Sign in to follow this  
DavisJD

Moise Kean

33 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Apparently kean has put something out on social media basically saying don’t believe what you read 

Another dad that doesn’t shut up then. Fantastic. He’s still after two tractors from Juve as well, whatever the fuck that’s about!

He’s not happy with his father’s interference on his future, he basically told him to sort his own life out before he gets involved with his, his parents have been parted for a while and he isn’t close to his dad  

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I feel very sorry for the lad. He came to Everton full of hope, and he appears to have been completed mismanaged. 

I completely  agree with that, he was admired by a host of clubs, and it would be fair to say that the football world were in someways shocked that we managed to convince him to sign for us, as they felt he was that good. 
Then as you rightly say he has been completely mismanaged by the wonderful tactician that is Silva. 
The wider ramifications of this are when we want others players who have a few choices, do they then look at us and think, thanks but no thanks. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Time will tell.

Exactly. 

I wasn’t too excited despite all the buzz. I don’t really care about him being late and being punished for it. however, I’m almost certain, based on his cameos, that he’ll be a cracking player for us when he’s ready.

Sad thing is that if he comes in and performs well, people will complain about his management regardless, I predict along the lines of “oh! Look at him now, why didn’t he play from the beginning!”. Well, maybe giving him time to settle and work on things allows him to succeed?

Alternatively he starts getting a run, is crap and people will be saying “oh! He’s been ruined because he didn’t have game time!”. Well, maybe he wasn’t ready as quickly as we’d hoped after his move or isn’t suited to the league. 

time will tell indeed. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Great timing, get him on against Norwich. 

I have a feeling the Norwich defence is a bit stronger than the Armenian U-21s, actually I think probably the Northwich Victoria defence is better than them also. Well done to the kid but no form guide for me.

Yeah that's him Krzysztof Piatek, 24 years old. In five years time when Moise is 24 years old I think he'll be as good if not Better than him. Don't think that would be a good deal for us.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

piatek?  he's injured but he's solid.  

Then he’s not solid. 

media games here pure and simple. Juve get a big cut for selling him (which they supposedly do), which, considering their history, makes me either very suspicious or completely indifferent to these ”reports” 

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah that's him Krzysztof Piatek, 24 years old. In five years time when Moise is 24 years old I think he'll be as good if not Better than him. Don't think that would be a good deal for us.

Looking forward to these lottery numbers I’ve been asking for...

Maybe we just don’t need to put too much pressure on him?

We are used to seeing the club buy players for the future, DCL, Stones, Holgate, we didn’t insist they all get in the team straight away. They took time to grow and settle in, just because he played for Juve and cost a fortune (because he is so talented) why would we not afford him the same time? 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

We are used to seeing the club buy players for the future, DCL, Stones, Holgate, we didn’t insist they all get in the team straight away. They took time to grow and settle in, just because he played for Juve and cost a fortune (because he is so talented) why would we not afford him the same time? 

I think like Lookman and possibly Kenny they want to play, and if they don’t there be off especially when they don’t see much better in front of them. 
That’s my perspective on it, I’m sure they haven’t come to make the numbers up. 
There agents aren’t going to allow that to happen regardless of the players thoughts. 

Kean himself has even come out and said that the premier league needs time to adjust, and that he is ignoring all the transfer talk and wants to get on with working his way into the Everton team.

I said when he first came that we wouldn’t really see him until after Christmas. I still think he needs another month or so of training and then he’ll be ready. Second half of the season he will come good.

21 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Think people keep forgetting his agent is Minola. So things seems normal to me.  He will get his chance.  Surprised the shit stirring isn't even at a greater level.

I think that's why he will go. Raiola will not want one of his "assets" to spoil on the bench at Everton. He needs to be playing regular football and the Premier League isn't really the place to develop promising youngsters.

11 hours ago, StevO said:

All of which combined cost £6.5m to sign. 

Whatever we paid for him is a big investment for a bench player. 

I think the plan was to bed kean in. I’m positive we wanted a ready made striker but when kean came up we had to go for him. Maybe silva was assured his job was safe even though he didn’t get his first choice? We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. 

Wonder how well he would have done if he'd have started more games in recent weeks. Looks like our only striker which can create something for himself. 

I'd have him start in the derby for that 20 minutes alone. 

Pretty impressed by his cameo today, but more impressed with him standing up for himself.

I would say he needs a few more cameos first. Responsibility of a full match could be a detriment to him while he is looking for his first goal. A couple of shots in ten minutes gives him a boost, no goal in 90 leaves him wondering where a goal will come from.

I disagree shukes. I think that because he knows he has to get up to speed with the game quickly as a sub his decisions can be rushed. He needs to start games and find his feet early in the game. Get a few good touches and get in sync with the game. I would be starting him the derby. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I disagree shukes. I think that because he knows he has to get up to speed with the game quickly as a sub his decisions can be rushed. He needs to start games and find his feet early in the game. Get a few good touches and get in sync with the game. I would be starting him the derby. 

Good point mate. I think my opinion is more because I worry than anything else, protection mode enabled haha. 
Maybe it could be better to let the reins off.

I don't think it would be good management to throw him into a starting spot in a derby game under the lights when they are league leaders and we are one off the relegation zone. We have Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd coming up soon and he will get a lot more time and space against them than he will against Liverpool.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't think it would be good management to throw him into a starting spot in a derby game under the lights when they are league leaders and we are one off the relegation zone. We have Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd coming up soon and he will get a lot more time and space against them than he will against Liverpool.

Certainly not as the sole striker on Weds, but maybe as part of the front line.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

Start him and Richarlison up front against them. 

I can’t see us maintaining 2 up top against them but Kean looks the only forward player we have capable of driving past his man and making something happen himself.

Start him, he’s not scared and he makes us dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Btay said:

I can’t see us maintaining 2 up top against them but Kean looks the only forward player we have capable of driving past his man and making something happen himself.

Start him, he’s not scared and he makes us dangerous.

I fully expect DCL or Tosun up front on their own. 

13 hours ago, Sibdane said:

The thought of either one of them facing Van Dyke scares the shit out of me.

Van Dyke could go out on the piss tonight and still be good enough to deal with both of them tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, Sibdane said:

The thought of either one of them facing Van Dyke scares the shit out of me.

Honestly, I think DCL could do a job if he is instructed to rough Van Dyke up a bit. Physically he can give him a run for his money. If he can win a few aerial challenges early on and get some knock downs to Richarlison we might have a bit of joy with that.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Honestly, I think DCL could do a job if he is instructed to rough Van Dyke up a bit. Physically he can give him a run for his money. If he can win a few aerial challenges early on and get some knock downs to Richarlison we might have a bit of joy with that.

The amount of times I’ve seen Dom miss time a jump for a header I’d be made up if he won one header against Van Dyke. The man is a machine, I doubt he’ll get touched up any time soon either. Can live in hope though. 

Why do I feel like we have the worst striking options up front in the league... besides maybe Watford? I don't see any of our strikers getting one over on the arguably the best defender in the world. I would love to see it happen, but I'm very nervous about this one more than any other fixture we've had this year (and even last year). 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

The amount of times I’ve seen Dom miss time a jump for a header I’d be made up if he won one header against Van Dyke. The man is a machine, I doubt he’ll get touched up any time soon either. Can live in hope though. 

Love auto correct:D

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Kean against Virgil would be a disaster. It has to be DCL. He is the only player that can handle him physically.

I agree, but let's face it if any of our strikers are intentionally targeting VVD they probably should give up the game.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree, but let's face it if any of our strikers are intentionally targeting VVD they probably should give up the game.

I highly doubt any striker would target VVD. But it would be extremely naive to think that VVD won’t be targeting them. It’s his job isn’t it? 

Unless you feel his two goals over the weekend has suddenly turned him into a striker haha 😉