IGNORED

Moise Kean

Just now, Finn balor said:

He’s also played under some serious managers already. Juve fans aren’t happy at all. 

. Always gonna be question marks with his and relative inexperience at the top level but he certainly has all the tools. Strong, fast, good technically, good finisher, good positional sense. The aspect of his game that gives me the most confidence is his physicality. He uses his body very well to shield the ball and hold off defenders or burst between them. That’s something that should translate well. He deserves time to adjust to the league and develop at his own pace but what an exciting signing. 

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not 100% to be honest. But my guess is that if a team makes an offer for him and we accept it, then if they match the offer, they get first refusal for him.

But we have to accept the original offer first.

If we decide to sell Kean than Juve has the ability to match whatever offer we’ve received. It would still require Kean agreeing to the move. From our end it matters very little. From their end they at least get a chance to match the price and bring back a talented player who came through their academy. 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

What does that mean? 

It basically means that once we accept an offer for Kean, we have a contractual obligation to notify Juventus at which point they can decide to either match the terms or decline to join negotiations. 

It happened most famously with Cristiano Ronaldo when he was moving to Real Madrid. Sporting CP (his first club) put one of these clauses into his Manchester United contract however they hung up the phone without saying a word when United told them that he was being sold for £80,000,000 - a then world record fee. 

It's a good option to have for both parties really as it doesn't weaken our hand (as we'd be selling him anyway) and Juventus are happy as they have the chance to match whatever offer we feel is agreeable. 

A much better clause than a fixed buy-back fee.

28 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It basically means that once we accept an offer for Kean, we have a contractual obligation to notify Juventus at which point they can decide to either match the terms or decline to join negotiations. 

It happened most famously with Cristiano Ronaldo when he was moving to Real Madrid. Sporting CP (his first club) put one of these clauses into his Manchester United contract however they hung up the phone without saying a word when United told them that he was being sold for £80,000,000 - a then world record fee. 

It's a good option to have for both parties really as it doesn't weaken our hand (as we'd be selling him anyway) and Juventus are happy as they have the chance to match whatever offer we feel is agreeable. 

A much better clause than a fixed buy-back fee.

Much better for us. I imagine Juve would love a fixed buy-back clause. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Oh yeah, when he was scoring with his arse I definitely thought to myself “now there’s a footballer”. 

A goal is a goal. He got us quite a few points even if it wasn’t elegant to watch. You wouldn’t have even been thinking, you’d be celebrating a goal and the points won by his goal. 

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

No sure why Niasse is being laughed at right now. He allowed us to turn things around when Koeman would have seen us relegated. He was humiliated and written off, but he made perhaps the greatest contribution of that season. That moment is over, for sure, but he deserves some respect for his attitude and sheer determination.

Exactly. Despite being humiliated and terribly treated, he came back and scored some very important goals for us. I don’t think he has a place now, but to ridicule him after his efforts and contributions is just wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. Despite being humiliated and terribly treated, he came back and scored some very important goals for us. I don’t think he has a place now, but to ridicule him after his efforts and contributions is just wrong. 

This, he always gave his all, never let his head drop which you must respect.

I'll criticise his skill and his technique, but never his effort.

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, I stood there and laughed. Thought “fuckinghell” and then sat down. 

Im more embarrassed by that sack of shit than I was of Straq. Niasse cost money, is still costing us money, and will continue to do so until his contract runs out. 

Who’s a shit fan now then? Not celebrating a goal :rofl: 

I thought Stuart Barlow was the worst striker I’ve ever seen. Dennis the”count” was close but at least he put a shift in. But I took the boy to watch us against West Ham at home. I’ll always remember it because payet was unplayable. Nobody could pick him up. Anyway niasse came on and I swear to go people were laughing. He ran into his own players, he couldn’t trap a fart. He was beyond bad 

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Can you imagine how hard it must be just to have to watch him in training? 

Him and Gana were laughable prematch. Not went the match often enough the decade between but I've never saw any players even close to being that poor at passing, including the ball boys. 

2 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Im not going to expect too much from an 18 year old in his first prem season. 

I’m not expecting much from this season to be honest. Last season was damage control, this season is about stability. Fully expect most of the new signings to be blooded in over a couple of months a bit like Bernard was last year.