IGNORED

Mitrovic

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t think he’s that bad, he absolutely terrorised our back four at Craven Cottage the other week and he is an improvement on what we have got 

Would prefer Wilson though

He’ll cost £50m and there’s no way we should even contemplate that. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’ll cost £50m and there’s no way we should even contemplate that. 

Think he’s much better than some are saying on here. Seems most haven’t watched him much.

But your right, at that price we shouldn’t be anywhere near it. A -20m fee and sure. Anything over and no thanks.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

If he's only £20m then he's worth a punt as you'd definitely get your money back on him. You're lucky to get a squad player for that these days for £20 mil, Solanke went for that much and he's unproven and in his limited minutes looks nowhere near Mitrovic. 

Completely agree. I think he’s much better than Solanke, seems to be the going rate now. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

If he's only £20m then he's worth a punt as you'd definitely get your money back on him. You're lucky to get a squad player for that these days for £20 mil, Solanke went for that much and he's unproven and in his limited minutes looks nowhere near Mitrovic. 

yep that's what i was saying too, to get a decent player nowadays it's 40-50m you have to spend.  could be a shrewd signing at 20-25

I really like him and think he’d thrive off the service from Digne, Sigurdsson, etc. BUT a lot of our recent success has come from Calvert-Lewin’s work rate and ability to press - can Mitrovic do this? Not sure he’s what our team need but he’s certainly a very good striker and, at his age, around £25m he’d be a decent signing.

There is a more focused reliance on players like mitrovic, DCL, Llorente, firminio .....  for the reasons I said 4 years ago as to why I would have preferred firminio to lukaku.  The ability of a team to attack and sustain attacks and retain and win possession is easier with these so-called "non prolific" players.

Mitrovic looks like he can finish.  There aren't many of his type about.... troy deeney was kinda doing this role a few years back but has slowed up and is nowhere near the athlete that DCL or Mitrovic is. 

Big Dunc is who he reminds me most of. A nightmare for defenders, great in the air, physical, hot headed - often takes it too far but has the ability to do something magical with the ball at his feet. As I said previously, he’ll be a good signing for someone, and I’d be happy if it’s us, but maybe not the type of striker that would compliment our system best.

That’s what I mean nowadays theres not many left. I think you have to be versatile. I’d much rather invest in a speedy striker. DCL can hold the ball up now and is getting better all the time. We get a left footer to compete with Bernie on the left and a fast striker that would do for me 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Cos he was a natural goal scorer. Scored all types of goals 

Absolutely, strong and clever too. But was the laziest player I’ve ever seen, he’d never keep up with our attacking players!