IGNORED

Zaha

53 minutes ago, barryj said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/wilfried-zaha-transfer-crystal-palace-163200636.html

I know some aren’t Kean 😂 but I’m still hoping he’ll join Moise in attack. 

I read that myself, I would be thrilled if we signed him, but at that price....ouch.

So far just about every signing we have actually done has come in less than what was initially recorded. At least to this point it seems like Brands is not one to just grab his ankles at the negotiating table.

It's an awful lot of money but that's the modern game players going for ridiculous fee's

Maguire Bissaka Rodri NDombele etc then there's the prices banded around Ake £75m!! mental....

Zaha is the type of quality and player that could be the difference in this side seriously challenging the top 6  

He knows the league is at the right age and can add goals assists and can turn a game on its head in a split second, some will say big fish small pond which could be true but I genuinely think he's potentially a massive piece of the puzzle 

Imagine a settled front three of 

Kean      

Richi             Zaha

According to Palace fans I know, the club has no money, their accounts for the last two seasons showed big losses, i.e in the tens of millions, and they would not be surprised if he went, but would be surprised if it was us and not Chelsea next year.

Although some say the club is going down hill fast and he (Zaha) does not want to spend another season in a relegation battle and so they think he will join us.

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

According to Palace fans I know, the club has no money, their accounts for the last two seasons showed big losses, i.e in the tens of millions, and they would not be surprised if he went, but would be surprised if it was us and not Chelsea next year.

Although some say the club is going down hill fast and he (Zaha) does not want to spend another season in a relegation battle and so they think he will join us.

It just seems suicidal that they would let him go with no time to replace but I suppose crazier things have happened (not much crazier, mind you).

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

It just seems suicidal that they would let him go with no time to replace but I suppose crazier things have happened (not much crazier, mind you).

Wouldn't surprise me if Bolasie, and McCarthy went in the opposite direction. Bolasie is a like for like swap (although nowhere near as good), and McCarthy gives midfield cover they need. Would explain why neither have left yet despite both being linked to other clubs.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Bolasie, and McCarthy went in the opposite direction. Bolasie is a like for like swap (although nowhere near as good), and McCarthy gives midfield cover they need. Would explain why neither have left yet despite both being linked to other clubs.

It’s certainly a thought that if they were going to sell at all it would involve players coming back given their lack of time in finding replacements.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

How do we know that Palace arent sorting out a player to replace him as we speak? 😜

I really hope we can get him now. £65m seems a lot, but I think we got Kean and Gomes at pretty decent prices, not to mention the absolute bargain we got last season in Digne. I could let it go for the attacking options we would have. It would be nice to turn up at Goodison and be excited by whoever is picked. Zaha could be really good for us. 

Could give us the option of playing Bernard in the middle of Gylfi needs a rest too. 

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’ll forget the last comment but if we get an injury to one of the strikers it’s going to leave us way short. Not that I’m saying I wouldn’t do the deal 

Would Tosun be a effective back up tho, would he add anything. Given last season I would say no.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Would Tosun be a effective back up tho, would he add anything. Given last season I would say no.

I’d say yes because of his finishing, but it would depend on the setup of the team and we’re moving away from a single source of goals so then I say no. As a backup I think he’s highly adept

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d say yes because of his finishing, but it would depend on the setup of the team and we’re moving away from a single source of goals so then I say no. As a backup I think he’s highly adept

I agree but I'm pretty sure he wont want to be a back up, especially if we are using only one out and out striker this season, it would push him to 3rd, maybe even 4th choice.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He missed quite a few last season tho, some real sitters if I remember rightly. Dont think he suits our system.