IGNORED

Lucas Ocampos

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

6'2" and 185 lbs.  primarily a winger and has been for many years, i don't see this as the striker solution.  Pass from me.

Maybe Silva isn'tt looking for an out and our centre forward, but rather 2 or 3 forward players that can all rotate across the front line. 

Or maybe it is a turd article, who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Maybe Silva isn'ttt looking for an out and our centre forward, but rather 2 or 3 forward players that can all rotate across the front line. 

Or maybe it is a turd article, who knows. 

he scores about 3-5 goals and assists that many each year regardless of if he's with marseille, monaco, or in italy.  i don't see how that would translate to be our big goal scoring machine in a league that's more difficult.  i agree with your second statement, i think it's a turd article.

• 1 year later...

I see we are linked with him again. This season for Sevilla hes played 13 on the left side (5 goals 3 assists) and 23 on the right (10 goals, 1 assist).

Last season he managed 5 goals and 7 assists for Marseilla in 37 apperances.

Takes a lot of shots on and likes to beat a man. Seems to muck in in and work hard as well. This is statistically as I've never seen him play but he seems to have a similar profile to Richarlison. Only downside is he's another right footed player.

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I see we are linked with him again. This season for Sevilla hes played 13 on the left side (5 goals 3 assists) and 23 on the right (10 goals, 1 assist).

Last season he managed 5 goals and 7 assists for Marseilla in 37 apperances.

Takes a lot of shots on and likes to beat a man. Seems to muck in in and work hard as well. This is statistically as I've never seen him play but he seems to have a similar profile to Richarlison. Only downside is he's another right footed player.

Wonder if he could work in a midfield 3 (with say 2 of Gomes, Allan, Doucoure), or only as an attacker

10 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Wonder if he could work in a midfield 3 (with say 2 of Gomes, Allan, Doucoure), or only as an attacker

I had this conversation with a mate today. 

Honestly think the three of them could be a good mix in the middle. But I also like us having two up front rather than just a lone striker. Maybe in a front three if we could pick up a striker than can also play on the wing (like Richarlison) and have them play either side of DCL. 

7 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I've been thinking this since the Doucoure links. It would be strange for us to buy 2 central midfielders who would be expecting to start when we already have Gomes. Carlo may want us to line up in a 433. Maybe he sees this formation more suitible as Gomes would have 2 players doing the dirty for him with Richarlison as a left forward where he is comfortable.

I dont think he has ever played in central midfield.

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Honestly think the three of them could be a good mix in the middle. But I also like us having two up front rather than just a lone striker. Maybe in a front three if we could pick up a striker than can also play on the wing (like Richarlison) and have them play either side of DCL. 

Ocampos seems to have the physique of a striker so him being linked would make sense if that's what hes going for.

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think the 3 man midfield is the go for us.

We need to add another goal scoring forward and this guy fits the bill with those stats. 
Iwobi needs to become one of the more advanced of 2 midfielders as well - he is not a winger/forward imo.

richarlison        DCL         Ocampos

Midfielder        Gomes 

Allan 

Something like that 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Fits perfectly.

I like him, he’s a powerhouse and all that but if there’s a James Rodriguez available for £8m or barca are moving Rakitic on Id be leaning towards either of them first. Either way, that midfield you said - dominates most games we play and can hold their own against some of the top teams in the league. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I agree with Aidan. 
I was agreeing with Btay, and then he mentioned playing Iwobi. 😂

We need to play him to get any return if we sell him. I think he would be suited to a roll similar to what I mentioned more so than stuck on the wing. Played the 10 role against west ham and he ran the show. Tough first season for him but he can play a bit

9 hours ago, Btay said:

We need to play him to get any return if we sell him. I think he would be suited to a roll similar to what I mentioned more so than stuck on the wing. Played the 10 role against west ham and he ran the show. Tough first season for him but he can play a bit

He did well late in the game agaisnt Utd when he was moved into a deeper roles as part of a true 3 man midfield as well. He wasn't there for long but he played like a midfielder rather than an attacker dropping deeper.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

He did well late in the game agaisnt Utd when he was moved into a deeper roles as part of a true 3 man midfield as well. He wasn't there for long but he played like a midfielder rather than an attacker dropping deeper.

People talking about Gomes mentality in games and Iwobi also seems to drop his head when things aren't going well. We don't have many that step up in those times. Not knowing what his natural position doesn't help either, I wonder where he prefers to play.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

People talking about Gomes mentality in games and Iwobi also seems to drop his head when things aren't going well. We don't have many that step up in those times. Not knowing what his natural position doesn't help either, I wonder where he prefers to play.

I’m not sure what happened to Iwobi. When he first signed - his best quality is getting the ball and carrying the team upfield with his dribbling, on the half turn and just drives at the other team.

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Exactly. See him in a very similar mould to the ox across the park. Needs to work on his shooting as he sends it over far too much. 

13 hours ago, Aidan said:

I wouldn't disagree, I think he falls into the typical Arsenal mentality of the final Wenger years which has caught on at Everton.

From what I have seen with all of our wingers, they have struggled in a 442. Due to our overall play, they have spent a lot of time deep in our own half and they are doing a lot more defending than they are used to. I don't think any of our wingers have played consistently well under Ancelotti. Walcott has played better, but that's because he is operating almost as the 3rd striker when he does get forward but I doubt that will be something he maintains.

12 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m not sure what happened to Iwobi. When he first signed - his best quality is getting the ball and carrying the team upfield with his dribbling, on the half turn and just drives at the other team.

Exactly. See him in a very similar mould to the ox across the park. Needs to work on his shooting as he sends it over far too much. 

There is definitely a player there and I think he would benefit from playing regularly and in a more central position however I don't see where he fits into our current set up.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't disagree, I think he falls into the typical Arsenal mentality of the final Wenger years which has caught on at Everton.

From what I have seen with all of our wingers, they have struggled in a 442. Due to our overall play, they have spent a lot of time deep in our own half and they are doing a lot more defending than they are used to. I don't think any of our wingers have played consistently well under Ancelotti. Walcott has played better, but that's because he is operating almost as the 3rd striker when he does get forward but I doubt that will be something he maintains.

There is definitely a player there and I think he would benefit from playing regularly and in a more central position however I don't see where he fits into our current set up.

Rotation at the moment. Id rather see him come on than walcott these days and like you mentioned, centrally