IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was sent off for celebrating. Very nasty! :lol:

That being said, I agree with the latter point. 

Didn’t see this sending off, but have watched enough off him.

I watch Rangers more than I should (play in blue I suspose) and I see him a lot. He has ability, but it’s more Niasse level with aggression. He’s also got a real nasty side. He would see red each match in the premier league.

According to Daily Star, Ancelotti will look to raid his former club with Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski high up on his transfer targets.

The Polish midfielder has been a standout performer for Ancelotti’s old side and it has been reported in Italythat he could be open to a move to Merseyside.

Zielinski isn’t the only Napoli player that has been linked with teaming up with Ancelotti again.

Imposing defender Kalidou Koulibaly has also been the subject of speculation, linking him with a move to Goodison Park.

20 minutes ago, Makis said:

Koulibaly would be a ridiculous signing and I very much doubt we could get him. There aren't many clubs that wouldn't take him so there are plenty of CL clubs for him to choose.

Very doubtful. Could you imagine the calibre of the clubs that have enquired about him in the past. 

The names mentioned are the types a bit name manager can convince to join him on a project. We can only try. 

I’d love to see us go all out in January. We’ve show intent and ambition with the manager - now back him up in the market because quite frankly he can’t do a whole lot with Keane, Gylfi, Morgan and Tosun sniffing around the first team. 

Kouliably, Piotr Zieliński and Marcel Sabitzer would completely revolutionise us.

Sabitzer seems to be the random suggestion in your message. He scores about one in four which puts him the same ballpark with DCL. And I'd rather keep DCL.

Napoli is in the playoffs in the CL so I very much doubt they will sell two of their stars in January. And even if they did, Koulibaly in particular would have many other clubs to choose from. Ones that play in the CL every season.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Sabitzer seems to be the random suggestion in your message. He scores about one in four which puts him the same ballpark with DCL. And I'd rather keep DCL.

Napoli is in the playoffs in the CL so I very much doubt they will sell two of their stars in January. And even if they did, Koulibaly in particular would have many other clubs to choose from. Ones that play in the CL every season.

Sabitzer is a CM for starters... I actually think between DCL, Richarlison and Kean we are okay unless we can get someone who is an elite goal scorer. All 3 of the aforementioned are developing still.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Sabitzer is a CM for starters... I actually think between DCL, Richarlison and Kean we are okay unless we can get someone who is an elite goal scorer. All 3 of the aforementioned are developing still.

Says he has mainly played right wing for Leipzig on transfermarkt. Occasional game at AM. 

Again though, why would a player, Top of the league and in the CL (I think) playing every game come here in our current state? 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I'm actually at the stage now where I don't know which position we need to strengthen most, bar the keeper. 

I think CB is a must, but I'd like to see some pace in midfield. I think having an athletic, box-to-box CM would make a big difference, especially if we're playing in a 4-4-2, which Anelloti likes to play. 

42 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I think CB is a must, but I'd like to see some pace in midfield. I think having an athletic, box-to-box CM would make a big difference, especially if we're playing in a 4-4-2, which Anelloti likes to play. 

I have seen this Ancellotti 442 myth but everything I have read about him suggests that he will play whatever suits his players best. He started off with a Sacchi 442 early in his career and then seems to have returned to it at PSG and Napoli but at AC Milan he played a 4321. At Juve he played 5 at the back, at Chelsea and Real Madrid get played a 433 variation. He could pick from a number of different formations.

What we do know is that we will be dynamic and that he will want to control possession. I don't think we have many dynamic players so that could be a problem!

I think that looking back, the AC Milan tactics could work interestingly here. It would look a bit like this:

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Siggy/Davies

??? + ??? 

Richarlison plus one of Iwobi/Bernard

DCL or Kean

The full backs offer the width (a strength of ours), the likes of Richarlison/Iwobi/Bernard play as part 10 and part inside strikers with DCL/Kean as the focal point. 

He converted Pirlo into a DM from an AM to get him on the ball more which is one of the biggest problems with Siggy. It would also cover over his lack of mobility which is going to be a problem until we get Gbamin back. In the long run, this DM role is also somewhere I can see Gomes playing and dictating from with younger legs ahead of him. 

With varying degrees of reality...names that could surface:

Played for Ancelotti at PSG/Real/Bayern/Napoli - not playing regularly: Rabiot, Khedira, Douglas Costa, Hysaj

Bought by Ancelotti at PSG/Real/Bayern/Napoli: Verratti, Bale, Illarramendi, Isco, James, Renato Sanches, Sule, Tolisso, Malcuit, Fabian Ruiz, Manolas, Lozano

Players at 'big' clubs not playing a lot: Rugani, Umtiti, Kehrer, Draxler, Eder Militao, Lemar, S Arias, Todibo, Arthur, O Dembele, Dahoud

Napoli: Koulibaly, Zielinski, Milik, Insigne

Upcoming/current free transfers: Eriksen, D Silva, Mertens, Vertonghen, Oscar, Muenier, B Soumare, Matuidi, Kurzawa, Modric, Willian, Gotze

On 23/12/2019 at 10:44, Shukes said:

So is this thread now turned into a wanted list?

Or at this actually rumours we’re hearing about?

Do thread gets m excited, only to open it and be disappointed every time! It’s like watching Everton play!

Not really a wanted list Albany posted. The thread is rumours without a link, ie speculation or hearsay, the list is more a logical musing than anything 

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Now we have got our pie in the sky top manager anyone think it wouldn’t be in the world of improbability we go for bale on loan? He has a house in Wales. He has won everything. We pay him £150k a week. Halve his Madrid wages? The commercial value would be invaluable and he is just the player we need 

He’s on more than that, reportedly£600k pre tax. Financially not feasible.......& I don’t think he’d come. It’s not much fun playing golf in the wet and cold. 

19 minutes ago, barryj said:

He’s on more than that, reportedly£600k pre tax. Financially not feasible.......& I don’t think he’d come. It’s not much fun playing golf in the wet and cold. 

You never know. He’d be coming back to live near family, it’s always a massive draw. 

That option would want at least a three year contract and wages would probably be around 100kpw. So this 32-year old would cost the club about 15 million in wages alone. And no-one would take a 34-year old off our hands even for free so he would see the contract out. Have we not learned anything from the other players the club doesn't need anymore but who can't be shifted because no-one else is as stupid?