Sign in to follow this  
DavisJD

Moise Kean

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I think it would be foolish to let him go anytime soon. He's still only 19 and needs more experience to get up to the pace of the league. Skill is there. He needs a confidence boost though. I think a goal would do him wonders.

Thought he might of stepped forward for one of the penalties.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thought he might of stepped forward for one of the penalties.

Considering the manager chooses the takers usually (I think), he probably didn’t want to step on toes

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

?? 😐.

We didn't take our 5th pen as we were 4-2 behind so it didn't make any difference whether we scored it or not. That said I've no idea if Kean was down for it; even though we lost I was impressed with the way Holgate and DC-L stood up, it was the "bankers" that let us down, Tosun had 26/27 success rate before last night, better than Leighton.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

We didn't take our 5th pen as we were 4-2 behind so it didn't make any difference whether we scored it or not. That said I've no idea if Kean was down for it; even though we lost I was impressed with the way Holgate and DC-L stood up, it was the "bankers" that let us down, Tosun had 26/27 success rate before last night, better than Leighton.

Some were saying that they were disappointed that Kean didn’t step up to take a pen. I was just saying he may have been down for the 5th. If so there’s often a lot of responsibility in that. I guess we won’t know. 

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

Some were saying that they were disappointed that Kean didn’t step up to take a pen. I was just saying he may have been down for the 5th. If so there’s often a lot of responsibility in that. I guess we won’t know. 

Agreed.

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Was you streaming it off the adult channel 😉

Not sure, but thinking about it he was wearings stockings and suspenders, and a leopard print G-String 😀

Moise needs to settle down a bit, which given his age is understandable, against Utd he shown serious lack of understanding, and against Arsenal he was trying too hard, and trying to beat too many players ( like the rest of team on Saturday it has to be said) he needs to learn to lay the ball off sooner, he does seem to have a good skill set, and hopefully with time it will come good, a goal will do him the work DOF good confidence wise. As it stands I’d much rather see him come on as a sub than start, and rather than Tosun, with Moise at least it feels he might do something, I don’t get that feeling with Tosun.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Moise needs to settle down a bit, which given his age is understandable, against Utd he shown serious lack of understanding, and against Arsenal he was trying too hard, and trying to beat too many players ( like the rest of team on Saturday it has to be said) he needs to learn to lay the ball off sooner, he does seem to have a good skill set, and hopefully with time it will come good, a goal will do him the work DOF good confidence wise. As it stands I’d much rather see him come on as a sub than start, and rather than Tosun, with Moise at least it feels he might do something, I don’t get that feeling with Tosun.

He is definitely down on confidence but I cannot blame Dunc for double subbing him against Utd. He offers far more than the other strikers on the bench but he needs to just start putting it all together. We will see if there is a long term attitude problem as has been suggested

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Agreed he should be first striker sub.  Tosun needs to go.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The language barrier won’t have helped, I know he speaks limited English but I hope the new manager will be able to get through to him what he wants a whole lot easier. 

And use tactics and style of play that better suits his game, let’s be sure of one thing if Ancelotti thinks he has got what it takes, he will give him the best opportunity to bring it out. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Kean has done a decent job this game, glad he got 70 mins. If we can keep him and DCL for a bit they’ll hopefully gel. Patience required here. 

Could argue that he should have stayed on as Niasse did nothing more.

That was definitely as bright as I have seen him, would love to seem him leading the line with Richarlison behind.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Could argue that he should have stayed on as Niasse did nothing more.

That was definitely as bright as I have seen him, would love to seem him leading the line with Richarlison behind.

True. Today was all about the CMs though and the tactics. 

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Sure the midfield were very poor today but Kean produced nothing at all. He takes the ball well, turns his man and then produces absolutely nothing.

Time is up for the lad. We can't afford to have yet another striker who doesn't know where the goal is

Are you serious??? He's 19.... 19.   Look at Rashford at the same age.... this lad is need to the PL and looks better each game. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Are you serious??? He's 19.... 19.   Look at Rashford at the same age.... this lad is need to the PL and looks better each game. 

Get him sold. Why are so many people crawling up his ass. He's a new Balotelli but with a fraction of the talent. Deary me! 🤣🤣🤣

Edit.

What was your mate Lukaku doing at 19?

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Get him sold. Why are so many people crawling up his ass. He's a new Balotelli but with a fraction of the talent. Deary me! 🤣🤣🤣

Edit.

What was your mate Lukaku doing at 19?

Rotting On the Chelsea bench after missing a penno in the super cup final..... before going to WBA.   Yep.... he was actually 20 at that time.

He scored 0 goals in 15 appearances when he was older than Keane ..... 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Rotting On the Chelsea bench after missing a penno in the super cup final..... before going to WBA.   Yep....

He had already established himself in Belgium. Chelsea just moved too early, as have we. But I'm doubtful Kean is anywhere near as good as Lukaku was.

He might come good, it won't be at Everton. How many more games must go by without him scoring before we have to accept that the transfer hasn't really worked?

Are we just gonna keep hold of him because, as you like to point out, he is 19? Is there a reason he doesn't get game time? Those 3 managers haven't seen fit to put him in more often?

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

He had already established himself in Belgium. Chelsea just moved too early, as have we. But I'm doubtful Kean is anywhere near as good as Lukaku was.

He might come good, it won't be at Everton. How many more games must go by without him scoring before we have to accept that the transfer hasn't really worked?

Are we just gonna keep hold of him because, as you like to point out, he is 19? Is there a reason he doesn't get game time? Those 3 managers haven't seen fit to put him in more often?

Established himself in Belgium??? That's an oxymoron right there..... next up you will be telling us how Ian Rush established himself as a goalscorer in the Welsh league.

Fact is this... at the age of 19 you can not judge whether someone will make off as a striker.... his core footballing fundamentals are sound. Pace, control, skill, strength.

But if your gut feel Tell you we need to get rid of a 19 year old when the squad is saddled with Walcotts, niasses, Schneiderleins, gylfis, earning half a million a week between them then maybe it's a good job you're not the DOF

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

He’s struggling that’s for sure 

I'm not sure he would "struggle" if we never had such a shit midfield.

Fook me... people used to defend lukaku when he fed on scraps. Is this kid getting spoon fed? No. He's a kid thrown in a team of piss poor soon to be retired mercenaries. 

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

He just needs more time and more care in man management - what he had at Juve. He’s a nineteen year old kid in a new country who’s been mismanaged in a team and club that are performing poorly. Give him time support and stability and he’ll come good - Everton has made their problems Kean’s problem.

Like x 5.

Some of our fans are ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not sure he would "struggle" if we never had such a shit midfield.

Fook me... people used to defend lukaku when he fed on scraps. Is this kid getting spoon fed? No. He's a kid thrown in a team of piss poor soon to be retired mercenaries. 

Don’t even make a comparison with Lukaku yet Haf. Lukaku proved he was a goalscorer.

At present Kean looks lost he’s giving the ball away too much. He’s young and we’ll all give him time 

49 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Don’t even make a comparison with Lukaku yet Haf. Lukaku proved he was a goalscorer.

At present Kean looks lost he’s giving the ball away too much. He’s young and we’ll all give him time 

He wasn’t a proven goal scorer until he was given a chance. The comparison is actually quite accurate in some ways and I’m amazed it’s Haf of all people making it but with a positive shine!

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

I was asked what lukaku was doing at 19.... so what do you want me to do????

If the response doesn't make comfortable reading for someone who wants to believe that at 19 lukaku was tearing the league up then tough.

Fact is the kid has talent and fans getting on his back will surely see that he won't realise it. 

He only seems to look to turn one way, which makes him very easy for the defender to read. 

That being said, I don't think we should be throwing the lad under a bus any time soon. He's still learning all aspects of the game at this point, and his education has had to change extremely early after moving to a new country just as that education had begun. While it may still be football, the two leagues are vastly different. It's like starting at school and being there a few months and then having to change schools. While you're still learning the same curriculum it will be taught differently, and probably in a different order, making it hard to stay on track.

He clearly has the ability he just needs time to settle 

Coming into a disjointed side currently in transition whilst trying to adapt to a new country and league won't be easy 

I do see a fair few of the people who defend Davies don't put the same emphasis on Kean when he's clearly got far more ability and is two years younger 🙄

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I was asked what lukaku was doing at 19.... so what do you want me to do????

If the response doesn't make comfortable reading for someone who wants to believe that at 19 lukaku was tearing the league up then tough.

Fact is the kid has talent and fans getting on his back will surely see that he won't realise it. 

Let’s get one thing straight. I’m all for Kean I want him to do well but he is struggling.

Lukaku comparison is silly really tho as Rom is pretty much a 1:2 striker-everywhere he’s been. Kean would do well to match that.

Why are we comparing him with Lukaku or anyone for that matter, he’s 19 had a hand full of games in what is his first season in the toughest league in the world, let’s give him a chance to settle in and judge him end of next season when hopefully he’s playing in a far better team with a manager who knows how to get him up to speed. 

He did one thing yesterday that proved to me there is a player there. He took the ball under pressure on the touchline and made a joke of the defender and then he was off.  Time will tell but I think once he gets a couple under his belt he will be firing. He’s a nineteen year old kid learning a new life and career. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Why are we comparing him with Lukaku or anyone for that matter, he’s 19 had a hand full of games in what is his first season in the toughest league in the world, let’s give him a chance to settle in and judge him end of next season when hopefully he’s playing in a far better team with a manager who knows how to get him up to speed. 

To get Haf to bite obviously 🤣

3 hours ago, MC11 said:

Let’s get one thing straight. I’m all for Kean I want him to do well but he is struggling.

Lukaku comparison is silly really tho as Rom is pretty much a 1:2 striker-everywhere he’s been. Kean would do well to match that.

Again..... I repeat..... at 19 years old in the premier league lukaku struggled. ... he wasn't a 1 in 2 premier league striker at 19.

Yes... he scored in the Belgian league which quite frankly is a million miles away from the premier league.  When he went to the prem he struggled till he got sub time at WBA