IGNORED

Carabao Cup

MikeO

8 minutes ago, barryj said:

That’s the FA cup and league cup written off then? So just the Premier League to play for? I’ve got a feeling you are going to be disappointed for many many years especially with FFP in play now. 

I'd be happy with an fa cup. I'd prioritise it as:

Premier League

(Champions league) 

Top 4 / (Europa league) 

Fa cup 

Top 6

Avoid relegation 

League cup

12 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I don't agree that "most" will say we are a better side without Gana. There's currently no proof of that. I will agree that DCL is currently better suited to Silva's system though, and I agree that Gylfi isn't the quickest. 

I think DCL is better suited to Silva's system when we play on the counter attack especially against the top sides but he is no better than Tosun against sides that park the bus. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think DCL is better suited to Silva's system when we play on the counter attack especially against the top sides but he is no better than Tosun against sides that park the bus. 

That's true, but then again, we don't have any striker that's capable of creating something from nothing against teams that park the bus. Hopefully Kean turns out to be that player.

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd rather Tosun have started against Palace albeit in a different system. If we stick with this system regardless of opposition Tosun shouldn't play.

On 17/08/2019 at 12:09, pete0 said:

I'd be happy with an fa cup. I'd prioritise it as:

Premier League

(Champions league) 

Top 4 / (Europa league) 

Fa cup 

Top 6

Avoid relegation 

League cup

So you’d prioritise winning the FA cup over being relegated? Come on - I know you don’t like the league cup and are trying to make a point but again I struggle to see your logic. 

16 minutes ago, barryj said:

So you’d prioritise winning the FA cup over being relegated? Come on - I know you don’t like the league cup and are trying to make a point but again I struggle to see your logic. 

5 years ago I'd have said avoid relegation but the drought is only getting longer.

If you got to the FA Cup final and also needed to get a result in the last game of the season what would you prioritise? 

34 minutes ago, barryj said:

I honk any fan would prioritise winning he FA cup over being relegated mate haha.

Why would any fan want to prioritise being relegated 😉

I think what PeteO is saying, is that working from the bottom up.... he would rather concentrate on AVOIDING relegation before winning the league cup. 

I don’t agree myself, I don’t think as a club you should ever target not getting relegated. Mine would be:

Winning Premier.

CL qualification.

FA cup.

League cup.

Europa qualification.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think what PeteO is saying, is that working from the bottom up.... he would rather concentrate on AVOIDING relegation before winning the league cup. 

I don’t agree myself, I don’t think as a club you should ever target not getting relegated. Mine would be:

Winning Premier.

CL qualification.

FA cup.

League cup.

Europa qualification.

But that’s not even an argument to have? We haven’t been close to relegation for many years so why bring it up as a priority? We have got to the final of the FA cup in 2009 and finished 5th, semi final 15/16 and finishing mid table so saying the Caraboa Cup would give us an added chance of relegation is absurd. It’s just another nonsense debate. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

But that’s not even an argument to have? We haven’t been close to relegation for many years so why bring it up as a priority? We have got to the final of the FA cup in 2009 and finished 5th, semi final 15/16 and finishing mid table so saying the Caraboa Cup would give us an added chance of relegation is absurd. It’s just another nonsense debate. 

I agree it’s nonsense to suggest the League cup is any kind of distraction.

I was just commenting on how I read PeteOs comment that’s all.

I don’t think he meant he is prioritising relegation. More that he feels avoiding it is more important a priority than winning what some class as a locket mouse cup.

I would rather win it myself and avoid relegation, and win the FA cup, and throw the prem title in while we’re at it.

7 minutes ago, barryj said:

Think you're having half this conversation in your own head. Where I have said we'd be more likely to be relegated. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

5 years ago I'd have said avoid relegation but the drought is only getting longer.

If you got to the FA Cup final and also needed to get a result in the last game of the season what would you prioritise? 

😂😂😂 - You’d take winning the FA cup and being relegated? You’re  crazier than I thought? Seriously. New stadium, Championship football and a Wembley final resembling more a wake than a celebration. 

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

😂😂😂 - You’d take winning the FA cup and being relegated? You’re  crazier than I thought? Seriously. New stadium, Championship football and a Wembley final resembling more a wake than a celebration. 

I used to be on the other side of that argument but I was only a kid last time we won anything so hopefully we'll get another soon. 

7 minutes ago, barryj said:

Then why would you not want to win it? 🤦‍♂️

I’m also waiting for your answer above.

Fucking question with a question, come off it. When have you asked me that any way I must have missed it? 

As Shukes as already clarified. 

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think he meant he is prioritising relegation. More that he feels avoiding it is more important a priority than winning what some class as a locket mouse cup.

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

I think Pete has actually managed to out Pete himself!

if I’m reading this right you have no interest in winning or even competing in this competition ( win a trophy ) but you would happily take relegation if it meant winning the FA Cup because the trophy drought has gone on too long ?

Thats some fucked up logic even by your standards 

18 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think Pete has actually managed to out Pete himself!

if I’m reading this right you have no interest in winning or even competing in this competition ( win a trophy ) but you would happily take relegation if it meant winning the FA Cup because the trophy drought has gone on too long ?

Thats some fucked up logic even by your standards 

Already said I don't see the league cup as worth anymore than a preseason tournament trophy. 

Villa fans recognise Everton as being more successful than them. If league cups were worth more than squat they'd have an argument. 

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

Villa fans really think that? They won the European cup! The best cup we’ve ever won had been shut down. Think Villa fans are treating themselves a bit harsh. 

Nine league titles to their seven. The league is like a gold medal, rather have one gold medal than two silver. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m still pretty sure their fans won’t be thinking we are a bigger club, as much as I think we are a bigger club. 

Not bigger but more successful. Alex Ferguson knocked Liverpool off their perch by overtaking their league title haul even though Liverpool had more European. 

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Not bigger but more successful. Alex Ferguson knocked Liverpool off their perch by overtaking their league title haul even though Liverpool had more European. 

But Liverpool fans will still think they are bigger won’t they? 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Why does it matter of they think they're bigger. We're talking about success. 

Because you said Villa fans think Everton are more successful. Bigger and success go hand in hand. You don’t get more glory points for different trophies. I’m still not sure why you brought Villa into it. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Because you said Villa fans think Everton are more successful. Bigger and success go hand in hand. You don’t get more glory points for different trophies. I’m still not sure why you brought Villa into it. 

Don’t do it to yourself you’ll find yourself trying to explain your point over and over! I got sucked in yesterday 🤣