IGNORED

Callum Wilson

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

In the even brexit does happen this could be wise since he’s english.  I like him.  Depending on price I’m ok with it, but I’m not ok with overpaying.  I don’t think he’s a worldie.  

Please explain how this will make any difference? 

51 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Age wise, he doesn’t fit the ‘Brands model’... sure he said we’d be looking to sign players under 26years old - yes we may sign a couple who aren’t but can’t see us investing however much it would cost to get this 27 year old with potentially a short shelf life due to his previous injuries.

He is however still young enough to be our first choice striker for the next 4/5 sesaons.

Top 6 teams at the minute are pretty sound for strikers, so thats a releif that we can have a pick of most of the second tier ones. Wilson should be overlooked by CL teams this summer, and only he and Vardy are the ones who have had decent goal scoring records of late outside the top 6. If we want to choose a player from the premier league as a first choice striker Wilson is as good as we will get.

Rondon and Mitrovic dont really offer us much more than what DCL does. Vardy is too old. Wilson seems the logical singing.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I thought brexit would change the amount of foreign players each team was allowed to have.  I believe it was discussed on here when the whole brexit thing first started.

No - I can’t see it making any difference whatever the outcome. The way things are going there’s more chance our new stadium will be built before brexit is concluded! 🤣

18 hours ago, heckcr01 said:

i like wilson, has a pace similar to DCL, but more end-product. think he would definitely improve the quality of the first xi. given the age, i think anything over 30-35m is pushing it though.

He has also had 4 full seasons (injuries aside) and is 5 years older than DCL, but his goal return per season isn’t great (last season excluded). He had a decent season and looks a good player, but I’d not be going for him for the money we’d have to pay. 

7 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I don't see the quality. 10-15 m maybe, as an option.  He's not a star man for a club trying to move into top 6.  Quoted price is a fantasy.

For that price I'd bite their hand off. But as you say he's not a star man. 

For me he's similar to Sturridge. Good goal scorer but doesn't do enough off the ball (contrary to my opinion he does have loads of assists this season but I think that's a one off). Even Lukaku on a bad day occupies both defenders, whereas Wilson is more of a pace man, similar to Vardy, so only works in a system around him whereas we're trying to be a team above that. Wilson would be a good replacement for Vardy at Leicester.