IGNORED

Carabao Cup

MikeO

4 hours ago, barryj said:

Don’t do it to yourself you’ll find yourself trying to explain your point over and over! I got sucked in yesterday 🤣

I'd made it clear in my previous post that success and size aren't the same. But crack on. Still waiting for your response but hey ho.

Clearly, neither Crystal Palace nor Norwich view this cup as particularly important.

Re relative priorities, here's my list:

1. Finishing first in the Premier League
  2. Finishing second in the Premier League
  3. Finishing third in the Premier League
  4. Finishing fourth in the Premier League
  5. Finishing fifth in the Premier League
  6. Finishing sixth in the Premier League
  7. Finishing seventh in the Premier League
  8. Finishing eighth in the Premier League
  9. Finishing ninth in the Premier League
  10. Finishing tenth in the Premier League
  11. Winning the FA Cup
  12. Finishing eleventh in the Premier League
  13. Finishing twelfth in the Premier League
  14. Finishing thirteenth in the Premier League
  15. Finishing fourteenth in the Premier League
  16. Finishing fifteenth in the Premier League
  17. Finishing sixteenth in the Premier League
  18. Finishing seventeenth in the Premier League
  19. Winning the Caraboa Cup

PS - Winning the FA Cup is a bit of a concession since the prize money is less than finishing 19th in the league - but it does carry some prestige. The prestige associated with winning the Caraboa Cup is the cube root of zero. Who wants to waste time playing Bradford or Burton in a semifinal?

Sorry - I made my point earlier and had intended to say no more, but since others posted their priority list, I felt I ought to do the same.

40 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Clearly, neither Crystal Palace nor Norwich view this cup as particularly important.

Re relative priorities, here's my list:

1. Finishing first in the Premier League
  2. Finishing second in the Premier League
  3. Finishing third in the Premier League
  4. Finishing fourth in the Premier League
  5. Finishing fifth in the Premier League
  6. Finishing sixth in the Premier League
  7. Finishing seventh in the Premier League
  8. Finishing eighth in the Premier League
  9. Finishing ninth in the Premier League
  10. Finishing tenth in the Premier League
  11. Winning the FA Cup
  12. Finishing eleventh in the Premier League
  13. Finishing twelfth in the Premier League
  14. Finishing thirteenth in the Premier League
  15. Finishing fourteenth in the Premier League
  16. Finishing fifteenth in the Premier League
  17. Finishing sixteenth in the Premier League
  18. Finishing seventeenth in the Premier League
  19. Winning the Caraboa Cup

PS - Winning the FA Cup is a bit of a concession since the prize money is less than finishing 19th in the league - but it does carry some prestige. The prestige associated with winning the Caraboa Cup is the cube root of zero. Who wants to waste time playing Bradford or Burton in a semifinal?

Sorry - I made my point earlier and had intended to say no more, but since others posted their priority list, I felt I ought to do the same.

Totally bizarre if I hadn’t seen it I wouldn’t have believed it, I’m caught between half believing you mean it and half believing you’re  having a laugh, honestly don’t know what to think. 

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Carabao Cup
4 hours ago, c1982 said:

1. Win the league.

2. Win any other trophy.

3. Qualify for the Champions League.

4. Quality for the Europa Cup.

5. Finish as high up the league as possible.

100% this

We have already gone 25 years without a trophy, that’s generations of Evertonians who haven’t seen us win anything

If our manager has the same attitude as Cornish we aren’t going to win anything for the next 25 years either

Im sure he is just taking the piss to over emphasise his point but preferring a top 10 finish ahead of winning the FA Cup is the type of accepting mediocrity attitude we need to rid the club and its supporter of

Indeed what a load of shite!

does anyone care about the difference in league positions outside of the top 6? Not really.  But a good cup run and even better winning it is the kind of thing that fans bother to turn up for .

I want to see us playing a final and lifting a trophy.  I’ve seen us finish between 4th and 17th all my life but unfortunately can only remember one trophy and being at that final was a darn sight more exciting than a lot of the league games I’ve seen of which no one will remember a year later.

the example of Burton and Bradford is also one off bollocks.  Our last league cup semi final we lost to Man City.  Didn’t we also lose one to the shite as well? 

id happily play Burton in the semi final if it got us a final anyway. You insinuating that it’s a Micky mouse cup won by lesser teams which is completely wrong.  15 of the last 30 finalists have been from the big 6 and only 1 has featured none of them.  Success is what those teams aspire to on all fronts and so should we

City start taking the tournament serious around the quarters. Hopefully they get a tough draw early on and give us a chance. To be able to see my son see us lift a trophy would be unreal. Once we get the taste back for trophies who knows what can happen? If we get a bad draw we get a bad draw but let’s go for it. I want to be excited for a quarter final or a semi. What would people rather? No game and we are out? Lunacy 

51 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

City start taking the tournament serious around the quarters. Hopefully they get a tough draw early on and give us a chance. To be able to see my son see us lift a trophy would be unreal. Once we get the taste back for trophies who knows what can happen? If we get a bad draw we get a bad draw but let’s go for it. I want to be excited for a quarter final or a semi. What would people rather? No game and we are out? Lunacy 

My lad was born in 1996, epic bad timing! His four big sisters have no interest in football at all despite my best efforts.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'll take it.  they need to focus on staying up in the premier league, i don't expect them to take this seriously.  very happy with it.

That's Sheffield United mate, Wednesday are in the Championship.

I will take it though, they've been a mixed bag in the lower leagues and will probably have one eye on the race for the playoffs, even though it's still early doors. We could have had a lot worse and even though it's away we should really be winning it comfortably. 

Apparently Pickford was gutted we didn't draw Sunderland 😂!

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Horrible draw, away to a good championship team. Looks like if we get anywhere in this cup.... we’re doing it the hard way!

We seem to have done worse at home in this competition in recent years - losing to Norwich and Southampton at Goodison stand-out. It may help being away and hopefully just go through under the radar.