IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

anyone heard jelly to united for 22 million hope this doesnt happen,weve waited years for a top striker now weve got him lets keep him.for me sell anybody else that we can replace theres loads of players going to be available but not strikers.

No, he would be worth more than that id have thought, they want to sell Nani for £30m rofl.gif I did hear something about Gueye going back to France though

Although Owen wouldn't surprise me, I don't think we'll go for him - I genuinely think we'll sign Pienaar, Naismith and Dempsey with Drenthe/Straq not being signed and players like Mucha, McFadden, Yobo leaving and I actually can see Big Vic fetching us a few million - don't think baines, felli or johnny will go unless huge, huge bids come in. I also think we'll see Donovan on a perm deal come Christmas with his contract up at Galaxy/MLS in Nov.

leggit.gif

Blimey, that post shines like hell with positive thoughts. Must put on my shades. How ever its a very welcome post in these days of gloom and doom mongering.

If Everton pulled this off id say top 4 next year. Which would be brilliant.

On the other posts, theres no way Jelly is going to United for 22 mil.

1 - I dont think he is worth 22 mil............TO UNITED. He is deffo worth 22 mil to EVERTON.

2 - Hes only been with us for a few months, no club is going to want to bid for him yet.

3 - United dont need him, who would he replace?

4 - Eto costs less than 22 mil, any team would rather buy him.

5 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic is touted at 25 mil. Ok alot more expensive wage wise (heard hes been offered 300 000 pounds per week from Man City?) but definatly more striker for the money.

On another note, I think Owen would be a good signing as a bench player. Experience counts for a lot on the training ground and on the pitch. Give him a year and then sign him as a trainer.

Anyone heard of Scott Fox at Leeds? Good prospect??

Edited by Peter H

apparently reo-coker has activated a release clause in his contract...anyone else gettin shudders?

I saw something the other day that said we were interested in Lee the Korean winger at Bolton, i know he missed this season gone with injury, but he's a good player and would be perfect for the right hand side

Lee would be a better option than Coleman, but he wouldnt see a minute until Moyes has severely disciplined his game. The likes of Nani/Johnson/Lennon wouldnt get a game for Moyes. Osman and Pienaar are both cm's, last time we had a winger that played regularly was Kilbane which says to me that Moyes really isnt comfortable to play with modern style wingers.

Lee would be a better option than Coleman, but he wouldnt see a minute until Moyes has severely disciplined his game. The likes of Nani/Johnson/Lennon wouldnt get a game for Moyes. Osman and Pienaar are both cm's, last time we had a winger that played regularly was Kilbane which says to me that Moyes really isnt comfortable to play with modern style wingers.

What you mean is that he's a negative so and so, who does'nt know how to handle them unless they can defend like a fullback, like Drenthe for instance.

What a huge pile of shit! It's getting a bit boring now!

What a huge pile of shit! It's getting a bit boring now!

Name them all then? Only wingers he's brought in are AVM, Drenthe, Bily?, Kilbane, Said, Rodrigo. Only one that played regularly is Kilbane. He let Blomqvist go and stuck with Pembridge, Alexanderson and showed his first sign of his wings should defend first playing Steve Watson.

Other players used:

Central mids: Pienaar, Osman, Gosling, Arteta

Strikers: Gueye, McFadden, Donovan, Anichebe, Andy Johnson

Defenders: Coleman, Baines, Davies.

Thanks for the constructive input though, I'm sure you'd fit in on RAWK with lengthy thought out replies like that.

I think it is old style wingers Moyes is against and I completely agree with him, the old fashioned pacey winger whos only thought is to get his head down and get to the byline to get a cross in. I thought our style of play in the second half of the season was excellent, with Pienaar and Osman playing in the wide positions with the freedom to drift inside, and the width provided from the fullback positions. I hope Moyes keeps the same formation and style of play next season and any players he brings in fit in to that system.

I think it is old style wingers Moyes is against and I completely agree with him, the old fashioned pacey winger whos only thought is to get his head down and get to the byline to get a cross in. I thought our style of play in the second half of the season was excellent, with Pienaar and Osman playing in the wide positions with the freedom to drift inside, and the width provided from the fullback positions. I hope Moyes keeps the same formation and style of play next season and any players he brings in fit in to that system.

Proper wingers would give us more options for formations and style of play other than plan A, then plan B when we're are getting beat to just lump it forward. We never do anything different when it's a stale mate and we need something fresh.

can't say i remember that..

"I remember Baines having to play left midfield when we were down to our bare bones vs Blackburn on opening day 2 years ago. He had a bit of a stinker in the first half and never got into the game. I seemed to think they switched him around with Valente for the 2nd half, who looked more comfortable further forward." Comment off Toffeeweb.

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/0809/everton-v-blackburn.html

What's RAWK? Ibrahim Said a winger? If you're classing him as a winger (as the oracle) Moyes does need his head checking!!! Sure he was a defender who never actually got a game?! If Moyes had nani, johnson or Lennon they'd play - as did Drenthe until he started messing about. Drenthe did some good things for us but if and that's a big if in the oracle's case, you watched him, he lacked discipline and was at times a liability. Moyes, like every other rational fan, could see this and I believe Moyes would have turned him into a prem top player - class undoubted but too many costly mistakes to be trusted 100%.

Go on peteo... Drenthe or Pienaar?

This Moyes shit has got so boring. Ask any fan of any other club and they laugh when it's even suggested that some 'Evertonians' want Moyes out.

What's RAWK? Ibrahim Said a winger? If you're classing him as a winger (as the oracle) Moyes does need his head checking!!! Sure he was a defender who never actually got a game?! If Moyes had nani, johnson or Lennon they'd play - as did Drenthe until he started messing about. Drenthe did some good things for us but if and that's a big if in the oracle's case, you watched him, he lacked discipline and was at times a liability. Moyes, like every other rational fan, could see this and I believe Moyes would have turned him into a prem top player - class undoubted but too many costly mistakes to be trusted 100%.

Go on peteo... Drenthe or Pienaar?

This Moyes shit has got so boring. Ask any fan of any other club and they laugh when it's even suggested that some 'Evertonians' want Moyes out.

Got Said mixed up with Idan Tal. Drenthe was never given a full run on the team, Moyes only focused on his mistakes and would haul him off. Under better management Drenthe could have done much more at the club, and was probably the only* positive in the 1st half of the season(compare his 1st half to Pienaar the season before). Younger with a good re-sale value = no brainer, unfortunately he doesnt have one. Surely it must worry you that Moyes is so self-constrained?

*Barkley as well, same problem.

Edited by pete0

Name them all then? Only wingers he's brought in are AVM, Drenthe, Bily?, Kilbane, Said, Rodrigo. Only one that played regularly is Kilbane. He let Blomqvist go and stuck with Pembridge, Alexanderson and showed his first sign of his wings should defend first playing Steve Watson.

Other players used:

Central mids: Pienaar, Osman, Gosling, Arteta

Strikers: Gueye, McFadden, Donovan, Anichebe, Andy Johnson

Defenders: Coleman, Baines, Davies.

Thanks for the constructive input though, I'm sure you'd fit in on RAWK with lengthy thought out replies like that.

Haha!!! I knew you were a joke poster but this... incredible!!! Simon Davies is now a defender now!!! Did you ever watch alexandersson/blomqvist? Shite! Sure smith had dropped them pre-Moyes anyway - next you'll moan about releasing Ginola!!!

Come on oracle... what should Moyes do? Remember he's got a budget of £0 - you'll need all your footie manager skills to do this! (I got Cambridge to the prem on amiga version when they had fake players and

Lineker was at grampus eight 5-3-2 is the future!!!)

*Mods if I directly called peteo a cunt for his RAWK (red shite site) comments would I get a naughty point. Note: I'm not saying this yet but I'd really like to!!!

Haha!!! I knew you were a joke poster but this... incredible!!! Simon Davies is now a defender now!!! Did you ever watch alexandersson/blomqvist? Shite! Sure smith had dropped them pre-Moyes anyway - next you'll moan about releasing Ginola!!!

Come on oracle... what should Moyes do? Remember he's got a budget of £0 - you'll need all your footie manager skills to do this! (I got Cambridge to the prem on amiga version when they had fake players and

Lineker was at grampus eight 5-3-2 is the future!!!)

*Mods if I directly called peteo a cunt for his RAWK (red shite site) comments would I get a naughty point. Note: I'm not saying this yet but I'd really like to!!!

So Moyes has come in seen we have shite wingers then been scared to ever play with wingers ever again. He's been here 10 years and still hasnt addressed the problem. He had been given money in the past, Yak 11, Johnson 8, Distin 5.5, closest he's done to buying a winger is Bily for 9 who obviously werent a winger, why didnt he use any of this money to sort out the side of midfield?