IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

He looks decent on Football Manager. :D Apparently had a good season with Mainz. Definitely a Gana replacement, capable even playing as CD. Actually his original position was CD if I remember correctly, but obviously was used as a centre mid at Mainz with success.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I would hope we’ve done more than identify his replacement seeing as we’ve known since January it was going to be necessary. 

This is my big point. It’s like when Ronaldo gave united one more season. They knew it was happening like we must have done. I’m sure they have someone lined up

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not ok with it if we are replacing a proven year after year premier league top DM with an unproven youngster for the same price.  he needs to be cheaper than Gana to make sense for me.

As I look at him more I wonder if he's our CB and not the Gana replacement. He seems a bit sloppy with his close control when he's dribbling  but he has a lot of size and seems to like a long cross field pass. I'd be more confident with him in that role than DM based on the (admittedly little) I've watched.

17 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

As I look at him more I wonder if he's our CB and not the Gana replacement. He seems a bit sloppy with his close control when he's dribbling  but he has a lot of size and seems to like a long cross field pass. I'd be more confident with him in that role than DM based on the (admittedly little) I've watched.

that changes things but 40m is still a lot for an unproven CB.  Mina came from Barca and was 20-30m.