IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Lookman similar ability to Zaha....Jesus Christ 🀯

Iwobi is a better player than Lookman and has more in his lockerΒ 

Nobody said this, did they?Β 

As for the second paragraph, iwobi is more proven in the games he has played with his return of goals /assists, but im not sure he will be better in the long run than Lookman.Β 

I'm uneasy with the signing of iwobi, I felt like there were better options earlier on in the window and he was a panic buy after we realised Zaha wasn't a possibility.Β 

On 12/08/2019 at 22:51, Aidan said:

Nobody said this, did they?Β 

As for the second paragraph, iwobi is more proven in the games he has played with his return of goals /assists, but im not sure he will be better in the long run than Lookman.Β 

I'm uneasy with the signing of iwobi, I felt like there were better options earlier on in the window and he was a panic buy after we realised Zaha wasn't a possibility.Β 

"LikeΒ I saidΒ before Lookman is not far off zahas ability"

Not far off = lesser but similarΒ 

Lookman had been given ample opportunities to prove his worth and bar the very odd flash we never saw any consistency from him, something which multiple managers would have seen in training etcΒ 

Iwobi will prove to be a good singing especially for the money considering the market and buying from essentially a possible rival/English clubΒ 

36 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Lookman had been given ample opportunities to prove his worth and bar the very odd flash we never saw any consistency from him, something which multiple managers would have seen in training etcΒ 

Iwobi will prove to be a good singing especially for the money considering the market and buying from essentially a possible rival/English clubΒ 

I don’t think Lookman did get a decent go of it, he was always coming on as sub and rarely started, never consistently. Still, Iwobi is a much further developed you talent and I’m still as excited now as TDD

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Do apologise I meant iwobi not Zaha. All of this could have been avoided! Zaha is head a shoulders above Lookman.Β 

19 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Brands mentioned in his latest interview that he could provide competition for Siggy.Β Β 

as suspected he is the younger siggy replacement.Β  i gotta hand it to Brands, unlike previous regimes where we replaced only once they were gone for 2 years, he is doing it well in advance of needing that player so they are blooded and accustomed to our style and culture.Β Β 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

We paid Β£28 mill for Iwobi and got Β£20 mill for lookman give or take a few mill? I must admit I’ve not seen enough of Iwobi but he’s had a lot more premier league games and contributed more in a more successful team

i admit i didn't want Iwobi but i'm warming to him, reading the arse forum and seeing how much he's already played in the Prem and Internationally i think we could have a decent player.Β  very young too.Β Β 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A very promising debut from him and I hope he gets his full debut on Wednesday. It was lovely having someone that wanted to get involved, unlike the fella he came on to replace who is happy to showcase the superpower of invisibility.

πŸ‘

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was not impressed, he had one decent shot that's about it.Β  i didn't see any of the creative defense splitting passes that he's supposed to be known for.Β  if he's supposed to replace gylfi i'm not impressed.Β  never wanted this guy here, i hope he kicks it up a notch and proves me wrong.

You need locking up you nutterπŸ˜‰

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was not impressed, he had one decent shot that's about it.Β  i didn't see any of the creative defense splitting passes that he's supposed to be known for.Β  if he's supposed to replace gylfi i'm not impressed.Β  never wanted this guy here, i hope he kicks it up a notch and proves me wrong.

Have u merged into Pete?

i have never rated iwobi and walcott, 2 players we sadly signed.Β  i've been wrong on so many players let's hope that's what it is.Β  but i saw enough arsenal to see that they are not good.Β  everyone acting like iwobi was messi out there, he had a shot off the bar and little else.Β  he dithered on the ball too much, he needs to be more decisive.