IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday April 27th

markjazzbassist

Marco and the fellas need to prove they can be up for a match against a lower side as well.  Gomes still out from suspension and richarlison and digne have knocks hopefully they can play.  Lookman and baines if they can’t.

Pickford

coleman Keane zouma digne/baines

Gana morgan

richarlison     Gylfi      Bernard

DCL

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Richarlison a major doubt apparently, though Mina is ready. Hoping he gives Lookman the nod ahead of Walcott 

I'm thinking that Theo will start. I would prefer Lookman, but it would be harsh on Theo not to start him after he scored (albeit in a one-sided victory).

15 hours ago, sibdane said:

I'm thinking that Theo will start. I would prefer Lookman, but it would be harsh on Theo not to start him after he scored (albeit in a one-sided victory).

For sure he will. Will be a massive “fuck you” to Lookman if he doesn’t start. 

Tomorrow’s results in our match and the Watford-Wolves match will go a long way toward determining 7th and possible Europa League.

Assuming we want European football next season (about which there may not be unanimity on TT?), 3 points against Palace is essential.  Also, a draw between Wolves and Watford would put us in 7th and, given remaining fixtures, favourite to end the season there.  Then it would be up to City to beat Watford in the FA Cup final.

I don’t want to see Wolves win tomorrow.  Makes our path to 7th much more difficult.

14 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Tomorrow’s results in our match and the Watford-Wolves match will go a long way toward determining 7th and possible Europa League.

Assuming we want European football next season (about which there may not be unanimity on TT?), 3 points against Palace is essential.  Also, a draw between Wolves and Watford would put us in 7th and, given remaining fixtures, favourite to end the season there.  Then it would be up to City to beat Watford in the FA Cup final.

I don’t want to see Wolves win tomorrow.  Makes our path to 7th much more difficult.

Wolves are in terrible form, only wins in their last 10 are against man u, arsenal and Cardiff. Been beaten by Huddersfield and Soton in that run.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Wolves are in terrible form, only wins in their last 10 are against man u, arsenal and Cardiff. Been beaten by Huddersfield and Soton in that run.

Here’s hoping the balance their boat with a draw. I want them to go into their last game with the hope of 7th. 

i hope we finish 8th and wolves get 7th.  we finish above watford so marco gets bragging rights over his old club.  wolves next campaign goes off the rails due to Europa meanwhile we are fighting for top 4 due to the massive declines of chelsea (bye hazard) arsenal (this seasons trend continues) and manu (thanks for signing ole, he's been great for us).  this is my hope for next year.  

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i hope we finish 8th and wolves get 7th.  we finish above watford so marco gets bragging rights over his old club.  wolves next campaign goes off the rails due to Europa meanwhile we are fighting for top 4 due to the massive declines of chelsea (bye hazard) arsenal (this seasons trend continues) and manu (thanks for signing ole, he's been great for us).  this is my hope for next year.  

I don’t. Why would anyone want us to finish 8th and not 7th? Crazy. Not only do we earn more prize money we will get (subject to City winning FA cup) European football.  If we want to be a better club we need this to build our profile and attract players. Also it’s another potential route into the Champions League.

I think your perception of the declines of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U is warped. They’ve all be poor this season and are still comfortably above us and that includes us beating all 3 at home! 

I want Everton to do the best they very can every season.  

I can understand why people are weary of europa league football, but we will never get used to it without consistently being in it. I think Wolves will get 7th anyway, and hopefully we can finish above Watford. 

Good job we've had this good run of form, otherwise we'd be well outside of 7th.

50 minutes ago, barryj said:

I don’t. Why would anyone want us to finish 8th and not 7th? Crazy. Not only do we earn more prize money we will get (subject to City winning FA cup) European football.  If we want to be a better club we need this to build our profile and attract players. Also it’s another potential route into the Champions League.

I think your perception of the declines of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U is warped. They’ve all be poor this season and are still comfortably above us and that includes us beating all 3 at home! 

I want Everton to do the best they very can every season.  

After being a champion of the Europa league on here for many years I’ve since changed my mind.  I have seen it ruin our league campaign time and again, the Thursday Sunday matches just suck (for me trying to watch them, selfish yes), and the likelihood of a Europa team winning it is very very low (CL dropouts have the most advantage), and the payroll gets bloated only to have to get cut the next year when we are out of it.  I like the idea of skipping those places and going for 4th.  And if we do want  tourney, give the domestic cups a good shot.  And yes I understand this view is not popular and seen as anti supportive but the Europa league has been flawed for so long, it needs reworking.

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

After being a champion of the Europa league on here for many years I’ve since changed my mind.  I have seen it ruin our league campaign time and again, the Thursday Sunday matches just suck (for me trying to watch them, selfish yes), and the likelihood of a Europa team winning it is very very low (CL dropouts have the most advantage), and the payroll gets bloated only to have to get cut the next year when we are out of it.  I like the idea of skipping those places and going for 4th.  And if we do want  tourney, give the domestic cups a good shot.  And yes I understand this view is not popular and seen as anti supportive but the Europa league has been flawed for so long, it needs reworking.

2007/8 we went very deep in what was then the UEFA Cup and finished the season in 5th.  It can be done, the "big six" do it year after year so if we want to compete with them we need to be able to do it ourselves.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

That’s strange as 10 out of the last 16 winners weren’t in the Champions League 🙄