Sign in to follow this  
Peter H

Transfer deadline day 8/8

Who would you like the most tomorrow?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like the most tomorrow?

• Zaha
    • Sidibé
    • Zouma
    • Doucoure
    • Smalling
    • Iwobi
    • Luiz
    • Tomori
    • Other, specify in comments (likely signings)

Thought id get this thread in early. Going to be a busy day by all accounts. Lots of Everton rumors flying around. 

Who would you most like to see come in?

Rumoured in:

Djibril Sidibé, Zaha, Iwobi, Zouma, Smalling, David Luiz, Doucoure, Fikayo Tomori etc

Rumoured out:

McCarthy, Mirallas, Niasse, Bolasie

14 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Thought id get this thread in early. Going to be a busy day by all accounts. Lots of Everton rumors flying around. 

Who would you most like to see come in?

Rumoured in:

Djibril Sidibé, Zaha, Iwobi, Zouma, Smalling, David Luiz, Doucoure, Fikayo Tomori etc

Rumoured out:

McCarthy, Mirallas, Niasse, Bolasie

The David Luiz link has came from the S*n. Therefore its a load of shite.

linked with David luiz?  i don't think he's a wordlie but i do think he would be a solid backup.  on the cheap that could be a nice deal.  plus he's another brazilian for our portuguese speakers and by all accounts a good locker room guy.  i know a lot of people on here don't like him because of his hair (typical uptight brits) or his outgoing personality, but on the cheap he could be useful.  

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

linked with David luiz?  i don't think he's a wordlie but i do think he would be a solid backup.  on the cheap that could be a nice deal.  plus he's another brazilian for our portuguese speakers and by all accounts a good locker room guy.  i know a lot of people on here don't like him because of his hair (typical uptight brits) or his outgoing personality, but on the cheap he could be useful.  

Mark mate, its the scum newsrag who have put that out there, its complete fiction.

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Zouma. 

Wont happen, its being reported by GFFN on twitter Luiz has refused to train to force through a move to Arsenal. GFFN usually get everything spot on.

13 minutes ago, aaron said:

Wont happen, its being reported by GFFN on twitter Luiz has refused to train to force through a move to Arsenal. GFFN usually get everything spot on.

The question was who you'd most want us to sign out of those listed, not how likely it is.

I simply cannot say. Zaha would transform our front line, Zouma would transform our backline.

It's like asking me if I would rather lose my left testicle or the right one.

I think the 1 key signing we have to make is CB as we only have Keane, Yerry and Holgate. Never a fan of moving a DM into back 4 as and when needed.

Zouma aint going to happen so its going to have to be a random from Europe or a loan for a player who cannot get into their own teams starting XI or a youth.

Would be happy with Ake though!

Anyone get the sense of panic today if these rumours of bids from us today are true - not sure they are genuine myself.

Think weve moved on from the last day Moyes/Kenright trips

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So he's smarter than the average Berra?

"I never said most of the things I said"

He he was a gift to sportswriters 🤣

i have said from the very begining we would never get zouma, not sure why some of you keep going on about it.  he's not coming.  start dreaming up other CB moves.  side note:  Ake for 70m?  this is getting out of control, he's worth half that at best.

Zouma - I accept it’s not happening but he’s been great for us and I do feel he wanted to stay but it was beyond him to make it happen. Looks like he’ll be first choice at Chelsea with Luiz seemingly gone and Rudiger still out so good luck to him - he’s class and deserves all the luck that comes his way.

Just now, c1982 said:

There’s a deluded part of me that thinks we’re signing Umtiti on-loan from Barcelona.

dude i would love that.  get the barca connection going, also he's a french speaker and we have more than a few of those.  this would be amazing

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

There’s a deluded part of me that thinks we’re signing Umtiti on-loan from Barcelona.

Would absolutely love that but just can't see it happening. Unless we sweeten the deal by throwing in Niasse to play just in front of Messi. 

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

Him and Zaha along with what we have gotten - that’s a serious case for top 4.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Him and Zaha along with what we have gotten - that’s a serious case for top 4.

I’d be very surprised if we improve on our position from last season by much. There’s been another overhaul and, whilst it’s been executed much better, there’s still quite a few who need to settle. It’s going to be a bumpy few months.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d be very surprised if we improve on our position from last season by much. There’s been another overhaul and, whilst it’s been executed much better, there’s still quite a few who need to settle. It’s going to be a bumpy few months.

Yeh I can agree with that. I was thinking earlier I felt this way when we signed all those players a few years back and that turned out wank... Still exciting times and feel we are definitely stepping the right direction with our transfer policy.

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

He’s fucking shit

Whilst I don't rate him he is better than having absolutely no one to cover Mina and Keane. Holgate and Rojo are the back up CB's it seems which although not ideal is better than just Holgate.