IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday August 10th

markjazzbassist

The first 30 minutes were brilliant however we really finished the half as the second best team. How Sigurdsson missed that chance with about 10 minutes on the clock is beyond me, any decent connection and it's a goal but he decided to fire it into the floor? Bizarre. 

I'd be looking at brining in Moise Kean on the hour mark, DCL doing a good job of tiring out their defence but not doing much more - Gylfi struggling to get a grip of the game too but give him time. In contrast, Bernard and Digne on the left look superb and have been a real thorn in Palace's defence. Hopefully we tap into that in the second half and start the season with three points as anything less would be dissapointing considering how Crystal Palace have performed. 

The wind is a joke yes, but get it on the floor and that's a problem solved. Not sure why we would be playing high balls at any point in this game, not that we should be against defenders that are pretty poor at covering the lines but adept at crosses.

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much about Gomes either, I think he was just taken off as a precaution. The fact that he walked off without any assistance from the physio suggests it's a nasty knock and not something that could keep him out for weeks on end. 

I think that was a good first half on the whole just a lack of finishing and some poor decisions in the final third. Siggy, Richarlison, Coleman the former and Bernard, DCL the latter. 

It's a bit of a worry now that Gomes has gone off. We were firmly in control with him on and now it's a big test for the new lad Gbamin. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The first 30 minutes were brilliant however we really finished the half as the second best team. How Sigurdsson missed that chance with about 10 minutes on the clock is beyond me, any decent connection and it's a goal but he decided to fire it into the floor? Bizarre. 

I'd be looking at brining in Moise Kean on the hour mark, DCL doing a good job of tiring out their defence but not doing much more - Gylfi struggling to get a grip of the game too but give him time. In contrast, Bernard and Digne on the left look superb and have been a real thorn in Palace's defence. Hopefully we tap into that in the second half and start the season with three points as anything less would be dissapointing considering how Crystal Palace have performed. 

The wind is a joke yes, but get it on the floor and that's a problem solved. Not sure why we would be playing high balls at any point in this game, not that we should be against defenders that are pretty poor at covering the lines but adept at crosses.

Yes, but bring on Kean for Sigurdsson, not DC-L. I'd like to see the two of them playing up front.