IGNORED

Moise Kean

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Juve apparently interested in selling now.. Not sure how much longer Brands can wait on this one. 

Being able to buy outright is preferred, of course, but the buyback option isn't terrible. I imagine we'd make 10-15m to take him on for a year. If he's as advertised it might be hard to keep him more than a couple years anyhow. Better than a straight loan.

If he only has a year left he can wait till January and then sign a pre- contract with a foreign club so Juve might not have much leverage to force a buy back clause. With Ramsey, raboit, de light being signed recently for huge wages they need to get some money back in the pot

The buy back is too low/deal is lopsided. On those terms we're taking on the risk of him not coming good and Juve getting him on the cheap if he does.

Most likely they see him as a player for in 2 years time once Ronaldo will retire. If that's the case I'd ask them to send him to us on a 2 year loan and pay us £20m for helping develop him. That way we have none of the risk and Juve are guaranteed the player is theirs come the time Ronaldo leaves. 

A buy back clause might as well be called a go backwards clause because that's all it is. 

If Juve don't want to play ball and won't sell him outright let him rot behind the countless strikers Juve have. If the player wants first team football he must push a move for himself otherwise we as a club need to move on and sign another option. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

hell no, 35m?  this dude had 13 apps in serie A and he's worth that much?  no way.  still unproven in that league not to mention the premier league.  loan to buy with buybacks would be the only way i'd say yes.  we could be saddled with another niasse for all we know.

We don’t really have the ability to attract elite, proven strikers at this point. As such, we have to take chances on youth (like Kean) or players who are on the outside looking in at their current club (like Lukaku was). By all accounts this kid is a serious talent so I say trust management to exercise good judgement. 

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

We don’t really have the ability to attract elite, proven strikers at this point. As such we have to take chances on youth (like Kean) or players who are on the outside looking in at their current club (like Lukaku was). By all accounts this kid is serious talent so I say trust management to exercise good judgement. 

he's no different than DCL for me, unproven youth, we already have 1 why go with another?  get mandzukic for 2 years for 12m or something and go that route with DCL learning and growing.  makes no sense having 2 unproven young strikers vying for your 1st spot.  we need a go to sure thing

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Buyback clause is too low. The market is rapidly inflating -- there's no telling how much will change in two years and he could be worth more than that by market standards.

Exactly - my point all along. I’d agree that If we decide to sell they have first refusal. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's no different than DCL for me, unproven youth, we already have 1 why go with another?  get mandzukic for 2 years for 12m or something and go that route with DCL learning and growing.  makes no sense having 2 unproven young strikers vying for your 1st spot.  we need a go to sure thing

The problem is who fits that bill? How many sure things are out there who significantly improve on DCL and would be willing to come to a club without European football? For me, we have to accept that the spot we are in necessitates taking a bit of a gamble. We aren't going to get the finished article at this point. We are going to have to focus on getting someone talented but young or a situation like Lukaku's where he was 3rd choice and angling for regular starts. Hopefully over the next 2-3 years we will have European football and a new, world-class stadium under construction. At that point we may be able to attract players who have less question marks around them. Until then I think we just have to trust management to make good decisions. 

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

We don’t really have the ability to attract elite, proven strikers at this point. As such, we have to take chances on youth (like Kean) or players who are on the outside looking in at their current club (like Lukaku was). By all accounts this kid is a serious talent so I say trust management to exercise good judgement. 

First sentence; so DCL. So either a massive financial gamble on this lad or develop one of our own. Both are gambles (one much less so than the other). I know which one I’d take. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

First sentence; so DCL. So either a massive financial gamble on this lad or develop one of our own. Both are gambles (one much less so than the other). I know which one I’d take. 

Depends which one the management feel has the most scope to be developed. 

Personally, I know fuck all about this Kean and am hopeful over DCL. It all rests on Brands’ and Silva’s judgement I suppose. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like DCL and think he has a chance to develop into a very good all-around striker but I’m not sure you can equate the two. Kean is mentioned alongside some of the best U-20 talent in the world and he has been linked to some of the biggest clubs there are. It’s about as consensus as it gets around here that we need to bring in a striker and that wouldn’t be the case if everyone was confident DCL could do the job. You’re certainly right that it’s a gamble but I’m my opinion  it’s one worth taking. 

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

I like DCL and think he has a chance to develop into a very good all-around striker but I’m not sure you can equate the two. Kean is mentioned alongside some of the best U-20 talent in the world and he has been linked to some of the biggest clubs there are. It’s about as consensus as it gets around here that we need to bring in a striker and that wouldn’t be the case if everyone was confident DCL could do the job. You’re certainly right that it’s a gamble but I’m my opinion  it’s one worth taking. 

DCL has a World/Euro Cup winners medal around that age of competition,  scored the winning goal too I think. I don’t care about the training leagues, for that money he has to be miles above DCL, so it remains an expensive gamble. 

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think if DCL broke out for Juve’s first team last year he’d be going for 30 million. He’s growing into the hardest role - sole centre forward, in the hardest league and he’s doing a damn good job.

He's doing an average job. If he was doing a good job we wouldn't be pushing for a starting number 9.