IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

On the videos his positioning looks sound but he might need time to adjust as he'll not get that much time on the ball here to pick a pass after winning the ball, few floaters in the clips that he'd need to play faster or make sure the player is free/there is time for the ball to get there. Much higher tempo in the prem, he might need a season. 

Wouldn't mind if we tried him at the back straight away as his positioning looks good enough and he'd get more time in the ball. Can see why his agent is bigging him up for there. 

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Houston we have a problem.

Just been reading up that his interception rate is even higher than Ganas, which means his positioning is even worse doesn’t it?

Depends how they go about intercepting the ball. Barry done it by reading the game, Gana by running straight at the ball regardless of the situation. Exactly why you need to watch football and can't moneyball it. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Depends how they go about intercepting the ball. Barry done it by reading the game, Gana by running straight at the ball regardless of the situation. Exactly why you need to watch football and can't moneyball it. 

I do love you PeteO!

More info on J-P,  I've brought it back to the proper thread .....

"Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign the 23-year-old defensive midfielder back in January 2018, and wanted to utilise him as a centre-back but Mainz were unwilling to let him go at that time because they were in a relegation fight. As a result, Liverpool looked elsewhere and ended up signing Fabinho instead. 

The 23-year-old has a versatility to his game that will make him a very useful member of the squad as he can play all across the backline and in defensive midfield. This will be especially useful considering the ongoing struggle to land Kurt Zouma"

Dont shoot the messenger, I know he was bought as a cdm but just saying he can play as central defender. 

On 03/08/2019 at 21:49, Shukes said:

Houston we have a problem.

Just been reading up that his interception rate is even higher than Ganas, which means his positioning is even worse doesn’t it?

I would think it's the other way around. You need to tackle if you fit caught out in the wrong position while intercepting a pass means you were in the right place. 

6 hours ago, Makis said:

I would think it's the other way around. You need to tackle if you fit caught out in the wrong position while intercepting a pass means you were in the right place. 

Haven’t you been listening to the Ps for gods sake... you’ve learnt nothing.

Making an interception means you were in the WRONG position! That’s what made Gana so shit.

You need to go back to P school for a few more threads 😉

8 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

ATM?! I'm not sure what's made his week bad can be reconciled...

Ha. I’d like to believe that but it would not surprise me if many people explain it away to the point where it doesn’t significantly effect his legacy. I mean sure a lot of the founding fathers owned slaves but it was just a sign of the times, man..