IGNORED

Who do you see most at risk from new signings

Palfy

I would say the players most at risk from new signings are DCL the search for a striker is definitely hotting up and I can’t see who ever we bring in being brought here to play second fiddle to DCL, also I see Coleman at risk from a new signing coming in and after allowing Kenny to leave that must be high on the agenda to bring someone else in. 

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

They are the obvious ones but I’m interested to see if we buy a Malcolm where does he fit in? Right or left? Who misses out? Bernard moves in to gilfi’s position? 

I would think they would all get plenty of game time, it would be great to have more options of real quality. 

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

They are the obvious ones but I’m interested to see if we buy a Malcolm where does he fit in? Right or left? Who misses out? Bernard moves in to gilfi’s position? 

How about they all switch and give the opposite manager a headache?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

How about they all switch and give the opposite manager a headache?

I’m all for that. I think Malcolm is the most realistic for us and for £30-35 million in this market isn’t stupid money. In my opinion that leaves us with a surplus. Walcott or Lookman would have to go. I would rather Walcott but I think it will be Lookman. If we get £25 million for him and we sell who we need to sell then that goes in the pot for Malcolm and a striker. Just got to sort out a right back and centre half. 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

We need a centre half, not bothered about right back at all really. 

Definitely. If we go into the season with only Keane and Mina we could be in trouble. 

The priority for me would be: 

1. CB

2. Striker

3. Defensive Midfielder.

The latter is subject to being able to shift the likes of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic etc (assuming they arent key to Marcos plans).

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Definitely. If we go into the season with only Keane and Mina we could be in trouble. 

The priority for me would be: 

1. CB

2. Striker

3. Defensive Midfielder.

The latter is subject to being able to shift the likes of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic etc (assuming they arent key to Marcos plans).

This. 

If Delph goes through I want us to go all out for a striker, anything extra is a bonus after a centre half. 

I think Davies brings a different quality to those other players in the middle. He obviously doesnt have their quality but when he seems to get more involved in the game than Siggy. As long as he can accept that he will be on the bench a lot then he is the perfect player to have. Local lad, can fill in every midfield position or even right back, he will give 100% and keep those other playrs honest in training.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I think Davies brings a different quality to those other players in the middle. He obviously doesnt have their quality but when he seems to get more involved in the game than Siggy. As long as he can accept that he will be on the bench a lot then he is the perfect player to have. Local lad, can fill in every midfield position or even right back, he will give 100% and keep those other playrs honest in training.

Yeah it's his intelligence which makes up for his lack of technical ability. Big season or two ahead because he needs to start proving he can be a top player for us - although I'm not sure if he even knows his best role. 

41 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Yeah it's his intelligence which makes up for his lack of technical ability. Big season or two ahead because he needs to start proving he can be a top player for us - although I'm not sure if he even knows his best role. 

He signed a new contract so he definitely wants to stay and fight for a place in the team, but I bet he wasn't expecting to hear we could be signing Delph which would probably make it hard for him to even make the bench.

But what's happening to Brands vision of giving the youngsters a chance and not buying older players, I know it's only rumours but if you believe the press we are closer to signing a 29 and 30 year olds not what I was expecting.

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Brands has stated he won’t rule out players over 21-25 but he won’t spend big on them. 8mill gets you a championship player who is 18 or 19. We have signed a good player who is used to winning 

He has played 40 EPL games in the last 3 seasons... He is used to his team mates winning!