IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Reading the website he seems confident in his abilities. Liked to tackle and likes a pass. Pete will be happy. I think our style might evolve this season

My only fear was we'd try and get some other positionally enept ball chaser. Luckily not many exist in professional football. 

Gomes box-to-box this guy shielding the back four. Be nice having a footballer in midfield. 

He'll be better a centre half.......

His agent.

"In my opinion, he is a player worth 60 million euros. It’s time for him to play as a centre-back. There he would be a top player in all four major leagues and would make a great career.”

Centre-back has become something of a problem position in itself at Goodison Park, with Phil Jagielka departing for Sheffield United, Yerry Mina still unconvincing and Kurt Zouma heading back to Chelsea after his loan expiry.

His versatility would give Gbamin a real head-start in his Everton career but for him to truly replace Gueye – as is the main function of his signing – fans must be patient and allow the 23-year-old to grow in confidence, adjust to the demands of the Premier League and develop his footballing intelligence.

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

fans must be patient and allow the 23-year-old to grow in confidence, adjust to the demands of the Premier League and develop his footballing intelligence.

This is why Delph is such an astute signing. Delph being here allows us to ease Gbamin in as he’ll more than likely take time to adjust to his new life/surroundings.

I think he's been brought in because of his quick transition play. If you watch his highlights videos he almost always plays a forward pass/diagonal immediately after he's made a tackle/interception. He's going to have Bernard and Richarlison to aim for so we should be pretty rapid in the counter next season. 

57 minutes ago, mcirony said:

I think he's been brought in because of his quick transition play. If you watch his highlights videos he almost always plays a forward pass/diagonal immediately after he's made a tackle/interception. He's going to have Bernard and Richarlison to aim for so we should be pretty rapid in the counter next season. 

...and Zaha and Kean with Zouma covering him at the back 😉😎

He is the future Gana is the past, from the very little I’ve seen of him he is an improvement, he can tackle maybe not as prolific as Gana was but maybe doesn’t need to be if our retention of the ball is better, for me his passing is far superior so he can win the ball and deliver it, and if his positioning is good as well Gana will be forgotten very quickly. 

Gana has gone, if he ends up 75% the player I will be more than happy, as long as we get creativity ahead of him.... which it looks like we’re doing.

Cant wait to see this lad in action. I wanted Lemina to be honest, but the more I read about this lad, the more excited I become. Sounds like another that has the potential (I know we hate that word at Everton) to become an excellent player.