of him and give him every chance to succeed here.

Of course we should invest in young players we have a tradition that goes back many years of bringing good young players through, but once you catapult players into the first team you are now wanting them to give a return for the investment and opportunity given. 

And as a striker you are required to score goals it’s your main objective to be honest, and if you don’t you are going to run out of time before your dropped, do I like him  yes I’ve said do I think he will make it with us as a striker no I don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Of course we should invest in young players we have a tradition that goes back many years of bringing good young players through, but once you catapult players into the first team you are now wanting them to give a return for the investment and opportunity given. 

And as a striker you are required to score goals it’s your main objective to be honest, and if you don’t you are going to run out of time before your dropped, do I like him  yes I’ve said do I think he will make it with us as a striker no I don’t. 

Is he a striker or a target man?

You know the difference here don’t you, as your referring to our history. Let’s go back to players like Rideout... prolific? Shit because he didn’t have a great goal ratio?  It’s all opinion.

Theres only one fact, he is a premier league forward, and IS playing in the first team, so IS a premier league forward. .... so has already made it.

You don’t rate him, I do... I’m fine with that. Just please keep being negative towards him...... it’s the only chance he has!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is he a striker or a target man?

You know the difference here don’t you, as your referring to our history. Let’s go back to players like Rideout... prolific? Shit because he didn’t have a great goal ratio?  It’s all opinion.

Theres only one fact, he is a premier league forward, and IS playing in the first team, so IS a premier league forward. .... so has already made it.

You don’t rate him, I do... I’m fine with that. Just please keep being negative towards him...... it’s the only chance he has!

Well that has gone right over my head what you ranting about you nutter have you been breathing in to much MDF dust 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well that has gone right over my head what you ranting about you nutter have you been breathing in to much MDF dust 😀

Haha not sure I know what I was on about.

I see DCL as more of a target man than a striker. 

Striker for me is a goal poacher and finisher.

Target man is there as a focal point to hold the ball up and bring others into play. DCL does this very well. He is strong, has a good touch and great in the air. Paul Rideout never scored a prolific amount of goals, but he was a very good target man that other players used to thrive off. 

If DCL could grab 15+ goals, but also help a few others into double figures, then we would be doing well. It’s no use having a goal scorer that knocks 20+ in, when the team only scores 50 a season. If 3 players can get double figures and others chip in to, then surely more goals = more success.

Dont get me wrong, it would be great to have a striker knock in 20+ and our wingers and CM get 10+, but that would a dream and a top four place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...