IGNORED

Zaha

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shukes, he’s massively overrated. He’s massive for Palace, obviously, but for any other side he’s just run of the mill. 

Fair enough mate, your usually a good judge. 

But I do see a player when I watch him and think with better players around him, he could be special. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

But I do see a player when I watch him and think with better players around him, he could be special. 

I thought the same thing about Bolasie when he was at Palace.  :unsure:

I wasn't happy when we bought him for what we did though. I'd be livid if we more than doubled that for Zaha.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Honestly, I don’t see him as much of an upgrade on Bolasie. Certainly not an £80m player. Palace want that much for him because of how important he is to them, but he’s not £80m important to us and I would be furious if we spent that on him because he will never, ever provide us with what that money should entail. 

Think he's a similar player to Mane and surprised the shite aren't in for him. 

He's better than Bernard and with Richarlison attracting attention it would be worth bringing him in now. Ideally replace Gana, sig, and Keane first but depends who's available. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I thought the same thing about Bolasie when he was at Palace.  :unsure:

I wasn't happy when we bought him for what we did though. I'd be livid if we more than doubled that for Zaha.

He’s on a different level to Bolasie. He wins games single handily for Palace. I’d really love to see him in an Everton shirt but not at 80m (plus huge wages) as this would effect our buying potential with FFP. We do though need to take risks in order to go on to the next level. So long as these risks are calculated. 

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

He’s on a different level to Bolasie. He wins games single handily for Palace. I’d really love to see him in an Everton shirt but not at 80m (plus huge wages) as this would effect our buying potential with FFP. We do though need to take risks in order to go on to the next level. So long as these risks are calculated. 

I agree that he is better than Bolasie but my point is that Bolasie flattered to deceive, and we ended up over-paying for him. I feel it would be the same case for Zaha at the rumoured price. Maybe he's worth 80MM to Palace, but that doesn't mean he should be worth that much to us. You hint on the price being too high above though.