Jump to content

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

After a nights sleep I’m warming up to this.  He and Richarlison on the wings could be deadly 

Maybe the two of them and Bernard could fill the front three positions, if they could work out how to interchange effectively. 

Maybe not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think £ 60m plus McCarthy should swing it if you price him at £10m.  Wouldn't cost us a lot cos we made more than that selling all the dead wood from last season.

Though I would rather spend that amount on a goal scoring striker,  Bernard doesn't really need replacing so urgently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think £ 60m plus McCarthy should swing it if you price him at £10m.  Wouldn't cost us a lot cos we made more than that selling all the dead wood from last season.

Though I would rather spend that amount on a goal scoring striker,  Bernard doesn't really need replacing so urgently.

I agree Bill. Would you take £60m plus McCarthy and Tosun? I’d be tempted. 

I think he is to replace Lookman. Having Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott and Zaha would be an exciting bunch of wingers in the squad, I wouldn’t care which two start, having either of them two available to come off the bench would be real fire power in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs This is where I stand...

 

Not sure I wanted/though we'd want Saha in the summsr BUT we need a new winger now Lookmans gone - be it Zaha / Malcolm / Leao  / Neres et al... if we get anyone of those it will improve the team we have today. 

 

If we can shed the wages of Tosun, McCarthy as part of the deal even better - we aren't going to get good money back in for either of them - no ones intersted apart from palace.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StevO said:

Maybe the two of them and Bernard could fill the front three positions, if they could work out how to interchange effectively. 

Maybe not. 

yeah i could totally see that.  but the odd man out is bernard if we get a striker or they want DCL in there.  not surprising he was on a free, and richy/zaha would be 100m tied up, they're gonna get the most from that investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see him coming to us, would like him here especially if we could include some of the dead wood in the deal, but he's a London lad who apparently wants to stay in London, and it will be his choice at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" With Zaha, I’ve got to be truthful and tell you what I’ve heard,” he said. “I’ve heard that it’s not a deal that is going to happen."

 

already passed off responsibility saying he heard it off someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

52m was rejected ups offer to 55m as you said Bill, cash no players in deal yet. 

I think it’s smart to  it add the players until later in the negotiations. If we started at 55m and McCarthy we wouldn’t have much room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cisk said:

Ffs This is where I stand...

 

Not sure I wanted/though we'd want Saha in the summsr BUT we need a new winger now Lookmans gone - be it Zaha / Malcolm / Leao  / Neres et al... if we get anyone of those it will improve the team we have today. 

 

If we can shed the wages of Tosun, McCarthy as part of the deal even better - we aren't going to get good money back in for either of them - no ones intersted apart from palace.

 

Zaha isn’t worth half the number being quoted. Moreover, several teams would like to secure McCarthy’s signature. I remain depressed about this transfer window. I had high hopes, but they’re not being realized. My comfort is that this all remains speculation for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Zaha isn’t worth half the number being quoted. Moreover, several teams would like to secure McCarthy’s signature. I remain depressed about this transfer window. I had high hopes, but they’re not being realized. My comfort is that this all remains speculation for now. 

You can count on one had the players outside the top 6 that are better than him though. 

That's why I think the club want him. It was the same with sigurdsson, we can't get the lads at the top so we have to get the best of the rest. 

It's a statement signing almost. Like I've said before no doubt he will improve the team, I'd have just liked us to strengthen the CF role or even just a left footed winger. 

Or I don't know, maybe Brands has seen the market for realistic CF targets this season and doesn't want to take a risk on older players (mandzukic etc) or the likes of Costa's ego. Maybe a marquee signing that isn't a CF is a better option if we find the right player, in this case Zaha, along with a young up coming striker who would be cheaper.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You can count on one had the players outside the top 6 that are better than him though. 

That's why I think the club want him. It was the same with sigurdsson, we can't get the lads at the top so we have to get the best of the rest. 

It's a statement signing almost. Like I've said before no doubt he will improve the team, I'd have just liked us to strengthen the CF role or even just a left footed winger. 

Or I don't know, maybe Brands has seen the market for realistic CF targets this season and doesn't want to take a risk on older players (mandzukic etc) or the likes of Costa's ego. Maybe a marquee signing that isn't a CF is a better option if we find the right player, in this case Zaha, along with a young up coming striker who would be cheaper.

 

 

We've been down the road with young up coming strikers they rarely ever come good especially when there is no good senior striker to learn from, for me get Costa in and let the likes of DCL and Tosun learn from a master how to lead the line terrorise defenders and score goals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You can count on one had the players outside the top 6 that are better than him though. 

That's why I think the club want him. It was the same with sigurdsson, we can't get the lads at the top so we have to get the best of the rest. 

It's a statement signing almost. Like I've said before no doubt he will improve the team, I'd have just liked us to strengthen the CF role or even just a left footed winger. 

Or I don't know, maybe Brands has seen the market for realistic CF targets this season and doesn't want to take a risk on older players (mandzukic etc) or the likes of Costa's ego. Maybe a marquee signing that isn't a CF is a better option if we find the right player, in this case Zaha, along with a young up coming striker who would be cheaper.

 

 

But do we want to make a statement or break into the top tier? Wasting money on Bolasie was making a statement at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

But do we want to make a statement or break into the top tier? Wasting money on Bolasie was making a statement at the time. 

Little bit of an unfair comparison for me. Bolasie was less established and then obviously suffered a devastating injury. Who knows how his career might have progressed. I don’t expect Brands to be making moves just to get a “name”. Whether a transfer works out or not I think we can trust that they are making decisions in an effort to move up the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

We've been down the road with young up coming strikers they rarely ever come good especially when there is no good senior striker to learn from, for me get Costa in and let the likes of DCL and Tosun learn from a master how to lead the line terrorise defenders and score goals.

 

Backfired when we tried that with Eto though. I’m not sure Costa is the right personality for that role either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Deacs said:

Backfired when we tried that with Eto though. I’m not sure Costa is the right personality for that role either.

I’m not sure where this idea about Costas personality has come from. His team mates have always seemed to love him. Trippier commented the other day how welcome he’s made him feel, him and Morata looking after him. No doubt he’s a crank on the pitch though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

But do we want to make a statement or break into the top tier? Wasting money on Bolasie was making a statement at the time. 

I think in fairness theyre in a different league to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aidan said:

You can count on one had the players outside the top 6 that are better than him though. 

That's why I think the club want him. It was the same with sigurdsson, we can't get the lads at the top so we have to get the best of the rest. 

It's a statement signing almost. Like I've said before no doubt he will improve the team, I'd have just liked us to strengthen the CF role or even just a left footed winger. 

Or I don't know, maybe Brands has seen the market for realistic CF targets this season and doesn't want to take a risk on older players (mandzukic etc) or the likes of Costa's ego. Maybe a marquee signing that isn't a CF is a better option if we find the right player, in this case Zaha, along with a young up coming striker who would be cheaper.

 

 

Good post.  That idea of the best of the rest is interesting.  In a way that’s how spurs built their sides while breaking into the top 4, trippier alderwereld dembele adebayor wanyama etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not sure where this idea about Costas personality has come from. His team mates have always seemed to love him. Trippier commented the other day how welcome he’s made him feel, him and Morata looking after him. No doubt he’s a crank on the pitch though. 

Absolutely he may the nicest guy in the world off the pitch. I just don’t know how he’d fit at Everton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really, really don't like the way Bolasie has been branded. He was actually good before he broke his leg. He had three assists before his injury which is more than most players manage in an entire season. Will every player receive the same treatment if they break their leg three months into their time at Everton?

And especially I hate when people draw some idiotic parallels between him and Zaha just because they played at the same club. It's not even stupid, it's beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Makis said:

I really, really don't like the way Bolasie has been branded. He was actually good before he broke his leg. He had three assists before his injury which is more than most players manage in an entire season. Will every player receive the same treatment if they break their leg three months into their time at Everton?

And especially I hate when people draw some idiotic parallels between him and Zaha just because they played at the same club. It's not even stupid, it's beyond that.

Think you’ll find that even his harshest critics gave a lot of support when he broke himself. But he was poor before the injury, and understandably worst after. 

As for the comparisons because they played the same position (how is that stupid?!) at the same club, a club who looks to rip us off again because they’ve got a MOTD winger is quite accurate parallel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Makis said:

No he wasn't, he was actually pretty good. It's hard to prove after this many years, but look at whoscored for instance: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69844/History/Yannick-Bolasie

7.2 average in the 12 games he managed before he broke his leg.

He wasn’t good. He had good moments which may have lasted 5 mins a gam3. But otherwise was constantly caught out of position, or offside, didn’t help the full backs, tackled himself repeatedly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Makis said:

We then agree to disagree. I personally think you are thinking of him after he returned from injury.

No, I was giving the same criticism when all the media were fapping over his clever tricks whilst at Palace, but then ignoring as he fell over the next time or ran into someone.  In fact, I’ve stated many times that the injury maybe  have turned out beneficial for him, because his feet were always too quick for his brain, and that slight dip in speed plus time to reflect during his recovery would’ve all added up to an improved player. Didn’t really seem to turn out that way, at least for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Bolasie and wanted him here, but I was always left disappointed. This was before his injury. 

He had moments where he showed us his ability, but it was just too few and far. 

Zaha is a much more powerful player, although he does play act. Zaha can win game games singlehandedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

He wasn’t good. He had good moments which may have lasted 5 mins a gam3. But otherwise was constantly caught out of position, or offside, didn’t help the full backs, tackled himself repeatedly...

This right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm warming to the idea of him joining us, took awhile as I don't like his diving and whinging antics, but he can score and beat a defender. The reason I'm warming is Zaha, Richarlison and DCL as the front three could work, all three are fast and could interchange positions with ease, left mid and right, would give defenders lots to think about. Whatever happens the price has to be right no more than £50m and ideally with a player going the other way, Bolassie back to his old club would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Second and final offer I imagine 

Yeah that's a big offer, particularly as it allows them to pay Man U less for the sell on fee. I can't imagine us going beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton have released an official statement categorically denying making a 2nd bid with players but admitting a bid was made over the weekend, which was rejected, and both clubs agreed that was that.

Seems a bit strange to release that, never known that before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Everton have released an official statement categorically denying making a 2nd bid with players but admitting a bid was made over the weekend, which was rejected, and both clubs agreed that was that.

Seems a bit strange to release that, never known that before?

playing hard ball with palace i imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How so?

Starting to think this was just the West Ham trick of putting a bid in for someone we had no chance of signing.

Its a strange one. Surly the club has some idea of whether or not Zaha would want to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...