IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday August 10th

markjazzbassist

Well here we go, the first match of a new campaign.  The feeling of unbridled optimism and the excitement of new signings.  Sadly I will miss it as I will be camping in the woods.  But I’m excited to see highlights!! Lol.  Palace are a one man team and that is Zaha.  If we can negate him and be strong on set pieces I think we can come away with a win or draw (draw more likely).

i expect the new players to be on the bench and slowly get blooded in.  Delph or Morgan there depending on Fabian’s injury.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Schneiderlin/Delph

Richarlison Gylfi Bernard

DCL

I would expect to see cameos from JP and Kean.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Schneiderlin/Delph

Richarlison Gylfi Bernard

DCL

Yeah think that'll be the squad we will see Mark. 

Love opening day. As always I’m optimistic everything kicks into place and the goals rain in. You cant underestimate a good start in the league. Last year we nearly did but for bad decisions and not killing games off. The game has 0-0 written all over it. I just want us to be clinical if the chances come our way. With that I’m going to go for 0-1 win. Charley pen 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Been thinking. If McCarthy has been training with the first team all week. We would have obviously worked on drills, set pieces etc etc. You not think old Woy will be asking him for the goss?

Probably but I highly doubt it would make much of a difference to Silvas approach 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Team as listed by mark above with bench looking like 

Lossl, Baines, Sidibe, Holgate, Gbamin, Walcott, Kean

Iwobi to come in for Walcott eventually or Baines as it’s been mentioned Sidibe can cover both LB/RB. Good options 

Walcott shouldn’t be near the bench anymore 

i honestly cannot think of a lineup where I don’t say “ah shit, where do I fit him in?”  Finally, I can say I’m really glad I’m not picking the teams because Marco has a huge challenge ahead of him  

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

Team as listed by mark above with bench looking like 

Lossl, Baines, Sidibe, Holgate, Gbamin, Walcott, Kean

Iwobi to come in for Walcott eventually or Baines as it’s been mentioned Sidibe can cover both LB/RB. Good options 

I think Baines is injured so I imagine Iwobi will be on the bench to start wth. I'd be amazed if he isn't. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

i honestly cannot think of a lineup where I don’t say “ah shit, where do I fit him in?”  Finally, I can say I’m really glad I’m not picking the teams because Marco has a huge challenge ahead of him  

Mate I can’t wait for him to out of it - just seeing as iwobi signed the night before?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure I understand the sentence, but it makes me wonder how much preseason Iwobi has had. 

Sorry mate sent that on the fly as I’m at work!

i mean - I can’t wait for Walcott to be out of the squad... I just don’t know if I’d put iwobi straight in. 

Nonetheless our squad is so much more balanced.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Sorry mate sent that on the fly as I’m at work!

i mean - I can’t wait for Walcott to be out of the squad... I just don’t know if I’d put iwobi straight in. 

Nonetheless our squad is so much more balanced.

Assumed that’s what you meant man, hence my question about his preseason. If he’s had a decent one, he’ll replace him straight away. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He's a great option to have when you're winning and play on the counter. See the United game. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like Walcott but he can’t be getting ahead of the guys we’ve brought in if we want to develop as a team

I like when teams have one fast winger and one technical, Giggs and Beckham approach. As soon as his pace is shot I'd get rid, but until then he's still a useful option.