• André Gomes
    • Bernard
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Theo Walcott
    • Moise Kean
    • Mason Holgate

Pickford, few poor decisions in the first half well and truly made up with that save. The throw out leading to him getting hit in the face was perfect as well, deserved a goal at the end of it, his teammates let him down on that attack and ended with him getting a literal slap in the face. 

Gomes a close second. Kept calm and was strong on the ball, really helped out Gbamin who struggled second half. DCL also done what was asked of him up top. Whole back four did their job although Digne wasn't at his usual higher standards. Good to see Bernard confident in front of goal but him and Digne haven't quite got that tandem back yet. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just looking at the votes so far and it’s brilliant to see a spread across the team. I think only Richarlison had a “bad” game because he should’ve had 2 goals, and would have on another day

Mentioning no names but I'm aghast that Gylfi has a vote, MOTM in injury time maybe?

I don’t think we were good in the second half. We needed to make the most of our possession in the first half. If Watford were even half decent they would have been back in the game the second half. But the three points is all the really matters. If you don’t play well and still pick up the win I’ll take that every week. 

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just looking at the votes so far and it’s brilliant to see a spread across the team. I think only Richarlison had a “bad” game because he should’ve had 2 goals, and would have on another day

More a case of there being no stand outs.

Agree on the no bad games mostly, except I thought Richarlison was good in the first half. Other than that Sigurdssen but I'd blame tactics rather than the player himself. 

43 minutes ago, pete0 said:

More a case of there being no stand outs.

Agree on the no bad games mostly, except I thought Richarlison was good in the first half. Other than that Sigurdssen but I'd blame tactics rather than the player himself. 

No stand outs but because of good performances all round was what I was getting at. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He was certainly getting into those positions and surly its only a matter of time before he hits the back of the net! Seemed to get more frustrated the longer he was on the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

No stand outs but because of good performances all round was what I was getting at. 

First 25 mins they were, but the rest of the game was pretty meh. Crude system but if rating them out of 10 with 6 being doing their job I'd have them as:

8 - Pickford

7 - Gomes, Mina, Digne, DCL, [first half] Richarlison and Gbamin 

6 - the rest bar Sig, and second half Richarlison. 

5 - Sigurdssen

4 - Second half Richarlison, might seem harsh but his poor pass nearly gave a goal away and he should have scored himself. 

• MikeO locked this topic