IGNORED

Progress on the pitch under Marco Silva

Progress???  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, there seems to be discussions going on around if we are getting better. So simple question. Are we getting better?

• Yes
    • No

100% more enjoyable to watch, bar a few poor moments, even when playing poor we played forward and looked like we might score, last season, 1-2 shots per game if we were lucky. Always room for improvement, even Pep is talking of improvement from Citeh next season.

Football has improved, team spirit has improved, quality of signings and style of football has also improved. Our position in the league hasn't, which is what Silva will fundementally be judged on.

So no, we havent got better, but I think we are getting better.

If you take out the first half of the season - new players were embedding themselves into the squad, players were also getting used to the new system and Silva was getting an insite into what the players he has are capable of. This was a period of transition, which had peaks and troths. If you look at the progress the squad have made from the start of March onwards we sit 5th in the form table. There is your improvement, if we can keep that form up next season we will be challenging for the top 6.

Silva has had that soak period now, and next season will be huge for him. The only problem is we could lose 3 key players for us in Gana, Gomes and Zouma, which would start a mini transition period all over again.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Hmm, the two god awful draws Allardyce oversaw versus West Brom, or the final day defeat at West Ham, versus smashing Man Utd, beating Arsenal and Chelsea at home and giving the other lot a genuine run for their money, twice, in a season they broke their record points tally... I think we can a now accept that the only reason we're still debating this is one member who's determined to try to convince everyone else that black is white! 

Means nothing though. Your team could improve 100% and play the most exciting football the world has ever saw!

But if the league position is the same, that means there has been no improvement 😜

It doesn’t just simply mean that the teams position hasn’t improved.... honestly!

Gotta go now, need to take my tablets, I’m seven days late!

We've improved immeasurably.

Take the players that allardyce left in a dysfunctional, disillusioned "forget football, this is what I want you to do" state.... and you are talking a big job being on.

If they were being asked to play the moyes way- maybe not a huge transition and more fitness and discipline.   

Silva has had a huge job and looked at one stage like it wasn't working.... fair play to him for getting it right..

I trust him to continue this trend and hopefully we see more of the same trendline

We’ve definitely improved but we have to improve further to get anywhere near the top 6. There’s a few on here that have talked about us not getting Europa to concentrate on getting top 4! Unfortunately they are deluded. Man Utd had a poor season and we were still 12 points behind them. IMO we need to try and bridge the gap (or at least close it) cement a Europa place and have a good go at both domestic cups. I’m optimistic but there’s a long way to go against teams that have a bigger draw to potential players. 

14 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Football is as much about playing football that people enjoy watching as it is about winning trophies.

Dislike that as much as you like but very few teams will walk away with a trophy in a season but tens of thousands will turn out every week to revel in the action of their team.  We all hope for a top 4 spot or a cup victory but know that it will be tough to achieve.  The least we could want should be to watch games where we enjoy the football being played, feel excitement from what we see and some hope that we can challenge for those goals.

in the last few months that’s how I’ve felt about our team and the finishing position didn’t really matter to me in the end.  I’d seen exciting positive football with some memorable victories and can look forward to the next season with some hope that there will be many more of those moments.

Excellent post friend.

Football is still a sport for me, not a business. I do t support Everton to see how much money they make, or how well they run the club..... but because I love watching them play football, I love the history of the club, the colour blue, the current players, the old players, the name, everything.

Football should be judged on the excitement you feel and not the numbers. We have improved immeasurably in that respect, even if our league position has t changed.