Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rubecula

can anyone help?

Recommended Posts

I had a youtube thing on  and I needed to make myself a drink  so I shut down the vid and went to the kitchen  by the time I got  back the comp had shut down and now everything on the screen is tiny  apart from the actual print I can not get the window to maximise (I have tried)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I had a youtube thing on  and I needed to make myself a drink  so I shut down the vid and went to the kitchen  by the time I got  back the comp had shut down and now everything on the screen is tiny  apart from the actual print I can not get the window to maximise (I have tried)

Haven’t got a clue mate I’m not very technically minded when it comes to computers. 

But I have a magnifying glass for sale if your interested 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haven’t got a clue mate I’m not very technically minded when it comes to computers. 

But I have a magnifying glass for sale if your interested 😀

very kind  you git  :shakingfist:lol :lol: the text is huge but the window is small

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rubecula said:

very kind  you git  :shakingfist:lol :lol: the text is huge but the window is small

 

That must be frustrating when your watching subtitled pornography you can read what there saying but you can't see what there doing, the magnifying glass is still for sale😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a graphics card issue. Look at the resolution settings first, right click on desktop, display settings if you're on Windows. Analyse the graphics card. Run DirectX diagnostic: Run - dxdiag. Look for potential issues. Then update graphics driver. If that doesn't help try turning off the graphics card in device manager, PC should switch to integrated graphics automatically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My phone has suddenly decided not to use mobile versions of any website, I'm getting the full desktop job for everything. Anyone got any idea or do I have to start googling? Bloody annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2019 at 09:54, Matt said:

IT 101 - turn it off and on again. 

 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

My phone has suddenly decided not to use mobile versions of any website, I'm getting the full desktop job for everything. Anyone got any idea or do I have to start googling? Bloody annoying.

Other than that I’ve no idea :lol:

which browser are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Other than that I’ve no idea :lol:

which browser are you using?

I've tried IT 101 but it didn't work. Using Chrome, think I'll try downloading another browser and seeing if it makes a difference....it has. Opera has me sorted:).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know why in the ‘general everton discussion’ forum my iPad has the thread ‘summer transfer window’ but my phone doesn’t have it and can’t find it when I search for it? 🤷‍♂️ 
 

As I almost always use my phone I wonder how many other threads content I’ve missed? 
 

 

19D96057-E363-45D2-BE6A-4B51CF1E7D32.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Long shot but could you have unknowingly blocked it on your phone 🤷‍♂️

Cheers - Palfy I’ll look into that! would have been unwittingly as I quite like transfer speculation!

If that is the case anyone know how I go about unblocking it. Also I would have thought if I’d of blockEd it it would be black on my account and not device specific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Long shot but could you have unknowingly blocked it on your phone 🤷‍♂️

Assuming Barry is logged in with the same account it shouldn’t make a difference. 
 

Edit: you may be on to something actually. Just trying to find some of the few ignore topics I’ve got and can’t find them on my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

Edit: you may be on to something actually. Just trying to find some of the few ignore topics I’ve got and can’t find them on my phone. 

Who said that 😀. I did say it was a long shot, more based on every time I get a problem I’ve nearly always created it myself. 
I seem to be good at self inflicted problems lately, but I’ll leave that for another day, now I’ve planted the seed I will leave it for you techies to sort out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Who said that 😀. I did say it was a long shot, more based on every time I get a problem I’ve nearly always created it myself. 
I seem to be good at self inflicted problems lately, but I’ll leave that for another day, now I’ve planted the seed I will leave it for you techies to sort out. 

I originally dismissed the idea because ignored topics should be linked to the user ID, and don’t see how that would be different per device. @barryj, what phone/browser are you using? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I originally dismissed the idea because ignored topics should be linked to the user ID, and don’t see how that would be different per device. @barryj, what phone/browser are you using? 

Just checked on PC. Must be an upgrade to the forum engine, I can't even use advanced search to find a topic that I have on ignore. 

Make sure it's not on ignore by going to Account Settings --> Ignored Topics and let me know mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Just checked on PC. Must be an upgrade to the forum engine, I can't even use advanced search to find a topic that I have on ignore. 

Make sure it's not on ignore by going to Account Settings --> Ignored Topics and let me know mate. 

Thanks for all your help. Well there’s a shock! I must have ignored the topic and it can be ignored on one device and not another. Shame I hadn’t ignored the Gana or Lukaku thread by accident years ago 😂

At least now I can join in with the summer transfer speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryj said:

Thanks for all your help. Well there’s a shock! I must have ignored the topic and it can be ignored on one device and not another. Shame I hadn’t ignored the Gana or Lukaku thread by accident years ago 😂

At least now I can join in with the summer transfer speculation. 

Gana’s coming back 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pure guess Matt I’m no techie, I haven’t progressed from the Abacus and slate 😄

Well you sorted it out! I’m part techie and dismissed by over thinking the most obvious answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well you sorted it out! I’m part techie and dismissed by over thinking the most obvious answer!

Yep me too as it kinda makes no sense how it can be device specific on a web application where you sign in?!? Every other app / website normally remembers settings between devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barryj said:

Yep me too as it kinda makes no sense how it can be device specific on a web application where you sign in?!? Every other app / website normally remembers settings between devices. 

Invision is anything but logical in my experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...