markjazzbassist

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday August 10th

Well here we go, the first match of a new campaign.  The feeling of unbridled optimism and the excitement of new signings.  Sadly I will miss it as I will be camping in the woods.  But I’m excited to see highlights!! Lol.  Palace are a one man team and that is Zaha.  If we can negate him and be strong on set pieces I think we can come away with a win or draw (draw more likely).

i expect the new players to be on the bench and slowly get blooded in.  Delph or Morgan there depending on Fabian’s injury.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Schneiderlin/Delph

Richarlison Gylfi Bernard

DCL

I would expect to see cameos from JP and Kean.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Palace are a one man team and that is Zaha.  If we can negate him and be strong on set pieces I think we can come away with a win or draw (draw more likely)

If Zaha is still playing for Crystal Palace by the time this fixture comes around...

Can’t wait for the season to start!

Will be interesting to see who starts - hoping to see some new faces get a run out and would love for us to bag a few goals!

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Schneiderlin/Delph

Richarlison Gylfi Bernard

DCL

Yeah think that'll be the squad we will see Mark. 

Love opening day. As always I’m optimistic everything kicks into place and the goals rain in. You cant underestimate a good start in the league. Last year we nearly did but for bad decisions and not killing games off. The game has 0-0 written all over it. I just want us to be clinical if the chances come our way. With that I’m going to go for 0-1 win. Charley pen 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Been thinking. If McCarthy has been training with the first team all week. We would have obviously worked on drills, set pieces etc etc. You not think old Woy will be asking him for the goss?

Probably but I highly doubt it would make much of a difference to Silvas approach 

Team as listed by mark above with bench looking like 

Lossl, Baines, Sidibe, Holgate, Gbamin, Walcott, Kean

Iwobi to come in for Walcott eventually or Baines as it’s been mentioned Sidibe can cover both LB/RB. Good options 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Iwobi to come in for Walcott eventually or Baines as it’s been mentioned Sidibe can cover both LB/RB. Good options 

Walcott shouldn’t be near the bench anymore 

i honestly cannot think of a lineup where I don’t say “ah shit, where do I fit him in?”  Finally, I can say I’m really glad I’m not picking the teams because Marco has a huge challenge ahead of him  

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think Baines is injured so I imagine Iwobi will be on the bench to start wth. I'd be amazed if he isn't. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

i honestly cannot think of a lineup where I don’t say “ah shit, where do I fit him in?”  Finally, I can say I’m really glad I’m not picking the teams because Marco has a huge challenge ahead of him  

Mate I can’t wait for him to out of it - just seeing as iwobi signed the night before?

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Mate I can’t wait for him to out of it - just seeing as iwobi signed the night before?

Not sure I understand the sentence, but it makes me wonder how much preseason Iwobi has had. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure I understand the sentence, but it makes me wonder how much preseason Iwobi has had. 

Sorry mate sent that on the fly as I’m at work!

i mean - I can’t wait for Walcott to be out of the squad... I just don’t know if I’d put iwobi straight in. 

Nonetheless our squad is so much more balanced.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Sorry mate sent that on the fly as I’m at work!

i mean - I can’t wait for Walcott to be out of the squad... I just don’t know if I’d put iwobi straight in. 

Nonetheless our squad is so much more balanced.

Assumed that’s what you meant man, hence my question about his preseason. If he’s had a decent one, he’ll replace him straight away. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He's a great option to have when you're winning and play on the counter. See the United game. 

Just now, pete0 said:

He's a great option to have when you're winning and play on the counter. See the United game. 

I like Walcott but he can’t be getting ahead of the guys we’ve brought in if we want to develop as a team

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like Walcott but he can’t be getting ahead of the guys we’ve brought in if we want to develop as a team

I like when teams have one fast winger and one technical, Giggs and Beckham approach. As soon as his pace is shot I'd get rid, but until then he's still a useful option. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Assumed that’s what you meant man, hence my question about his preseason. If he’s had a decent one, he’ll replace him straight away. 

Think it’s been a bit on and off with afcon 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t see him being involved but if it’s a choice between him and mirralas? There’s talk of Zaha not being involved tommorow.  He’s not in the right frame of mind apparently 

Zaha hasn't played in a single preseason game either.

Have a feeling we'll just not get into this game for some reason. Really hope we've not bought a 'like for like' replacement (injury wise) for McCarthy with Fabian Delph. 

48 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Can’t wait to see us line up for the new season in last seasons away kit😳. Piss poor that 

I don’t care, I can’t wait for 3:00 Saturday it feels like the longest closed season ever. 

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not bothered.

Me either. I guess you could argue the club should release the third kits by the first game so they don’t have to make a decision like this but it’s a small thing. Plus, I like those kits.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Does it not show the complete opposite? The home and away this season both clash so we need the third shirt. 

Home and away are supposed to clash aren’t they? So why do we need a third?

im also working this weekend and next so I’ll appreciate the updates here please lads :) 

Can't contain my excitement for tomorrow. It's been too long!

I think I'll be even more excited once we're a few games in and the new players get a chance to show what they're capable of.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Home and away are supposed to clash aren’t they? So why do we need a third?

im also working this weekend and next so I’ll appreciate the updates here please lads :) 

Our home and away kits both clash with Palace’s home kit, so we obviously need a third. 

55 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our home and away kits both clash with Palace’s home kit, so we obviously need a third. 

I don’t see that at all, very clearly different for my eyes. 

40 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne 

Gomes Delph 

Richy Siggy bernard

DCL

Hopefully we will see Gbamin and Kean come on at some point. Don't think iwobi will feature this early. 

Delphs injured isn’t he?Gbamin will probably start, or Morgan

14 hours ago, Matt said:

I don’t see that at all, very clearly different for my eyes. 

So why the fuck are we playing in last season's third shirt today then? Oh yes, because the home and away this season clash with Palace's home shirt!

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Are any of the referees in English football colour-blind, I wonder? If so, factors other than colour may come into it. 

Don't know about now but when my dad took his ref's "exam" many years ago there was a colour blind test as part of it and if you failed you failed the whole thing. Funnily enough he was colour blind so he asked the guy who went in before him about what they asked when he came out, then guessed based on the info and passed. Only ever did park football though, never took it further.

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So why the fuck are we playing in last season's third shirt today then? Oh yes, because the home and away this season clash with Palace's home shirt!

Because some people are blind? They don’t clash at all!

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Take it up with the ref then, he made the decision. Hence we do need a third shirt.

If he is struggling with that, we need a new ref!

Wouldn’t mind seeing 

Pickford

coleman       Keane.    Mina.     Digne 

JPG

Gomes       Gilfi

charly            DCL.         Bernie 

think it’ll be Morgan playing though. Apart from Zaha they haven’t got much goal threat in them