IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

What about the defence?

Holgate, Mina, Keane, Gbamin worst case. Maybe an opportunity for one of the kids to get a chance? Not ideal but could be worse. Hoping it’s Keane and Holgate as the starting pair though I doubt it. 

Definitely not Rojo though, deal fell through at the last minute (again) :yay: 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

35m is a joke for this guy.  he's worse than walcott and walcott cost us 20m.  not happy with this

Definitely don't agree. Walcott is a pace merchant who has used his speed to beat players his entire career. I'm not a fan of Iwobi per se, but he definitely has more technique than Walcott.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

just seen he's only 23 years old, that's the silver lining i'm holding onto, he will grow into a nice player.  cause when i watched him last year he was anonymous, hoping to be proved very wrong

Arsenal opinions seem pretty divided. I think they all recognize his talent but he apparently lacks some end product. Quite a few think he could be a good #10. He definitely will add creative flair. This will come down to whether that will ultimately result in production. Not there yet but at 25 or 26 who knows. 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

just seen he's only 23 years old, that's the silver lining i'm holding onto, he will grow into a nice player.  cause when i watched him last year he was anonymous, hoping to be proved very wrong

He was there best player against us at Goodison 

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

...they were pretty shit against us at Goodison! Not a great persuader that one Matthew!!!

I knew someone was going to say that. I’ll rephrase, he was the only one I was worried about when they played at Goodison. Came on and gave us something to actually worry about for 20mins. 

£40m according to the BBC. Bit steep...

He's hit and miss from what I've seen, but that's not atypical for wingers.  Could say the same about any of our wingers. It's a position where you need to have options so you can insert whoever is hot at moment.  35 I think will be the upfront price, and that's not absurd in this market.  It's the 8m of 5 years ago.  Not sure about his wages though, just hope he's not put at the top of the pile.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I knew someone was going to say that. I’ll rephrase, he was the only one I was worried about when they played at Goodison. Came on and gave us something to actually worry about for 20mins. 

£40m according to the BBC. Bit steep...

🤣🤣🤣 Playing with you.

It is a steep price but, again, the market is chaotic and I doubt us fans will ever get our heads around It!